[Nov 13,2016][Nougat 7.1][ Evervolv][Unofficial] Kernel 3.0.101

Search This thread

moliva_85

Nov 21, 2010
Shumen
I'm not angry that no Nougat for my Galaxy S7! I am happy that there Nougat of my favorite HD2! Thank you Max and all who have a hand in the process :)

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
HTC Leo
HTC Desire 500
It is just unbelivable what you can do with this phone. 7 years, Android 7.

Maybe just the stock camera doesnt work... How about Open Camera?
For RAM issues maybe using some Swap RAM apps would help. Or Kernel Adiutor if it has support for swap in the kernel.
And for Google Services and Google Play. MicroG for OGYouTube and Amazon App Store.

Edit: i've just found this: http://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/hebf-tweaking-battery-saver-optimizer-t3401341

Last edited:

DumF0rGaming

Translator
Jan 8, 2013
Dubai
For RAM issues maybe using some Swap RAM apps would help. Or Kernel Adiutor if it has support for swap in the kernel.
And for Google Services and Google Play. MicroG for OGYouTube and Amazon App Store.
I tried swap partition and ended up with a bootloop. I would do more investigations when I recieve a new battery. My current 500-600Mah one is a joke. Clean ROM eats about 250Mb of RAM out of 440Mb btw

Reactions: Myrmeko

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
HTC Leo
HTC Desire 500
I tried swap partition and ended up with a bootloop. I would do more investigations when I recieve a new battery. My current 500-600Mah one is a joke. Clean ROM eats about 250Mb of RAM out of 440Mb btw

But what if we would replace all the apps with Android 2.3 apps? (Except the settings and the systemUI.)
I mean, keeping a 600kb messaging app in memory is easier than keeping a 10MB one.
Why not the Xperia ones from X10 and X1?
Imo it doesnt really matter how it looks.
But i hope there will be a solution for the swap partition tho.

DumF0rGaming

Translator
Jan 8, 2013
Dubai
But what if we would replace all the apps with Android 2.3 apps? (Except the settings and the systemUI.)
I mean, keeping a 600kb messaging app in memory is easier than keeping a 10MB one.
Why not the Xperia ones from X10 and X1?
Imo it doesnt really matter how it looks.
But i hope there will be a solution for the swap partition tho.
Why? You have this phone only to flash it and use only 1 or 2 messengers at once, recieve and make calls and listen music. Without gapps it's pretty possible

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
HTC Leo
HTC Desire 500
Last edited:
Reactions: moliva_85

altsec.dev

Mar 11, 2017
reboot

I install this version operating system, and as soon try is setup this device, phone get out is reboot and all over again setup(((
PS: Setup Apps is get error (restart app/wait)

Sorry for is my bad English

sharis

Oct 29, 2011
stuck @ HTC logo

Please can some one explain how to install step by step .

I did this, 2 ext4 partition , one fat32 (32kb Clstr)
Boot in provided recovery , installed ROM & after success full installation it i rebooted , & after 20 min it still showing HTC logo ...
What i did wrong plz Advice .

Reactions: orbi

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
HTC Leo
HTC Desire 500
I feel like Android Go will be a very good thing for this phone, despite having less RAM than Android go wants. I wonder how fast will it run on HD2 without Google Play Services, or if Android Go will have some custom GP Services and Play Store that would consume only a few MBs of RAM.

Alio99

Nov 1, 2016
First of all, many thanks to macs18max and other Developers for keep supporting our Leo. It does'nt matter how it works on Nougat right now, the FACT is it - Leo get the newest OS. Also, it well working with Android 6.0 - some bugs, but after optimization Leo can be used with MM as daily driver.

Have some question about this ROM.
1. Can we use TWO (or more) swap files to ajust responsiveness?
2. Anyboby testing Leo with Transcend NAND cards? 64 gb Samsung 10+ UHS3 running very well on it.

Soon will test this ROM on second Leo (first rinning 4.2.2 and in daily usage). Thank you so much!
Please keep working and supporting Leo in the future, waiting Android O !!!

Reactions: mahir555

Alio99

Nov 1, 2016
Testing Nougat for a couple days.

Works better, than expected. A little smoothly and with a half of free RAM without GAPS.

The flashlight works through a third-party application from cyanogenmod 4.2.2.
There is no sound in the headphones, but I think it's possible to fix it. The camera shows a black screen, not shure that it work (not testing with open camera, ets yet).

We have no file manager in stock - so you must download it by browser, that is no good.

Wifi works confidently. GSM communication also works confidently.

Can not set the SWAP file via the init.d script. It hangs the device when changing roule permissions.

Swap is necessary for correct and fast operation of the device on 7.1, so SWAP must work first of all. Can we add swap support by default (init.d script) and on/off it in preferences?

So, we need:
1. File manager in stock - to add application and operate device.
2. SWAP support in stock (init.d script)
3. Camera fix and flashlight (possible by using another application)

Continiue testing and soon will be one more video with Leo running 7.1.

Alio99

Nov 1, 2016
Managed to run swap via the init.d script.
Device working stably, applications open and do not crash.
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4187857&stc=1&d=1497945773

To run swap, first of all you need this file
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4187859&stc=1&d=1497949282
and SD card with Linux Swap partition on it (so you will have 2 ext4, 1 fat32 and 1 Linux Swap partitions). The best size of SWAP partition not yet determined, use 256-512 Mb for the fist time.

1. Unzip and place file "01swap" on Leo SD card. You may need to change "mmcblk0p2" parameter to "mmcblk0p1" or "mmcblk0p3" - it depends on your SD card and sets experimentally - until the SWAP is appear.
2. Install "Disk Info" program for checking the result -the SWAP partition must appear.
3. Specify 50% zRAM in preferences-perfomance and reboot.
4. After that, copy the previously prepared script "01swap" by Root Explorer to the system/ets/init.d and set permissions to 755. Device may crash or hang, wait some minutes and rebot it.
5. Use the Disk Info program to check SWAP is appear. Now we have enough "RAM" for stable work.

After that,
set zRAM to 0 or 10-20%. 50% + SWAP is not stable and not required.
Also, you may turn off "Kernel samepage merging", it may increase stability.

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_112514_m.jpg
    IMG_20170620_112514_m.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 547
  • 01swap.rar
    147 bytes · Views: 197
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bringing to you Nougat 7.1. This is an unofficial ROM which is built from Evervolv Sources
    Be warned The ROM is still at its early alpha stage

Credits:
    EVERVOLV TEAM for the legacy codes.
    marc1706, Tytung, Sportsstar89, Securecrt, Xylograph, ph03n!x, datagr, Rick_1995, Daekin, BSDgeek_Jake
    texasice, marco.palumbi, Robbie-P, PixelFreak, chautruongthinh, Nikez for all HD2 kernels, libs, mods, corrections
    azam, gilbert, spezi , elginsk8r , Kirmaniarslan, , legacyxperia, christian, onell, philipped346, Robbie-P, legacyxperia team

Working:
    Display
    Audio
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Phone/Data

Not working:
    Camera /Flash Light
    Camcorder
    Other stuff untested
    Due to Low ram, soft reboot, apps dies, slow and laggy

Download:
    | 2016-11-13 | Evervolvs ROM AndroidFileHost
    | 2015-09-22 | NativeSD Recovery Google drive

Source on Github
    Kernel
    Device
    Display
    Audio
    Media

XDA:DevDB Information
    HD2 Nougat, ROM for the HTC HD2

Contributors
    macs18max
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Evervolv

Version Information

Created 2016-11-13
    Last Updated 2016-11-13
    somes screenchots
    happy new year to all my friends and others who love hour hd2 ;)
    Not work headphones.Will fix in the near future?

I havent tried it...
    Yes I will fix it in future. But when I have time, so please be patient. Thanks for notifying.
    Wish we had more ram we could have got things working very smoothly...
    Managed to run swap via the init.d script.
    Device working stably, applications open and do not crash.
    https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4187857&stc=1&d=1497945773

To run swap, first of all you need this file
    https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4187859&stc=1&d=1497949282
    and SD card with Linux Swap partition on it (so you will have 2 ext4, 1 fat32 and 1 Linux Swap partitions). The best size of SWAP partition not yet determined, use 256-512 Mb for the fist time.

1. Unzip and place file "01swap" on Leo SD card. You may need to change "mmcblk0p2" parameter to "mmcblk0p1" or "mmcblk0p3" - it depends on your SD card and sets experimentally - until the SWAP is appear.
    2. Install "Disk Info" program for checking the result -the SWAP partition must appear.
    3. Specify 50% zRAM in preferences-perfomance and reboot.
    4. After that, copy the previously prepared script "01swap" by Root Explorer to the system/ets/init.d and set permissions to 755. Device may crash or hang, wait some minutes and rebot it.
    5. Use the Disk Info program to check SWAP is appear. Now we have enough "RAM" for stable work.

After that,
    set zRAM to 0 or 10-20%. 50% + SWAP is not stable and not required.
    Also, you may turn off "Kernel samepage merging", it may increase stability.