[Guide] How to Collect a bug report from MX Player and Report a Bug

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
There is lot of uses still don't know how to collect the logcat & report the problem. From MX Player v1.9.30 & MX Log Collector v1.11 there is a new option to save the logfiles directly to your sdcard to make it easier. This guide is written exclusively cosidering newbies in mind. Hence screenshot is attached for each and every step.

Collecting a logcat:

I. By using MX Player:

1. Wnen you have the problem/issue (if video is running close the video) Immediately Open Menu either by pressing hardware key or by tapping on the three vertical dots from top right corner.

Menu.jpg

2. Goto Help & select "Bug Report".

Help.jpg

View attachment 2892095

3. In the popup window enable "Save to disk" & Press OK. MX Player will save the logs in your primary storage device & will show a toast message with the exact location. (File name will be in the "report_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.zip" pattern)

View attachment 2892096

Toast.jpg

4. You can directly upload the zipfile when reporting the bug.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Collecting a logcat

II. By using MX Log Collector:

1. On some occasions you can't even enter into the MX Player. On such case you may required to use MX log collector application to collect the log. It can be even used in normal conditions. It's a very small application which can be downloaded either from playstore or from website.

2. Just launch the MX Log Collector Application immediately after crash/problem. It will open a popup window like this.

View attachment 2892100

3. Enable Save to disk & press OK. Similar to the MX Player method, MX Log Collector will save the logs in your primary storage device & will show a toast message with the exact location. (File name will be in the same "report_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.zip" pattern).

View attachment 2892101

Toast.jpg

4. As I said earlier You can directly upload the zipfile when reporting the bug.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Reporting a bug

There are some basic informations which are required to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
  1. Device Manufacturer & Model :
  2. Android Version :
  3. Rom Info: Stock/Custom Rom details
  4. Detailed Problem Description :

5. Steps to reproduce the problem :

6. Bug Report and Sample videos have to be attached if it's required.

If you can't upload or post link due to forum restriction, you can share your files in any public sharing sites like Dropbox, Google Drive. You can share the links in the posts using mask

Eg:
h**ps://www.dropbox.com/s/tkkhws0pynbioxsb/sample.txt
_https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkkhws0pynbioxsb/sample.txt

Even though some of the basic informations are collected with logs, It will be helpful to resolve some basic issues without looking at the log files if you can post the basic informations in the report itself.

Last edited:

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I am unable to send bug report in any of these method. Please help me to create bug.

Generally, this may happen when the device manufacturer disables the standard and logging feature. Request you to open Developer Options on the device and set the log level to verbose and check again. Some devices may even require you to enable USB debugging.

Hope this information helps.

vishalpatel59

Jan 22, 2015
Generally, this may happen when the device manufacturer disables the standard and logging feature. Request you to open Developer Options on the device and set the log level to verbose and check again. Some devices may even require you to enable USB debugging.

Hope this information helps.

OK thanks, I will try and let you know

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Video playing at wrong windows in split view.

Device: Galaxy S8 + with Android 9

The latest version break the behavior of video playing in split windows.

It used to stay in its own window before:
attachment.php

On this version:
attachment.php

But the latest version always goes to the other window and covered the other app
attachment.php

Version that I have problem with:
attachment.php

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Another bug I posted before but didn't get follow up

Ugly thumbnail place holder being there even I did not select thumbnail in the list view

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

powerxing

Jun 24, 2020
About Local Network Bugs

Thank you for MX player :), I found 4 bugs in SMB(Local Network) function:

1. In versions after 1.24.4 (excluding 1.24.4), When I add my SMB server in "Local Network", If the username or password contains special characters (such as $), you can browse smb files but can't play it, and the prompt:"can't play this link".

2. In all versions with smb (including 1.24.4), When playing music in the SMB, if the mx player is switched to the background, when the current music is played and auto switched to the next music, it will can't play, and the prompt:"can't play this link".

3. In version 1.24.5 pro, I added an smb server in "Local Network", When I leave the "Local Network" or close the mx player pro, and then enter the "Local Network", the added SMB server will disappear.

4. On the Android TV platform, the left sidebar is automatically hidden, so I can't access the "Local Network".

Snigdha kapoor

Aug 3, 2020
I am a MX player user and I am playing your games from a long time. But now you are showing on my screen that my device is involved in some fraudent activity but it is not like that at all because of which I am not able to play your games and even withdraw my money. Please I request you to help me in that matter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is lot of uses still don't know how to collect the logcat & report the problem. From MX Player v1.9.30 & MX Log Collector v1.11 there is a new option to save the logfiles directly to your sdcard to make it easier. This guide is written exclusively cosidering newbies in mind. Hence screenshot is attached for each and every step.

Collecting a logcat:

I. By using MX Player:

1. Wnen you have the problem/issue (if video is running close the video) Immediately Open Menu either by pressing hardware key or by tapping on the three vertical dots from top right corner.

Menu.jpg

2. Goto Help & select "Bug Report".

Help.jpg

View attachment 2892095

3. In the popup window enable "Save to disk" & Press OK. MX Player will save the logs in your primary storage device & will show a toast message with the exact location. (File name will be in the "report_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.zip" pattern)

View attachment 2892096

Toast.jpg

4. You can directly upload the zipfile when reporting the bug.
    Reporting a bug

There are some basic informations which are required to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
    1. Device Manufacturer & Model :
    2. Android Version :
    3. Rom Info: Stock/Custom Rom details
    4. Detailed Problem Description :

5. Steps to reproduce the problem :

6. Bug Report and Sample videos have to be attached if it's required.

If you can't upload or post link due to forum restriction, you can share your files in any public sharing sites like Dropbox, Google Drive. You can share the links in the posts using mask

Eg:
    h**ps://www.dropbox.com/s/tkkhws0pynbioxsb/sample.txt
    _https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkkhws0pynbioxsb/sample.txt

Even though some of the basic informations are collected with logs, It will be helpful to resolve some basic issues without looking at the log files if you can post the basic informations in the report itself.
    Collecting a logcat

II. By using MX Log Collector:

1. On some occasions you can't even enter into the MX Player. On such case you may required to use MX log collector application to collect the log. It can be even used in normal conditions. It's a very small application which can be downloaded either from playstore or from website.

2. Just launch the MX Log Collector Application immediately after crash/problem. It will open a popup window like this.

View attachment 2892100

3. Enable Save to disk & press OK. Similar to the MX Player method, MX Log Collector will save the logs in your primary storage device & will show a toast message with the exact location. (File name will be in the same "report_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.zip" pattern).

View attachment 2892101

Toast.jpg

4. As I said earlier You can directly upload the zipfile when reporting the bug.