Sipdroid 1.0.4 Primer [updated 2009-08-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
So is there any way to make a call to a Skype user without using phone minutes or paying someone (e.g. Gizmo5 OpenSky for calls longer than 5 minutes)?

Thanks

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
So is there any way to make a call to a Skype user without using phone minutes or paying someone (e.g. Gizmo5 OpenSky for calls longer than 5 minutes)?

Thanks
I havent figured out making even skype test call using sipdroid. I think there are issues like 1) How a sipdroid user knows if a skype contact is online to receive calls?
I use iskoot but it is only limited to "3" users for free but available to all but not free. Saerch for iskoot skype.

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
I havent figured out making even skype test call using sipdroid. I think there are issues like 1) How a sipdroid user knows if a skype contact is online to receive calls?
I use iskoot but it is only limited to "3" users for free but available to all but not free. Saerch for iskoot skype.

But this still requires callback, right? I got a message saying they have no local number in Costa Rica and that long distance rates would apply...

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
Wait for either Fring or Nimbuzz. I perfer Nimbuzz because how it works and less or no lag compared to Fring.

I heard there was a beta planned for Fring. Are there any such plans for Nimbuzz where you can use it without minutes to call Skype with 3G data/WiFi?

Thanks

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
I heard there was a beta planned for Fring. Are there any such plans for Nimbuzz where you can use it without minutes to call Skype with 3G data/WiFi?

Thanks
Yes when Nimbuzz is perfected as on symbian.
Once out I imagine it will work san as on symbian allowing to initiate calls to skype,msn as well as yahoo and gtalk. 3G and WiFi.

mart434u

Oct 5, 2009
Hi
installed sipdroid and tried using tpad but just would not work.
Went down the PBXes route and after a struggle alls working great

Only thing I cannot do is dial out from the keypad I have tried dialing rules in PBXes and adding + sign on the phone keypad phone always selects my network !! Only way I can make a call is by entering a number in the "called party address" box in sipdroid it works but.... preferably I would like to dial from contacts and the phone keypad.

Any help appreciated

Martin

HTC Hero (wasTMobile G2 touch)
firmware version 1.5
software version 1.0.0A6288
Build number MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.3 Core

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
Hi

Only thing I cannot do is dial out from the keypad I have tried dialing rules in PBXes and adding + sign on the phone keypad phone always selects my network !! Only way I can make a call is by entering a number in the "called party address" box in sipdroid it works but.... preferably I would like to dial from contacts and the phone keypad.
Any help appreciated

Martin
Hi, Try this without quotes! "9|x." in your outbound route dialling patterns box. So, for example if you are using pennytel for local/national calls, any numbers begin with 9 will use pennytel route. You can make different rules for other sip providers if you have more than one.
eg. voipcheap "0|x." Sipgate "1|x."
Hope above helps.

mart434u

Oct 5, 2009
hi
thanks for that but I don't seem to be able to get the phone to dial anything other than my network operator from the keypad even if I enter the TPad number it tries to dail like 9004401527****** it then ends the call because its not a valid number. Is there an option to force the keypad to not dial to the network but to voip?

Lord Lucan

Sep 23, 2009
Did you manage to get it working with Skype? If so, how did you configure pbxes?

Thanks
Someone asked twice at sipdroid discussion and I must say that no one from the team led by P Merle responded.
That is very unproffesional and arrogant behaviour from so called core group.
If P Merle wants to be successful, he must take some lessions and trainings in public relations.

TpadVoIP

Oct 17, 2009
To dial a PSTN / Mobile number using the Tpad VoIP Network you have to dial using this format only:

How to make Low Cost International Numbers using Tpad:

Dial 9 + 00 + Country Code of the destination your are dialling + Area Code + Contact Number

The Tpad Format of Dialling International / Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

UK Landline = 9004412827777XX Pakistan Landline = 900923456789XX
India Landline = 9009123456789XX US Landline = 90012345678XX

UK Mobile = 900447973304XX Pakistan Mobile = 90092345678912XX
India Mobile = 900913123456XX US Mobile = 90012345678XX

From your post you left the "leading Zero" 9004401527****** so try dialling
900441527******

P.S - we have just changed the dialing pattern to now remove the 9 , so you can add or remove it the calls go through.

Last edited:

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
Dialpad dialling...

To all those who found difficult to use handset dialpad :
HTC dialpad doesnt work to dial to initiate sip calls using sipdroid, but Android dialpad will work providing you use + at the back of nembers. ie.123456789+
To use + sign make a long press on zero.
An updated V1.13 or so is so far very much improved in call quality and also remedies the no ringing tone after numbers dialed.
For those without DID, an option is provided to input your outgoing number but not figured out how.

Migishu

Oct 13, 2009
SIPdroid doesn't seem to be working very well for me. It doesn't seem like it's intergrated at all with the phone app (putting + at the end does not dial out via SIPdroid) and I seem to still be having problem receiving calls.

I'm running the latest version of SIPdroid on a rooted HTC Hero with base firmware.

jackslim

Sep 8, 2009
Worcester, MA
SIPdroid doesn't seem to be working very well for me. It doesn't seem like it's intergrated at all with the phone app (putting + at the end does not dial out via SIPdroid) and I seem to still be having problem receiving calls.

I'm running the latest version of SIPdroid on a rooted HTC Hero with base firmware.

who is your sip provider? I've been using the latest version for about a week now with gizmo/google voice and I can dial out with sipdroid using my contact list no special characters needed. As far as calls I've been getting reliable service using wifi & edge

Migishu

Oct 13, 2009
who is your sip provider? I've been using the latest version for about a week now with gizmo/google voice and I can dial out with sipdroid using my contact list no special characters needed. As far as calls I've been getting reliable service using wifi & edge

Faktortel, they're an Australian company. I should've mentioned I'm in Australia since GV is pretty much worthless to me.

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
hi all,

i like the idea of sipdroid and thanks to the developer,

but i got a small problem, when i am on call using sipdroid , i am not able to hear the first 3-4 letters of the otherside persons voice. if the person talks continuously, i am able to hear him but if he speaks words like yes/no the words are cut

FYI i am having 20MbPS internet connection using alone

any help is appreciated

TIA

Migishu

Oct 13, 2009
I have a suggestion for a future release.

A post-dialing numberpad

I've made a few calls to companies that ask "press 1 for/press 2 for", and couldn't send a reply.

Also, a dialpad in the main sipdroid menu would be awesome too (I'm still having trouble integrating sipdroid into the main phone dialer, + at the end just won't work).

e: I was just thinking, could it be that sipdroid isn't working properly for me because I'm using a different version of dialer? I have 2.00.0009.61205

Again, I'm using a vanilla rooted HTC Hero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.