Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

bilawal.sarfraz.1

Aug 10, 2017
Hello,its Bilawal.
Actually i m facing some problem with Htc nexus 1. Actually i used it after a month ago but something's wrong with this phone. The battery is okay even i pulse it with a shop and i m confirm it is about 75 or 60 percent. Phone is totally dead,means not able to simply boot but luckily i m able to reach the hboot mode, and when ever i treid to boot into recovery then it stucks at logo(Shows X on display) also tried to factory reset via hboot but didnt work at all. Now i think it is a software issue. I already google htc nexus 1 stock rom but didnt get a single one,everyone talks about custom rom but i just want to use this phone for calling purposes. Please help. Also i dont know how to flash Htc nexus 1 device and i know it is not too much simple because others phone comes with download mode while Htc ild devices comes with hboot menu. Please help,i hope i will be successful to make that device working again. Waiting for reply...

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hello,its Bilawal.
Actually i m facing some problem with Htc nexus 1. Actually i used it after a month ago but something's wrong with this phone. The battery is okay even i pulse it with a shop and i m confirm it is about 75 or 60 percent. Phone is totally dead,means not able to simply boot but luckily i m able to reach the hboot mode, and when ever i treid to boot into recovery then it stucks at logo(Shows X on display) also tried to factory reset via hboot but didnt work at all. Now i think it is a software issue. I already google htc nexus 1 stock rom but didnt get a single one,everyone talks about custom rom but i just want to use this phone for calling purposes. Please help. Also i dont know how to flash Htc nexus 1 device and i know it is not too much simple because others phone comes with download mode while Htc ild devices comes with hboot menu. Please help,i hope i will be successful to make that device working again. Waiting for reply...

Typically, this device was flashed either through recovery or by Fastboot. Finding a stock ROM will be next to impossible. Links are dead after this many years. The original stock ROMs are not even available on the Google developer site (starts with Nexus S).

A custom Rom is your best bet. Of course finding anything with file download links still alive can be a problem. Try Nexus One Android Development forum or Android File Host

Reactions: bilawal.sarfraz.1

bilawal.sarfraz.1

Aug 10, 2017
Typically, this device was flashed either through recovery or by Fastboot. Finding a stock ROM will be next to impossible. Links are dead after this many years. The original stock ROMs are not even available on the Google developer site (starts with Nexus S).

A custom Rom is your best bet. Of course finding anything with file download links still alive can be a problem. Try Nexus One Android Development forum or Android File Host
Thanks ktmom brother.
I have one more question. I already flashed custom roms on many different devices
And its easy,just install twrp,wipe etc and then flash stock rom with gapps but is the method is same for the nexus 1.
I mean first of all,i need to flashed official twrp for android with fastboot mode and tyen boot into twrp. Then wipe cache,dalvik etc and the flash rom with gapps. Is am i right. I really need help. Because it is an old device and btw i didnt use too many htc phones in my life,just use it for calling purposes but not used for rooting or any other kind of modifications. Is my method is right and will it work for me. Waiting for your reply...

Juleast

Read OP HERE ! There is clearly written how to flash modem and bootloader correctly... If after carefully reading how to do it, you continue to have problems, try to download the files again

What do you mean flash them correctly? I just have to go to Odin and flash it while device is in download mode don't I?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Read OP HERE ! There is clearly written how to flash modem and bootloader correctly... If after carefully reading how to do it, you continue to have problems, try to download the files again
Also, I have been wondering. You might have seen on the pictures that I posted with my report that in download mode it said SECURE CHECK FAIL. What does that mean? And why is it there when I fail to flash the CP or BL.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Thanks ktmom brother.
I have one more question. I already flashed custom roms on many different devices
And its easy,just install twrp,wipe etc and then flash stock rom with gapps but is the method is same for the nexus 1.
I mean first of all,i need to flashed official twrp for android with fastboot mode and tyen boot into twrp. Then wipe cache,dalvik etc and the flash rom with gapps. Is am i right. I really need help. Because it is an old device and btw i didnt use too many htc phones in my life,just use it for calling purposes but not used for rooting or any other kind of modifications. Is my method is right and will it work for me. Waiting for your reply...
Not everyone on this site is male [emoji6]

Forget that the phone was made by HTC and focus on the fact that it's a Google phone. Yes, booting to TWRP (I doubt you'll find an installable version) and installing a custom ROM would be typical. There are flashing instructions in most custom ROM threads which is where I linked you to earlier.

Reactions: bilawal.sarfraz.1
What do you mean flash them correctly? I just have to go to Odin and flash it while device is in download mode don't I?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Also, I have been wondering. You might have seen on the pictures that I posted with my report that in download mode it said SECURE CHECK FAIL. What does that mean? And why is it there when I fail to flash the CP or BL.

See my picture ! It is very simple. Why you don't read ?

Attachments

• ABL.PNG
    ABL.PNG
    180.7 KB · Views: 29

bilawal.sarfraz.1

Aug 10, 2017
Not everyone on this site is male [emoji6]

Forget that the phone was made by HTC and focus on the fact that it's a Google phone. Yes, booting to TWRP (I doubt you'll find an installable version) and installing a custom ROM would be typical. There are flashing instructions in most custom ROM threads which is where I linked you to earlier.
Thanks Sister,now i m going to download suitable files and then flashed the Nexus 1. Thanks for your help. :):)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi, I got the suggestion from someone on the Evolution X Rom thread for note 3. Updating modem could apparently help? I did some research and found other threads that provided the latest baseband and bootloader. I then grabbed the files and went to Odin and flashed bootloader first in the BL slot and got fail because nand write start failed. I tried flashing the baseband in the CP slot and the result was another fail because of nand write start failed. I am really confused to why this is happening. I tried switching Odin versions but nothing changed. Also for my phone in download mode, it says SECURE CHECK FAIL: aboot, SECURE CHECK FAIL: modem. I have even tried disabling antivirus protection because felt like maybe it could solve the problem but no luck.

Extra information:

- Device model: SM-N9005

- Codename: hlte

- Current Android vers: 9.0 (Pie)

- ROM: Evolution X 2.1 ROM

Files attempting to flash:

- Bootloader

- Baseband/modem

Here is the whole part of the download mode screen on my device and what it says:

View attachment 4865491 View attachment 4865493

Here are the Odin screenshots:

BL: View attachment 4865497

CP: View attachment 4865499

I hope someone can help me :confused::(
Are you certain that the bootloader and modem that you are flashing is for your specific model number?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

faaramin

Aug 18, 2019
www.rahkarenovin.net
hi all,
طراحی سایت سئو سایت هاست لینوکس ثبت دامنه بلیط هواپیما
طراحی سایت میرداماد طراحی سایت اقدسیه طراحی سایت فرمانیه طراحی سایت خبری تبلیغات اینترنتی طراحی سایت شرکتی تبلیغات گوگل سئو سایت ثبت دامنه میزبانی سایت طراحی سایت زعفرانیه طراحی سایت دیباجی طراحی سایت ازگل طراحی سایت طراحی سایت فروشگاهی طراحی سایت نیاوران طراحی سایت ولنجک طراحی سایت سعادت آباد طراحی سایت قیطریه طراحی سایت بیمارستان طراحی سایت جردن طراحی سایت ونک طراحی سایت گیشا میزبانی وب طراحی سایت مدرسه سئوکار هاست کارشناس تولید محتوا طراحی سایت صنعتی ثبت دامنه ارزان طراحی سایت نارمک طراحی سایت تهرانپارس طراحی سایت پزشکی طراحی سایت ارزان طراحی سایت دزاشیب طراحی سایت هتل طراحی سایت رستوران طراحی سایت دانشگاه طراحی سایت کلینیک طراحی سایت سازمانی طراحی سایت لواسان طراحی سایت کریمخان طراحی سایت تجریش طراحی سایت شهرک غرب طراحی سایت بهار سئوی سایت طراحی سایت پاسداران طراحی سایت شریعتی طراحی سایت آموزشگاه طراحی سایت آژانس مسافرتی طراحی لوگو طراحی سایت جمالزاده طراحی سایت آجودانیه طراحی سایت لاله زار بلیط هواپیما هاست لینوکس طراحی پورتال سازمانی طراحی سایت الهیه
I have not found a section about the Meizu U10, so I have it here, do not hesitate if my post disturbs I will move it.
I have to perform a dump of a Meizu U10, the OS is Flyme 6.0.
I connected the phone to multiple PCs and I still get a device error and when I look in error manager 43.
So I thought the USB port defective, I replaced it (this one is a circuit independent of the motherboard)
I always have the same mistake, and I do not know what to do.

I am open to any proposal before doing a chip off of the device.
Would it be possible to root and dump the phone via the phone's SD port or maybe someone already had this problem?
FYI when I connect the phone to the PC, I have the USB debug and the e file transfer that appears on the phone screen.
Thanks

Last edited:

ahmadpower

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,
I need urgent help,
Now whenever I install a new app which needs superuser and root, the Magisk manager automatically denies the super user rights...

I Certainly made the option to Prompt, but no prompts appears at all, and even when I made it to automatically grant superuser rights, it also automatically denies the superuser rights....

Sometimes some apps grant the super user rights after some time, but other apps Never grant superuser access whatever I do...

Any fast help please

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello,
I need urgent help,
Now whenever I install a new app which needs superuser and root, the Magisk manager automatically denies the super user rights...

I Certainly made the option to Prompt, but no prompts appears at all, and even when I made it to automatically grant superuser rights, it also automatically denies the superuser rights....

Sometimes some apps grant the super user rights after some time, but other apps Never grant superuser access whatever I do...

Any fast help please
for a quick fix, within the magisk manager, if everything else is working correctly, you can manually set if the app is allowed root. Its in the menu, under superuser. Generally, you would be best to ask your question on the magisk specific thread, and will most likely need to supply a logcat.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/mod-magisk-v1-universal-systemless-t3432382

Reactions: ahmadpower

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hello,
I need urgent help,

Any fast help please
Cross posting both here and in the Magisk support thread is frowned on. It's explained in the forum rules that you agreed to on signing up.

ahmadpower

Jun 1, 2017
for a quick fix, within the magisk manager, if everything else is working correctly, you can manually set if the app is allowed root. Its in the menu, under superuser. Generally, you would be best to ask your question on the magisk specific thread, and will most likely need to supply a logcat.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/mod-magisk-v1-universal-systemless-t3432382
Thank you, but unfortunately there is no option to manually add an app to the list ( so as to be able to enable or disable superuser rights), as you can see in the attached screenshot HERE .

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Cross posting both here and in the Magisk support thread is frowned on. It's explained in the forum rules that you agreed to on signing up.

First : No , I didn't see any such rule when signing up , neither explained nor not explained .
I ask you to see me this rule ( if you can ) .
Second : I registered through linking account , not a normal sign up .
Third : Are you an admin or a moderator or OP , or something ?!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Thank you, but unfortunately there is no option to manually add an app to the list ( so as to be able to enable or disable superuser rights), as you can see in the attached screenshot
I did not say "add" I specifically said "set", and it was also the reason I explicitly stated "if everything else is working correctly".

That is irrelevant, you don't need a policeman to tell you that you are breaking the law, for your actions to be illegal.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
@ktmom is this very helpful chick who goes above and beyond on helping 'fellow' xda-ers resolve many many issues with all aspects of android. spends countless hours researching issues with devices , roms , apps , etc. and kindly will provide links when available to prevent users from spending the time she spends on searching.
because she points out a specific xda rule , wether we've read or not ; to assist us in not making the same mistake twice is no reason to 'cop' an attitude (as it reads to me that you have done).
ktmom and the rest of the @ xda-ers that help out in these help threads are doing so in there "free" time. for
FREE
. please show the minimum of respect to them. thank you ,
mrrocketdog.

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just like ChainFire stopped developing SuperSu. People don't work for "free" forever. They have lives, families and jobs. It's a good reason for users to regularly donate to developers to keep them motivated.

Additionally, with each major Android release, there have been significant changes to Google APIs and restrictions placed on apps. Some can be overcome by petitioning Google, others just affect functionality.

Nothing in life lives forever.

This is actually inaccurate information.
A Chinese company (CCMT) bought SuperSU from Chainfire. They kept him on as an adviser/developer for a year (or maybe two?). Once he was done with his contract, SuperSU died. CCMT stopped development on it.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Thank you, but unfortunately there is no option to manually add an app to the list ( so as to be able to enable or disable superuser rights), as you can see in the attached screenshot HERE .

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

First : No , I didn't see any such rule when signing up , neither explained nor not explained .
I ask you to see me this rule ( if you can ) .
Second : I registered through linking account , not a normal sign up .

When you signed up, you got a link to the rules with a suggestion to read them.
If you didn't read them then, you should read them now.

Juleast

Yes

Are you certain that the bootloader and modem that you are flashing is for your specific model number?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

It should be since the first 5 characters of the file name is N9005 which is my device model number.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

See my picture ! It is very simple. Why you don't read ?
I pulled out the battery, reinserted the battery, opened Odin and still got the same results; fail.

ahmadpower

Jun 1, 2017
First : I have no problem at all with thanking ktmom for helping me....
(Thank you Ktmom).
And I appreciate being helpful for ppl for free.
But I was talking about specific point, which she talked to me about, (I REALLY didn't find any rules which I have to accept before signing up as she told me).
So : I was replying to her Specific point.

Second : If I was in her place, I would just ignore my message if it annoys me, because I didn't SPAM the forum, I JUST asked in only 2 ((RELATED)) threads... One thread for general questions, and other thread for the Specific related problem... I didn't even create a new thread to ask... This is no way called Spamming and Cannot be annoying for anyone at All...

Third : Even If it was annoying to her ( I don't know how but even if), If I was in her place, I would have sent me a PM to notify my... OR even in worst case : I would just hit the report button to notify moderators in order for them to delete one of the 2 messages, to remove that annoyance.

Fourth : I don't want to enter an argument about the forum rules which I just read when xun put a link to it , point no 5, because I don't see this point talking about this specific case... Again I don't want to enter an argument about it.

Fifth : If an admin or a moderator see that my post is annoying , he can delete the first post... No problem with that.

Sixth : Again thank you for any one helped me, and hopefully this argument don't make anyone angry here.

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
This is actually inaccurate information.
A Chinese company (CCMT) bought SuperSU from Chainfire. They kept him on as an adviser/developer for a year (or maybe two?). Once he was done with his contract, SuperSU died. CCMT stopped development on it.

We're going down a semantic road here [emoji6]. ChainFire wanted to move away from developing SuperSu. He attempted to make this transition in a way that netted him something for his extensive work and the value of the project he developed, as well as keep the project alive for the future. The fact that CCMT dropped development I don't believe was something ChainFire anticipated. He was contractually committed to stay out of the game, for some undisclosed period of time, when his consulting contract was finished.

Maybe a reach, but had every person who downloaded his tools donated a single dollar to him, maybe his project would have been formalized into a team of developers.

Last edited:

ie.u

Nov 6, 2019
List of Cheap Phones For Dev

I searched the forums but could not find what I was looking for. Is there a thread that folks comment on cheap rootable phones? For my purposes it will only be used for dev work, i.e. android app development, my main device is iphone so I don't need it for day to day use.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know Iran is under some sanctions,so i can pay you only in Iran Rial (IR)
    No access to global money transfer systems
    Its 2024. There's bitcoin and the dark-web to name a few. Payments COULD be made if your were truly willing. The fact you also posted on the "Your Google Play Store is blocked? Search/request your app here!" thread and even tagged/quoted the OP, who hasn't posted for years, makes it clear you are not looking to pay, so please dont pretend, the fact I explained how it could be done yourself above, and still you ask for someone else to solve YOUR problem for you., makes it clear you have no intention to pay for it or even do any attempted work to satisfy your needs. And then come back as the victim of your restrictive region. PS it could of been simply done by yourself without creating an APK.

And to be clear, your playstore is NOT blocked, you also wish for someone else to search and find an app for you, to again, satisfy your needs, for free, Don't play the victim, and so badly. Your post is technically OT on that thread. (loved to have seen what it was before it had to be edited by a moderator....)
    Hello I am searching for an independent app (not app shortcuts/widgets) that could toggle playback state, on it's launch -functionable on every stock media player or any third party apps.

It could be as simple as possible that even having not any UI ! (Like a shortcut I've already created via the app Power-Shortcut)

‏i searched app's stores with no luck, Does anyone know such an app or could develop one please?
    If your launcher can support it, it can be achieved with a one line script. Triggered by your launcher, and set a custom icon.

input keyevent 85;

Where 85=KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
    I'm using Redmi system launcher and not planning to use any 3rd party one .So could you please turn it into a simple apk?
    And how much are you paying me? :rolleyes:
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II