[ROM][ICS][P7300/P7310]Official CyanogenMod 9 [2012-09-03]

Search This thread

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
Just a quick question - Will the landscape mode ever be smooth as portrait? What's the deal here? I've experienced many cases on tablets, where it's mostly the other way around - portrait is laggier than landscape.

I think this has been answered a million times. The tab 8.9 screen defaults to portrait so the landscape is the one to lag differently than any other tegra 2 tablet on the market.

Gizmo123

Dec 11, 2010
Belgrade
Cool, but is there anything that can be done in the future, to make them equally smooth? I don't think in this Rom, but in any other future Roms for this device. My main question is - are we stuck with portrait always being smoother, or not :)

Ren Hayashi

Sep 23, 2010
USB Connection Kit

Great ICS port on the Galaxy Tab 8.9! Quick question though: is there a way for it to detect a USB flash drive using the Samsung USB Connection (or was it Adapter) Kit? Thanks!

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hi, just got my tab today. Just want to get a feel of this rom development. Seems like there haven't been any updates in a while. Is it because no further improvements have been made that merit an update?

Any big difference between this rom and galaxian soup?

Thanks for your feedback

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
@kallt: any idea when we can expect nightlies? s2 just got added to the list of nightlies but still not our 8.9?
any news?

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Been busy with other things so I haven't been here for a while but I've just updated the first post with new builds.

We're now on Android 4.0.4 and I've brought the kernel and libs up to what pershoot is currently using for the 10.1 build.

Regarding official nightlies... no idea... I have no control over the build bot. At the moment the latest changes aren't in the official repo anyway because pershoot is still working on stuff with the kernel and I'd like to wait until he is done before I upload patches for the p5/p5wifi.

Regarding NTFS RW, it is supported in the kernel but the NTFS support in vold is read-only. You should be able to mount NTFS RW manually bit automounting will always be read-only until someone makes an NTFS RW patch for vold and gets it merged into the CM repo.

Mindoy

Feb 6, 2008
Paris
Hello all,

I try this new rom but my wifi doesn't connect. I set up again but it tell something like "too far". My SSID is hidden.
I saw and can connect to the others spots.

Thanks for any help

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P7310 utilisant Tapatalk

memtew

Oct 12, 2010
Chelny
Been busy with other things so I haven't been here for a while but I've just updated the first post with new builds.

We're now on Android 4.0.4 and I've brought the kernel and libs up to what pershoot is currently using for the 10.1 build.

Regarding official nightlies... no idea... I have no control over the build bot. At the moment the latest changes aren't in the official repo anyway because pershoot is still working on stuff with the kernel and I'd like to wait until he is done before I upload patches for the p5/p5wifi.

Regarding NTFS RW, it is supported in the kernel but the NTFS support in vold is read-only. You should be able to mount NTFS RW manually bit automounting will always be read-only until someone makes an NTFS RW patch for vold and gets it merged into the CM repo.

Thank you for your work! But another trouble was found:

I have a bluetooth keyboard Rapoo E6300. It can be easily connected to the tablet, but loses connect after 20-30 seconds of inactivity. On the phone Google Nexus S with CyanogenMod9 Nightly no such problem, I can print without problems after a couple of minutes of inactivity.
On tab the logcat shows the following messages:
Code:
03-25 16:29:55.310 W/EventHub(176): Received unexpected epoll event 0x00000018 for device Bluetooth Keyboard.
03-25 16:29:55.310 I/EventHub(176): Removing device '/dev/input/event7' due to inotify event
03-25 16:29:55.310 I/EventHub(176): Removed device: path=/dev/input/event7 name=Bluetooth Keyboard id=11 fd=263 classes=0x80000003
03-25 16:29:55.430 I/InputReader(176): Device removed: id=11, name='Bluetooth Keyboard', sources=0x00000101

Attachments

• 2012-03-25-16-30-44.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 5

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
Thanks for the update.
Is a full wipe recommended seen as the base version is being changed to 4.0.4??

Brendo

Looks to be working fine for me. Had to reflash gapps though as market/store wouldn't open. That also fixed an issue where the wifi connection icon stayed white instead of going blue. haven't noticed any real changes. Maybe the power off menu? HD videos still suck (overclocked @ 1.5)

-----
Sent from my GT-P7310 CM9 using XDA Premium HD app

xichax

Jan 9, 2008
Did you guys solve your installation problem? because i'm having the same problem when installing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts