Beam Greyed Out, Won't Work (NFC,S-Beam)

Search This thread

matt_62

Mar 24, 2014
Hello XDA. I have problem with my International LG G2 (D802) with my NFC. I go to settings and turn on NFC and after a 15 seconds turning on the nfc greyed out again. Like self turn off. I don't get it. when i restore to stock firmware the same problem.
Any solution for that?

I am using CloudyG3 1.3 ROM

Thanks! :)

sai777

Nov 8, 2011
Could it be a problem with the kernel? If not you may have a botched device.

matt_62

Mar 24, 2014
How can i know about the kernel and how to change it or something to see if it works becouse of that? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

sai777

Nov 8, 2011
You can check your kernel through ADB. This is the input you put, without quotes.
"adb shell cat /proc/version"
And to change kernel, you simply do what you do when flashing a rom and flash the new kernel.

matt_62

Mar 24, 2014
You can check your kernel through ADB. This is the input you put, without quotes.
"adb shell cat /proc/version"
And to change kernel, you simply do what you do when flashing a rom and flash the new kernel.

Can u link me to some newer version of kernel that i can download and flash it?

sai777

Nov 8, 2011
Can u link me to some newer version of kernel that i can download and flash it?

Always make a nandroid backup through recovery.
I would suggest you use either Dorimanx (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2725023) or RenderKernel (http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/kernel-render-kernel-aosp-lg-roms-t2803929).
Dorimanx is for Stock Rom while use RenderKernel if you want to go to AOSP based roms.

matt_62

Mar 24, 2014

sai777

Nov 8, 2011
I flashed dorimanx new kernel and still not working. Any other ideas? :)

Then I'm guessing the problem is a hardware one. Have you ever dropped or bumped your phone? Even if you haven't have how long has this problem been occurring? Ever since you bought the phone or recently. This is because even though it could be a software problem, if you flashed the roms and kernels correctly, there shouldn't be any nfc issues in all of them. So in any case, I suggest you try to get the phone replaced or fixed.

matt_62

Mar 24, 2014
Then I'm guessing the problem is a hardware one. Have you ever dropped or bumped your phone? Even if you haven't have how long has this problem been occurring? Ever since you bought the phone or recently. This is because even though it could be a software problem, if you flashed the roms and kernels correctly, there shouldn't be any nfc issues in all of them. So in any case, I suggest you try to get the phone replaced or fixed.

Ok thanks!