[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.73

Search This thread

OryZ

Mar 6, 2011
Western Australia
Hi!

Even though I followed instructions to the letter (had quite a hard time stopping windows from reinstalling MS MTP drivers constantly), Device Manager shows "Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface"... (screeshot - http://goo.gl/efY1zc) is this correct? I can see the device in "adb devices", not sure what else to check....

EDIT: this is in TWRP recovery... after booting it shows "Google Nexus ADB Interface" which I am guessing is correct

Last edited:

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Samsung Galaxy Watch
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hi!

Even though I followed instructions to the letter (had quite a hard time stopping windows from reinstalling MS MTP drivers constantly), Device Manager shows "Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface"... (screeshot - http://goo.gl/efY1zc) is this correct? I can see the device in "adb devices", not sure what else to check....

EDIT: this is in TWRP recovery... after booting it shows "Google Nexus ADB Interface" which I am guessing is correct

Your good...that is correct.

Reactions: OryZ

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007

Fantastic guide, looks great!

I did it but it is shown as a Nexus 4 ADB Interface. I suppose it's ok.

Its only cosmetic and you are 100% fine

For me too. Is that OK?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Its only cosmetic and you are 100% fine

Reactions: X-Jonte-X

kumarshah

Feb 26, 2011
I have my device listed as Nexus 5 and when I browse to install driver, it says Windows has determined that the best driver is already installed.

Any ideas?

rldstover48

Aug 22, 2011
New Castle
Windows Vista AMD 64 bit

Hi , been having a bit of a time with this one have install the SDK, platform-tools when I'm in the directory and execute the Adb version i get 1.0.31 the i do the fastboot devices and it sort of jumps down a line and gives me the command prompt back and doesn't display the serial number just a blank line, anybody seen this before just wondering if its the windows version.

Any help appreciated Thanks ahead.

jlomein

Jun 15, 2012
Also looking for resolution, Seeing the same message on windows 7 64bit. Also Windows keeps auto installing drivers...

I am having the same issue. When I connect my Nexus 5 to my Windows 7 64bit PC, it connects as a "Transformer Prime TF201" portable device (I have previously used this PC to ADB with my Prime TF201 tablet). I have disabled Windows automatic updates and turned off internet. I've uninstalled the drivers for the TF201 and ADB interface and restart the PC. However, it automatically re-installs the drivers and reads my Nexus as a TF201 again.

Is there a way around this?

OryZ

Mar 6, 2011
Western Australia
Guys I addressed this problem in the above comment -

For me the hardest part was figuring how to stop the MTP driver being installed automatically by Windows as soon as I un-installed it... This helped - http://superuser.com/questions/549311/how-can-i-stop-windows-8-from-installing-nvidia-software

It pays to read the thread before posting a question ;)

Let me know if you are still having issues after disabling auto updating device software, uninstalling (may take a few times doing it repeatedlt) and rebooting (may also need a reboot between disabling auto update and un-installing driver)

FreyrNjord

Sep 2, 2011
FWIW, I unzipped the files and pointed Device Manager to the directory, but Windows7 isn't happy:
Windows could not find driver software for your device

I'm running a stock 4.2.1, attempting to install CyanogenMod through the new Windows installer.

FreyrNjord

Sep 2, 2011
Tried again this morning getting my GSM Galaxy Nexus recognized by Windows 7 and get back to business.

After installing/removing the official Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe which didn't work, Windows 7 detected a new device so fed it the Universal Naked Driver 0.73, but it fails with this:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Samsung Android Interface

The Data is invalid.

Any idea what I can do?

Thank you.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Tried again this morning getting my GSM Galaxy Nexus recognized by Windows 7 and get back to business.

After installing/removing the official Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe which didn't work, Windows 7 detected a new device so fed it the Universal Naked Driver 0.73, but it fails with this:

Any idea what I can do?

Thank you.

Are you using a USB 3.0 port?

If any one is having trouble with USB 3.0 ports you need to change the USB 3.0 stack from Microsoft to Intel Stack. If you do not ADB will be wonky and fastboot will not work.

If this is a USB 2.0 port try it on another machine just to help sandbox the issue.

Along these lines, does anyone know of a 'simplified' ADB package for Linux? I'll use this for Windows, definitely, but I can't get the full SDK package installed and working on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and something like this would be a godsend.

EDIT: NM, may have just found it here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/131207/android-sdk-cant-be-installed-on-ubuntu-12-04-64

It's middle of the page, a couple or three posts down. I haven't tried it yet, but at least maybe it'll do the trick.....

EDIT #2: Tried it last night, works for me. And now back to your regularly scheduled forum.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.73
    ** Nexus 5 Support
    ** Nvidia Shield ADB added (ADB & Fastboot Only)
    ** Will update with Nvidia Shield APX asap

Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** HTC One Added (HTC phones are pretty much future proof with my driver)
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 5B9EA9C73066E8F655D14BBA8318C176

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!
    You had a thread allready: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650
    why didnt you update that one instead of making a new thread?

There always has been more then 2-3 threads for the drivers so this is not new from me.

It also allows for promotion as people are still discovering the drivers. With all the versions I have released and all the autoroot kits on XDA that use these drivers the downloads are over 2 millions downloads and counting.

Once tested well I will update my other threads. =)

Probably to keep .73 and .72 separate?

Correct it allows to me to roll it out to a smaller userbase with a little control, then I update all threads with new version.

Additionally a good amount of Android autoroot kits rely on my updates and I like to be careful. I do not want to fix whats not broken. ;)

Yes they works fine with 8.1 I will update the post as well. Thanks for pointing that out.
    I've downloaded the driver file for the Nexus 5 and extracted the files.
    But, how do I "install" these drivers in my Windows 7 64 bit?
    Thanks.
    After uninstallation of existing drivers, you must disable auto install drivers option (go to devices & printers, right click on computer, device installation settings, never).
    Than plug nexus, wait that comp notice that it is pluged, and choose the folder where you have extracted universal driver... :thumbup: and remember..... Google is your best friend!!! ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    ADB, Fastboot and USB drivers Installer Tool for Windows

I made a tool to install the latest ADB, Fastboot and USB drivers for windows, its very easy to use, just double click the file to start the installation process
    you can see it here:
    https://xdaforums.com/android/general/tool-adb-fastboot-installer-tool-windows-t3999445

Screenshot:
    attachment.php

Hope you will like it
    One more question, are this drivers needed? Whats the difference with the google drivers provided in the android SDK? Thanks