Google Messenger 5.0

Search This thread

Mokajr

Apr 11, 2011
Hey everyone, here it is, the new SMS app for Lollipop.

Doesn't work well on my G2. I get a force close when I tap the + to write a new sms.

Attachments

• NewMessanger.apk
    6.2 MB · Views: 909

rick85

Mar 30, 2012
You have to go to Contacts, search the contact you want to write a message and there you touch "write message". So it works.
But in the messenger app the + produces defenitly a fc.
I hope i could help you and my english was not to terrible.
Greetings

Send by my Lg G2 with G3 Rom

Kuoi

Aug 3, 2011
And then it works? Normally yes you don't install you move it to system app and change permissions to 644, rw- r-- r--
I pressume we have to rename the apk and replace the default sms app ?
I can't find the name of the default sms app ... gooling it at this moment but not found any info yet.

Edit : find out the default sms app is in Priv-app folder and name is LGMessage.apk ... but i see yours is from Google , so I'm confused.

Last edited:

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
Knoxville
installed apk like any other app. no FC's or issues. Side note, I did have the default SMS app uninstalled.
Im running liquid smooth 11/1

FatherD

May 3, 2010
Harrow
LG V30
Xiaomi 12
Not working without the FC in Cloudy G3, tried it in /app and /priv-app with correct permissions. I don't have the earlier google SMS app installed, but do have LGmessenger and CM Messenger (which is just superb IMO)

0bu

Feb 3, 2013
Brno
Hi mates, anyone found solution for "+" access to contacts? I did rename apk file, removed original lg messenger, move google m. To folder with 644 rights and reboot for clear davlik and cache. But gives me fcs for "+" and "share" . Like material.

Reactions: Rapoooo

travisd4est

Jul 23, 2010
Minneapolis
Hi mates, anyone found solution for "+" access to contacts? I did rename apk file, removed original lg messenger, move google m. To folder with 644 rights and reboot for clear davlik and cache. But gives me fcs for "+" and "share" . Like material.

Was stated by android police that unless you're on a 4.4.4 + ROM , you'll get fc.

60nine

did any of you tried playstore version? (it's been officially released on playstore today)

edit:
everything works fine with playstore version (cloudy g3 v2.1 rom, d802 variant)

only thing that doesn't work is the new message popup as in stock roms, but that was expected since it's a lg feature (new messages still show up in the status bar)

Last edited:

0bu

Feb 3, 2013
Brno
Okay, after the update it works perfectly on 4.4.2. Now question is wher to get dialer with material theme matching this messenger?

60nine

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415889155230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415889155230.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 393

0bu

Feb 3, 2013
Brno
Real nice mate, but got lg g2 + g2 tweaksbox, anyother way round? Really love this dialer looks.

60nine

Real nice mate, but got lg g2 + g2 tweaksbox, anyother way round? Really love this dialer looks.

i don't know if g2 tweaksbox supports custom themes... i didn't use it since i switched to cloudy g3 ported rom (and g3 tweaksbox)

i think i saw google dialer somewhere as a standalone app, but i don't remember exactly where and if it works 100% without issues on g2...

Top Liked Posts