[Q] Knock Knock - Tap tap to wake on ZU

Search This thread
My phone is currently running everything stock , I am considering rooting my device !
one of the primary reason is to get the knock knock - double tap to wake and sleep the device .
the question is , is it possible to get it on the ZU after rooting .
Hopefully there are no issues rooting ZU on 4.3 , if any please mention
thank you :)

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
My phone is currently running everything stock , I am considering rooting my device !
one of the primary reason is to get the knock knock - double tap to wake and sleep the device .
the question is , is it possible to get it on the ZU after rooting .
Hopefully there are no issues rooting ZU on 4.3 , if any please mention
thank you :)

search is your friend ;)

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Ok, maybe I should have said search is my (or the collective forum) friend, as the question has been asked and answered several times that there is no knock/knock to wahe port for the XZU

i havent seen any knock2 to wake that works on z ultra. care to point the link sir?

Ok, maybe I should have said search is my (or the collective forum) friend, as the question has been asked and answered several times that there is no knock/knock to wahe port for the XZU

The idea came my mind when i read that the knock knock feature was ported to HTC ONE through flashing something , so I thought if this could be done for the XZu it would be awesome !
and since I am coming from the jailbreak family :p i couldn't do much research about the true capabilities of rooting !

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
It's not Knock Knock, BUT:

I use the Gravity Screen app. On stock settings, it will turn off your display when you cover the proximity sensor and you tilt the device a certain angle, like when you're putting it in your pocket.

It will wake it up again once the prox sensor detects that nothing's covering it, like when you take it out of a pocket, or flip open a wallet case. You can play with the different settings to make it work however you want.

In my case, I've set it up so that if my phone is lying on the table, I can just tap/hover a finger (or palm/entire hand) over the proximity sensor and the screen will activate. Just like Samsung's implementation, or indeed Knock Knock. In my case though, it just takes one...knock. :)

No more wear on the power button. For turning the screen off, I use the Screen Off app (double tap with Nova's gestures). Or if I'm putting the phone in my pocket, the screen turns off automatically once the top part goes down a certain angle.

Hope this helps.

I use the Gravity Screen app. On stock settings, it will turn off your display when you cover the proximity sensor and you tilt the device a certain angle, like when you're putting it in your pocket.

It will wake it up again once the prox sensor detects that nothing's covering it, like when you take it out of a pocket, or flip open a wallet case. You can play with the different settings to make it work however you want.

In my case, I've set it up so that if my phone is lying on the table, I can just tap/hover a finger (or palm/entire hand) over the proximity sensor and the screen will activate. Just like Samsung's implementation, or indeed Knock Knock. In my case though, it just takes one...knock. :)

No more wear on the power button. For turning the screen off, I use the Screen Off app (double tap with Nova's gestures). Or if I'm putting the phone in my pocket, the screen turns off automatically once the top part goes down a certain angle.

Hope this helps.

Thank you , will surely try this app and work my way around this :)

bryanhayn

Dec 10, 2011
Can anyone confirm if double tap to wake was added to the official 4.4.2 kitkat update? I'm thiiiiiiis close to buying the Z Ultra, but I need to know this first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps.
    No.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Free mobile app

but there is a build of the kernel (at least a build of DooMLoRD's kernel) that has dt2w enabled