[Q] HTC Stock Splash screen after GPE Coversion

Search This thread

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Hi guys, i converted my HTC to GPE edition and since then i found a fault in the hardware and want to get it exchanged. Can anyone point me to the right direction to get the correct splash screen that says HTC instead of Google?

puremind

Feb 24, 2008
Frankfurt
Hi guys, i converted my HTC to GPE edition and since then i found a fault in the hardware and want to get it exchanged. Can anyone point me to the right direction to get the correct splash screen that says HTC instead of Google?

I am also interested in this.

I followed the instructions below:
  1. Need SuperCID (11111111)
  2. Flash 1.54.401.5 firmware from THIS thread
  3. Flashed TWRP 2.7.0.2
  4. Boot into TWRP
  5. Go into Wipe menu
  6. Select format data (you will have to type yes to confirm)
  7. Reboot TWRP by going to the Reboot menu and selecting Recovery
  8. Go back to main wipe menu
  9. Select Advanced wipe and tick, Davik, System, Data, Cache
  10. Flash a sense rom
  11. Profit

After step 2 I still had the google spash screen. I am now doing step 10 and I am scared it won't put the spalsh screen back to what it was before.

I have also downloaded a backup from the same 1.54.401.5 stock firmware as a backup plan that I could restore via TRWP but I am not sure if it will work either. I will report. Hopefully we don't need the RUU, because I have not found any stock RUU so far.

Edit: After Step 10, I have the HTC Splash but just before that I still have the Google picture appearing

Edit: Thanks to contribution below, was able to replace it. Use the attached (but add your model ID to the text file).

To flash the RUU:
  1. Download the file and put it into your adb folder on your computer
  2. Add your model ID to the text file in the archive - I already added mine (0P6B10000) so if you have the same you don't need to add your ownn
  3. Go into bootloader mode (e.g. adb reboot bootloader with USB debugging active or power+vol down while off)
  4. fastboot oem rebootRUU
  5. fastboot flash zip m8Splash.zip

Attachments

• m8Splash.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Reactions: TarekElsakka

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
It's because the sense firmware you flash doesn't include the splash screen so the Google one never gets overwritten. The splash screen is different than the boot animation. I had posted a ruu zip of the m8 HTC splash screen in the M7 themes and apps sections. You can grab it from there but obviously the Android info text file needs to be edited.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: puremind

puremind

Feb 24, 2008
Frankfurt
It's because the sense firmware you flash doesn't include the splash screen so the Google one never gets overwritten. The splash screen is different than the boot animation. I had posted a ruu zip of the m8 HTC splash screen in the M7 themes and apps sections. You can grab it from there but obviously the Android info text file needs to be edited.

Perhaps you could add this to your GE conversion thread on the second post as this is the first place that users are going to look at once they want to revert to SENSE.

This will avoid questions cluttering your thread and will also save a lot of users time to piece this all together.

Example:
  1. For complete reversal back to stock, additionally:
  2. Flash attached RUU to restore "Powered by Android" (replace "Google")
  3. Since there are no Firmware RUUs available yet, you will need to use a TWRP or or PhilzTouch recovery to restore a backup, which can be found HERE (be careful that TWRP backup is invisible without root - 0\data\TWRP\BACKUPS\backup name is where you want to copy paste your backup. Root explorer will let you do this).
  4. If your backup had root, flash stock Kernel
  5. Flash stock recovery from HERE (same thread as Stock Backups Thread)
  6. Relock using instructions HERE (requires s-off)

Anyways this is my recollection, which took me a while to piece together, hopefully I explained this correctly and this can save others a couple of hours.

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo

3. Flashed TWRP 2.7.0.2
  4. Boot into TWRP
  5. Go into Wipe menu
  10. Flash a sense rom
  11. Profit

After step 2 I still had the google spash screen. I am now doing step 10 and I am scared it won't put the spalsh screen back to what it was before.

I have also downloaded a backup from the same 1.54.401.5 stock firmware as a backup plan that I could restore via TRWP but I am not sure if it will work either. I will report. Hopefully we don't need the RUU, because I have not found any stock RUU so far.

Edit: After Step 10, I have the HTC Splash but just before that I still have the Google picture appearing

Edit: Thanks to contribution below, was able to replace it. Use the attached (but add your model ID to the text file).

To flash the RUU:
  2. Add your model ID to the text file in the archive - I already added mine (0P6B10000) so if you have the same you don't need to add your ownn
  3. Go into bootloader mode (e.g. adb reboot bootloader with USB debugging active or power+vol down while off)

I wanted to go back to stock Sense after a GPE conversion and the only thing missing was the splash screen, but thanks to your post and attachment I got it back easily. Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Flashed TWRP 2.7.0.2
    4. Boot into TWRP
    5. Go into Wipe menu
    10. Flash a sense rom
    11. Profit

To flash the RUU: