[Q] (Q) Root why not to?

Search This thread

Paland49

Mar 8, 2014
I know that root your S5 will trip knox.
I know that some have been saying that, if you root, that you can cant get connection to the update sever.
But what other issuse is there.

Sorry for the spelling, but im dyslexic.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I know that root your S5 will trip knox.
I know that some have been saying that, if you root, that you can cant get connection to the update sever.
But what other issuse is there.

Sorry for the spelling, but im dyslexic.

Regarding KNOX there is a massive grey area around it, will Samsung carry out warranty work if it's tripped. Some report yes, some report no, some just don't know but guess.

It's all down to you really, if you feel rooting is a benefit to you then it might be worth losing OTA/Knox(warranty) etc. I rooted my Note 3 and tripped KNOX the day I got it, and tbh I never had issues.

Paland49

Mar 8, 2014
Regarding KNOX there is a massive grey area around it, will Samsung carry out warranty work if it's tripped. Some report yes, some report no, some just don't know but guess.

It's all down to you really, if you feel rooting is a benefit to you then it might be worth losing OTA/Knox(warranty) etc. I rooted my Note 3 and tripped KNOX the day I got it, and tbh I never had issues.

I got a Note 10.1 2014 and I have root it. i really like to options root gives me, like frezzing app's i dont need or use and ADAway. But im not sure to root my S5 or not to.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Ask yourself if you really need root right now, if not then don't risk it, if you do then go ahead and do what you need etc. :)

vorta251

May 3, 2013
hmm, I think the real question is about the risk versus benefits...
Thing is I refuse to share my device with my compagny, if I own the hardware then all software limits are unacceptable.period.

Now, getting root is not for all and every user, so unless you know what you do then don't go for it...
I think that since most of our digital life happen on mobile device nowadays, empowerment is mandatory.
We can't let big company decide for us, too much is at stake.

For example, I use Xposed module with Xprivacy in order to have control over what data of mine are shared with internet.
Root only brings you control, not only choices, and that's what matter!

Reactions: Ffinger

Ffinger

Apr 28, 2012
Thing is I refuse to share my device with my compagny, if I own the hardware then all software limits are unacceptable.period.

Now, getting root is not for all and every user, so unless you know what you do then don't go for it...
I think that since most of our digital life happen on mobile device nowadays, empowerment is mandatory.

For example, I use Xposed module with Xprivacy in order to have control over what data of mine are shared with internet.

I am very interested in the privacy point you make was just wondering if you could expand on what Xposed module and xprivacy do. Sorry fairly new to rooting and mods. I have a stock Telus s5 900w8 thanks in advance

Last edited:

vorta251

May 3, 2013
I am very interested in the privacy point you make was just wondering if you could expand on what Xposed module and xprivacy do. Sorry fairly new to rooting and mods. I have a stock Telus s5 900w8 thanks in advance

Xposed is a framework that allow module to run at a system level WITHOUT to have to modify your rom (it's very much alike to what winterboard is to jailbreaked Iphone).

Modules are very different from added functionality to cosmetic changes.

Xprivacy is not blocking any permissions for the apps, instead you can generate random informations and choose to give it to the apps.
The apps never crash because of Xprivacy, for example, Facebook thing I live in finland (i'm located in Asia)
So you can decide app by app what you allow and what you don't.

You'll find plenty of info about these topics here on xda!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.