Search This thread

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F43oeyzg.png

Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, corrupt sdcards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
 * included in this mod before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make 
 * these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up 
 * your device, I will laugh at you.
 */[/SIZE]

Background:
Made by Zenith, Sony Apps Enabler is a ported version of Sony devices' framework files for any Android device. This tricks Play Store into recognizing your Android as a Sony device and therefore, allowing you to install and update Sony devices specific apps directly from Play Store.
For more info, please check the original thread here.

By using this module, you're able to use the following Sony apps:
  • Music
  • Album
  • Xperia Keyboard
  • Calendar
  • Weather
  • Sketch
  • Other apps by Sony Mobile Communications

Downloads:

You can download it from Magisk Manager or find versions for Magisk v12 and v13 here.
Note: The original version for Magisk v12 has a higher versionCode than the one on Magisk Manager for Magisk v13, so you'll need to reinstall it to make Magisk Manager keep track of it. I did this mostly for easier updating on the repo and to avoid breaking Magisk v12 installs as the v4 template is incompatible with pre-v13 Magisk.

Installation:
  • Download and flash the Sony Apps Enabler file through TWRP or Magisk Manager.
  • Reboot.
  • Clear Play Store's data.
  • Open Play Store and install your preferred Sony apps.
Bugs:
None so far.

Credits:
Sony for providing the apps.
A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems and XOSP Community for essential files.
@darjwx, @shavendum, @Araib93, @flash- and @TechnoSparks for assisting Zenith.
@Zenith for originally creating this package.
@topjohnwu for creating Magisk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170610-235903.png
    Screenshot_20170610-235903.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 6,366
  • Screenshot_20170610-234051.png
    Screenshot_20170610-234051.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 6,261
Last edited:

hs20073

Oct 13, 2012
There is no effect on Magisk v13.1

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Expect to increase support for Sony SoundEnhancement

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
There is no effect on Magisk v13.1

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Expect to increase support for Sony SoundEnhancement

For Magisk v13.x, I need to update the template to v4. I'm going to do this between today and tomorrow and maybe push it on the Magisk Modules repo.

For features and enhancements, check the original thread, I'm only repacking it for Magisk.

Reactions: ainurrofiq

hs20073

Oct 13, 2012
Because magisk uninstall, resulting in sony app is still inside, how to get rid of?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

V4 there are two, how specific how to use?

rahul1892

Apr 9, 2015
New Delhi
@matpower64 I tried flashing your module, both, for magisk 13.3 and both gave the same error, something like not a valid zip file. I figured out what was the issue and repacked your zip file. Then it flashed just fine but it gave me bootloop. I confirmed it after clean flashing everything from scratch. Without this module, my phone booted just fine but after flashing it, again bootloop.

Rom - PA 7.1.3 unofficial
Device - Falcon
Gapps - Pico
Magisk - 13.3

Reactions: N-Gage4ever

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
@matpower64 I tried flashing your module, both, for magisk 13.3 and both gave the same error, something like not a valid zip file. I figured out what was the issue and repacked your zip file. Then it flashed just fine but it gave me bootloop. I confirmed it after clean flashing everything from scratch. Without this module, my phone booted just fine but after flashing it, again bootloop.

Rom - PA 7.1.3 unofficial
Device - Falcon
Gapps - Pico
Magisk - 13.3
Hmm, could you get the magisk.log in /cache after a bootloop? The .zips were working last time I tested them, just wondering, do you get the same problem if you download it directly from Magisk Manager?

Because magisk uninstall, resulting in sony app is still inside, how to get rid of?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

V4 there are two, how specific how to use?
Sorry for the wait, but you should be able to uninstall the apps as if they were normal applications after removing Magisk. (Unless I misunderstood you, then I am sorry)

rahul1892

Apr 9, 2015
New Delhi
Hmm, could you get the magisk.log in /cache after a bootloop? The .zips were working last time I tested them, just wondering, do you get the same problem if you download it directly from Magisk Manager?

Sorry, i couldn't get back to you as i did clean flash and manually moved the sony apps in system which i use. As you suggested, this time i downloaded the module from magisk manager and it works just fine. Thanks for this awesome module. :good:

Reactions: Zenith

N-Gage4ever

Thank you so much for the Magisk version @matpower64. But help plz! The Xperia Home and Weather app are incompatible on the Play Store. I didn't test others but I could able to install only Calendar and Keyboard apps.. Is there any way to change incompatible status for the other Sony apps? What could be reason of it? I'm using LeEco Le Max 2 with custom Slim Nougat rom..

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
Thank you so much for the Magisk version @matpower64. But help plz! The Xperia Home and Weather app are incompatible on the Play Store. I didn't test others but I could able to install only Calendar and Keyboard apps.. Is there any way to change incompatible status for the other Sony apps? What could be reason of it? I'm using LeEco Le Max 2 with custom Slim Nougat rom..

Probably a limitation, like Zenith said, some apps won't work. Still, at least I am sure that the weather app would work, try getting an older version from APKMirror and see if it installs. I would do some testing myself, but I'm currently without a phone. :(

As for updating it to Magisk v14, I want to do it as soon as possible, I'll probably see if I can borrow a friend's phone later to work on this, my ETA would be this weekend.

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
Sorry for the long delay, I ended up waiting until I got my own phone to do that.
Just pushed support for Magisk 14.1/14.2+ (template 1410) since it is almost hitting stable AFAIK, this should allow it to work on Pixels too. It worked on my Redmi Note 3 running LineageOS 14.1 and Moto G3 running AOSPExtended, I haven't tried on Oreo yet as I need to restore my backup, but at least, it is confirmed working on Nougat like it used to.

Juked44

Dec 5, 2017
Sorry for the long delay, I ended up waiting until I got my own phone to do that.
Just pushed support for Magisk 14.1/14.2+ (template 1410) since it is almost hitting stable AFAIK, this should allow it to work on Pixels too. It worked on my Redmi Note 3 running LineageOS 14.1 and Moto G3 running AOSPExtended, I haven't tried on Oreo yet as I need to restore my backup, but at least, it is confirmed working on Nougat like it used to.

Which version of the file is needed for magisk 14? I downloaded 4.2.0 and it says failed to install on my one plus 5t?

Juked44

Dec 5, 2017
Congrats !
Ok I've managed to install your version.. for some reason I can't install the PS4 remote play app though :(

Juked44

Dec 5, 2017
You need Magisk 14.2+ (current in beta), just download it from Magisk Manager as I didn't have time to upload to AndroidFileHost yet. (Just finished finals so my schedule is finally opening up again)

Do you have an experience with the Sony remote play app? Desperately trying to get it to work but it won't install the app as it says my device is not compatible ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F43oeyzg.png

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, corrupt sdcards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
     * included in this mod before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make 
     * these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up 
     * your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

Background:
    Made by Zenith, Sony Apps Enabler is a ported version of Sony devices' framework files for any Android device. This tricks Play Store into recognizing your Android as a Sony device and therefore, allowing you to install and update Sony devices specific apps directly from Play Store.
    For more info, please check the original thread here.

By using this module, you're able to use the following Sony apps:
    • Music
    • Album
    • Xperia Keyboard
    • Calendar
    • Weather
    • Sketch
    • Other apps by Sony Mobile Communications

Downloads:

You can download it from Magisk Manager or find versions for Magisk v12 and v13 here.
    Note: The original version for Magisk v12 has a higher versionCode than the one on Magisk Manager for Magisk v13, so you'll need to reinstall it to make Magisk Manager keep track of it. I did this mostly for easier updating on the repo and to avoid breaking Magisk v12 installs as the v4 template is incompatible with pre-v13 Magisk.

Installation:
    • Download and flash the Sony Apps Enabler file through TWRP or Magisk Manager.
    • Reboot.
    • Clear Play Store's data.
    • Open Play Store and install your preferred Sony apps.
    Bugs:
    None so far.

Credits:
    Sony for providing the apps.
    A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems and XOSP Community for essential files.
    @darjwx, @shavendum, @Araib93, @flash- and @TechnoSparks for assisting Zenith.
    @Zenith for originally creating this package.
    @topjohnwu for creating Magisk.
    Any chance of getting this updated thru v17.1? THANKS!

I didn't Tested it yet but should works

https://mega.nz/#!jAQnAC7b!0zbl4UPqYASHeZfCJhpdnufzNE8f2HEzigR_ZhLUHYQ

EDIT: Flashed it and No bootloop, crashes and dissapearing Walkman App. Seems to work
    Bravia engine should work in album app?
    For no-xperia

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
    I believe that Bravia Engine is a camera related feature, I messed around with the Sony Album app and didn't find any Bravia Engine related setting in either videos or photos.