Upcoming new phones and their comparison to the Galaxy Nexus Specs.

Search This thread

jaysckap

Sep 21, 2010
I'm on the soff DNA and loving it, miss my gnex a little bit but this phone is a beast
Edit: gnex is my new mp3 player in the car
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

aaron13

Feb 9, 2013
I decided tot buy the Nexus because of the price but since there is no wifi at work I'm missing the FM radio too much. If I knew that beforehand I had buyed another phone.
Besides that I like the rest of the phone's specs very much especially the super amoled screen.

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk

I

itsaadilokay

I was just about to go buy the one x after I cracked my sexy gnex ): but HTC one looks flippin amazing. Especially the moving pictures and Zoe features.

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
I was just about to go buy the one x after I cracked my sexy gnex ): but HTC one looks flippin amazing. Especially the moving pictures and Zoe features.

thats one sexy ass phone, its a difficult choice between that and the Xperia Z for me.

but i might keep the gnex and wait till later(august, september) to get the next gen hardware or the new Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Papasmurf8314

Dec 28, 2011
ROCHESTER
I was thinking of basing my decision for a new phone primarily on my Nexus dying. I think as long as this thing works, I won't have a need to replace it. But we will see how great the S4 and X phone are

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
It all depends on what Verizon gets. So far besides my Nexus and Rezound, I'd say the SGS3 and Note 2 are the only other phones to consider at this time.

The SGS4's hype is getting the best of us. We'll have to see the solid facts and specs before that can truly be a consideration.

Papasmurf8314

Dec 28, 2011
ROCHESTER
It all depends on what Verizon gets. So far besides my Nexus and Rezound, I'd say the SGS3 and Note 2 are the only other phones to consider at this time.

The SGS4's hype is getting the best of us. We'll have to see the solid facts and specs before that can truly be a consideration.

I agree. We haven't seen anything yet. I will be watching the event this Thursday to see if the SGS4 will be what we want it to be

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
it can only be better than the s3

Bigger screen, and a camera that probably won't see it's full potential doesn't always mean better.

They should keep the same form factor of a 4.6-4.8" phone. Just make it more efficient at doing things, and work on making battery life better than the RAZR Maxx HD.

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I do NOT want a phone bigger than the GNex. It's already a pain in the ass to reach the edges of the screen. I like the HTC One for this reason, they packed bleeding edge specs into a 4.7" phone. The 5" trend is freakin stupid. Pretty soon pants makers are going to have to start making larger pockets or something.

pnut22r

Oct 27, 2010
I do NOT want a phone bigger than the GNex. It's already a pain in the ass to reach the edges of the screen. I like the HTC One for this reason, they packed bleeding edge specs into a 4.7" phone. The 5" trend is freakin stupid. Pretty soon pants makers are going to have to start making larger pockets or something.

I completely agree with the sentiment in the last few posts. Screens getting larger is NOT better. In fact, I wish they would keep flagship devices right in the 4.3-4.8 range and then make specialty devices. Similar to the note 2, best for those who want it, but not forced down our throats for those of us who want high end devices.

Reactions: aaronagis and 1454

wastedlife

Sep 6, 2012
I completely agree with the sentiment in the last few posts. Screens getting larger is NOT better. In fact, I wish they would keep flagship devices right in the 4.3-4.8 range and then make specialty devices. Similar to the note 2, best for those who want it, but not forced down our throats for those of us who want high end devices.

I agree as well. Flagship devices should stay in this range and have a PPI of around 300. Anything more just decreases battery life with diminishing returns. For those that want larger or smaller devices or hardware keyboards there will always be specialty devices (i.e. the 8" Note). I sometimes have issues with the Galaxy Nexus vs. the Evo 4G that I used to have in one-handed use. Also, did anyone notice that the Note 2 has a slightly larger screen but a lower resolution? It loses the Pentile arrangement so it might look a little better overall, but its still surprising that the resolution would go down.

Reactions: 1454

NickZee10

May 16, 2011
Chicago
I hope so, otherwise it'll be hurry up and wait for the next super phone to drop in a few months.

I hope too, but that's what I was doing when the S3 came out, and myself and a lot of people were very disappointed with..mostly the appearance of it, especially compared to the S2. My girlfriend has an S3 though and she loves it.

strumcat

Mar 29, 2012
A leaked S4 Antutu benchmark for anyone interested:

uploadfromtaptalk1363122784198.jpg

tylerdurdin

Sep 30, 2010
New York
So the things of choose the smartphone should be rely on what you really need. You can never get the best one because the best one may be the next one.

Tru dat....and if you want a decent camera, youre gonna want the One....just seen this review against a bunch of smartphones.....Samsung better have some nice tech to compete with this guy...... http://m.technobuffalo.com//2013/03/12/htc-one-vs-latest-smartphones-camera-comparison/

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All new released, rumored or announced devices should be discussed here. Please keep it relevant to the Galaxy Nexus with specs comparisons. I will tolerate no flaming or trolling in here and will not hesitate to issue infractions after first warning. Please behave appropriately like the intelligent mature community I know you are.
    Thanks
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    I can not see my self ever getting anything other than the a Nexus ... I'll likely buy a new one every year. Right now I don't see any other phone that makes me want to stray from my decision.
    THANK YOU kennyglass123 :)

I was tired of the crazy amount of non-nexus threads cluttering up the Galaxy Nexus forum :(

So any new "What about the SGS III?" or "Who's changing to the One X?" type threads that pop up outside of this one we should flag so you can lock that particular thread right?

Yes please. Or you can even PM me directly with the link. Whatever is easiest. LOL....sometimes I sit here and don't know where to start when cleaning up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    I am shocked they gave all mods even senior mods the same color, i am not a fan of the new red :(
    Nah, some of us are special ;)

IMO, at the moment, none of the competing handsets are that much better than the Nexus to warrant changing but if you were due an upgrade, the likes of the One X or the Galaxy S3 have got to be worthy of consideration.

And the idea that you choose your handset based on firmware strikes me as rather odd. That's pretty much the antithesis of the purpose of XDA, which is that your handset is never limited to the firmware it ships with.
    You buy a handset based on the hardware then make the firmware fit your needs.
    The only thing I disagree with in these post is Dev support and roms.....The Gnex has about a third of the Roms and Development as the SGSII....especially the I777. It was also like that on The last Nexus.

killing is my business, And business is good.

Only because we don't:

• Use zip roms
    • have GB and ICS roms
    • Have touchwiz roms
    • Have a need for debloat roms

I can live with that.