(updated for Lollipop) V4A APP/Settings

Search This thread

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Attention!!!: will keep this thread updated and current as long as i still have a working phone with internet or a computer with internet that's a promise to you all

Hello XDA Sprint/Boost/Virgin S3 Users
I have decided to add this to the themes and apps section since it not here.....V4A has been around for a while boosting the overall sound of your android device. Now in this thread i am gonna share how i have it set up on my s3 what i have turned on and what not....

Here's the OP so you can get the app (and to thank them) if your not on Wicked X Rom which comes with this app pre-installed (you have to update it to the latest if you have Wicked X 7.3{ Wicked X 8.0 and Barebones have the latest V4A} )...So for ND8 stock, CarbonRom and so on....i haven't been able to install the sound driver in NDC stock tho.....

here's the screen shots of how i have it set up for headphones. I have Viper installed on stock ND8 right now and this is with my SOL REPUBLIC 1112-31 JAX In-Ear Headphones and this setting has nice bass and clarity :) also i have the latest version installed v2.3.3.0 codename: Beautiful

if you already have this installed share your settings on here and explain what it sorta sounds like (strong bass, high mid section etc..) and the rom your using as well :)

and your more then welcome to use my settings or anyone else's settings if anyone else posts on here :)

Working with: CarbonRom, Illusion Rom, Nameless Rom, Liquid Smooth, Stock ND8, Stock other sprint/boost/virgin TW rom, Tribute Rom, Wicked X Rom and now CM12 and Liquid Smooth V4 check last Edit

Not Working:
Stock NDC (will put in working if anyone else can confirm), sadly SOKP Milestone 04 is on this part of the list :/, you tell me if it doesn't work on the rom your on and i will add on here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: if you want help installing the sound driver it would help if you say which Rom you are using; if someone has it working on that Rom it's more then likely that they will help you install it so you can enjoy eargasim sound like the rest of us :p

Edit: if no one has it working on that Rom i will add it to the not working section in this thread so others know if it will before they try that Rom and complain that it isn't working

Edit: updated settings on post #17
Edit: working on Lollipop click me
Edit: Sony MDR-ZX310 Profile

Edit: hello everyone it's been a while and because I don't want to make another thread I'm gonna let the LG G Stylo users comment on here :)

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,532
  • 3.png
    3.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,534
  • 4.png
    4.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 1.png
    1.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 5.png
    5.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,388
  • 6.png
    6.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,325
  • 7.png
    7.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 8.png
    8.png
    148 KB · Views: 1,208
  • 9.png
    9.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:

ssmercurys

Jan 2, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I like the idea of this thread. If I had to choose between apps I use with root, this one would be on the top.

My headphones are Ultrasone HFI-780 and can handle heavy bass and treble very well. Due to S-Logic being integrated into them as well I chose to turn on surround effects (which actually sound really cool once you get used to it)

Here is my setup. I also have my configuration saved in my signature below if you'd like to try it out.

Master Power: Enabled
Firequalizer: Enabled
Preset: Custom
(3.1, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5, 2.9, 2.5, 1.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0)

Convolver: Enabled
Impulse Response: HTC Beats Audio ((128K MP3)).irs

Headphone Surround+: Enabled
Effects Level: Level 2

Reverberation: Enabled
Room Size: 25m2
Sound Field: 7m
Damping Factor: 70 percent
Wet Signal: 10 percent
Dry Signal: 70 percent

Dynamic System: Enabled
Listening Device: Common Earphone(v2)
Dynamic Bass: 12 percent

Fidelity Control: Enabled
Bass Mode: Natural Bass
Bass Frequency: 60hz
Bass Boost: 12.0 dB

This configuration is probably my favorite setup of all of them I have used in the last few years. It has a great balance of bass and treble without getting too heavy on either side. Enjoy.

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick. :(

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick. :(

When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it

Last edited:
Reactions: n00b-xda-disciple

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it
It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest busybox installed.
also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?
I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.

Pariah24

Here's what I use when listening with the ear buds that came with my S3 (which aren't half bad)

Pretty basic, I leave most of the surround stuff alone, just not my thing.

Samsung GS3/SPH-710 ~ Wicked X 7.3 [TouchWiz] ~ KT757 Kernel ktoon/bfq

Attachments

• 1406422174889.jpg
    1406422174889.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 1406422193517.jpg
    1406422193517.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 1406422210456.jpg
    1406422210456.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 312
  • 1406422229105.jpg
    1406422229105.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest Busybox installed.

I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.

okay i will download latest build and flash with Philz recovery and i will see if without really messing with it just the standard Viper app install both regular install and system install then I'm gonna try messing with it to see what settings make it install the sound driver :) and if no luck then i will add to the not working rom list :/

edit: I am currently downloading the rom and I'm gonna use the PA Micro Gapps that i normally use with AOSP Roms and i will come with more info once it finishes downloading :)

edit: for some reason its taking me longer to download Milestone 04 SOKP then it took me to download Wicked X 7.3 which had the gapps included .-.

edit: download failed for the 3rd time I'm done for today will try again when i get home later and also tomorrow :/

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
Couldn't make it work with SOKP unfortunately....so for now it's on the not working list but if you can make it work on that Rom help @Kreatur3 out with how you made it work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for trying bro. Truly appreciated. I'm going to make a backup and check out conquest next. I'll probably end up on SOKP at some point. The built in audio options don't work with Pandora though and that's where I do most of my listening.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Thanks for trying bro. Truly appreciated. I'm going to make a backup and check out conquest next. I'll probably end up on SOKP at some point. The built in audio options don't work with Pandora though and that's where I do most of my listening.

why not try out CarbonRom or go back to Stock ND8? i can give you the way i have my entire rom set up (stock ND8) :)

Reactions: Kreatur3
For anyone who likes to tweak their music listening experience using V4A, @jmxc23 has posted a zip with 392 different IRS files in post #391 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53650374
Be sure to thank him.

It's not a flashable. Extract the contents and manually move the IRS files to Viper4Android/kernel.

Set U.I. to advanced to access impulse response setting - make a folder in vyper4android named kernel on SD - paste irs files - feature granted :)
Thanks again @marcran75 for the useful information.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums...f-1145-4404-8c04-3460628ca1bf_zps4f663980.jpg
@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme
Wicked Pink For Breast Cancer Theme thanks @porkyhontas for helping out.
@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps
@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

lately I've been kind of busy with other projects and helping out at my dads store but i will post more screen shots of how i have it set up this time around along with what music player im using and the settings on there.........I'm here to serve and go check out the other links in my signature :p

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Update

here's my updated settings still using Ink'd 2.0 from Skull Candy and im using the stock Touchwiz Music Player still clear treble and base :) mostly for Hard Bass edm and house and Rap/Hip-hop and some Country actually sounds good with this setting :) enjoy

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 253

mmayo01

Nov 4, 2008
Boston
Am I doing something wrong? I don't have nearly as many options to choose in the FX app as you do in your screenshots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention!!!: will keep this thread updated and current as long as i still have a working phone with internet or a computer with internet that's a promise to you all

Hello XDA Sprint/Boost/Virgin S3 Users
    I have decided to add this to the themes and apps section since it not here.....V4A has been around for a while boosting the overall sound of your android device. Now in this thread i am gonna share how i have it set up on my s3 what i have turned on and what not....

Here's the OP so you can get the app (and to thank them) if your not on Wicked X Rom which comes with this app pre-installed (you have to update it to the latest if you have Wicked X 7.3{ Wicked X 8.0 and Barebones have the latest V4A} )...So for ND8 stock, CarbonRom and so on....i haven't been able to install the sound driver in NDC stock tho.....

here's the screen shots of how i have it set up for headphones. I have Viper installed on stock ND8 right now and this is with my SOL REPUBLIC 1112-31 JAX In-Ear Headphones and this setting has nice bass and clarity :) also i have the latest version installed v2.3.3.0 codename: Beautiful

if you already have this installed share your settings on here and explain what it sorta sounds like (strong bass, high mid section etc..) and the rom your using as well :)

and your more then welcome to use my settings or anyone else's settings if anyone else posts on here :)

Working with: CarbonRom, Illusion Rom, Nameless Rom, Liquid Smooth, Stock ND8, Stock other sprint/boost/virgin TW rom, Tribute Rom, Wicked X Rom and now CM12 and Liquid Smooth V4 check last Edit

Not Working:
    Stock NDC (will put in working if anyone else can confirm), sadly SOKP Milestone 04 is on this part of the list :/, you tell me if it doesn't work on the rom your on and i will add on here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: if you want help installing the sound driver it would help if you say which Rom you are using; if someone has it working on that Rom it's more then likely that they will help you install it so you can enjoy eargasim sound like the rest of us :p

Edit: if no one has it working on that Rom i will add it to the not working section in this thread so others know if it will before they try that Rom and complain that it isn't working

Edit: updated settings on post #17
    Edit: working on Lollipop click me
    Edit: Sony MDR-ZX310 Profile

Edit: hello everyone it's been a while and because I don't want to make another thread I'm gonna let the LG G Stylo users comment on here :)
    I like the idea of this thread. If I had to choose between apps I use with root, this one would be on the top.

My headphones are Ultrasone HFI-780 and can handle heavy bass and treble very well. Due to S-Logic being integrated into them as well I chose to turn on surround effects (which actually sound really cool once you get used to it)

Here is my setup. I also have my configuration saved in my signature below if you'd like to try it out.

Master Power: Enabled
    Firequalizer: Enabled
    Preset: Custom
    (3.1, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5, 2.9, 2.5, 1.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0)

Convolver: Enabled
    Impulse Response: HTC Beats Audio ((128K MP3)).irs

Headphone Surround+: Enabled
    Effects Level: Level 2

Reverberation: Enabled
    Room Size: 25m2
    Sound Field: 7m
    Damping Factor: 70 percent
    Wet Signal: 10 percent
    Dry Signal: 70 percent

Dynamic System: Enabled
    Listening Device: Common Earphone(v2)
    Dynamic Bass: 12 percent

Fidelity Control: Enabled
    Bass Mode: Natural Bass
    Bass Frequency: 60hz
    Bass Boost: 12.0 dB

This configuration is probably my favorite setup of all of them I have used in the last few years. It has a great balance of bass and treble without getting too heavy on either side. Enjoy.
    Here is what i did to make it work for android lollipop 5.0 specifically on Oct-L it should work on CM12
    thanks in part to
    @[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]tcat007[/COLOR]and the nexus 5 thread i got some info from :)
    My "process":
    1. Make sure you have V4A installed as a system app.
    2. Download the zip down below and flash in recovery
    3. Make sure SELinux is set to permissive.
    4. Make sure nu player is unchecked in Dev settings.
    5. Open v4a and select driver, super audio quality works best.
    6. Reboot immediately.
    7. Change UI to expert.
    8. Load profile (or change settings and save profile)
    9. Enjoy.

No more using compatibility mode :D

also if you don't know how to install as system app here is how:

use a root explorer (i use root browser) also download ViPER4Android
    1. Go under system
    2. Go to priv-app you will notice folders with app names
    3. Make V4A folder named "ViPER4Android_FX_A4.x"
    4.Set permissions of newly created folder to 0755 or rwxr-xr-x
    5. Now copy the V4A app you downloaded into the new folder
    6. Set permissions of V4A to 0644 or rw-r--r--
    7. Reboot
    8. Follow first set of instructions
    see the screen shot below

and download the Clear Bass.zip then extract the folder thats inside of it then move said folder to Storage/emulated/0/Viper4Andriod folder/Profile

to use Clear Bass folder, while in Viper4Andriod press the menu key then press Load Effect Profile then select Clear Bass and you should be good to go :)
    Update

here's my updated settings still using Ink'd 2.0 from Skull Candy and im using the stock Touchwiz Music Player still clear treble and base :) mostly for Hard Bass edm and house and Rap/Hip-hop and some Country actually sounds good with this setting :) enjoy