[KERNEL][04-02][Radon Kenzo V6.3][STABLE][CM-AOSP-MIUI]

Search This thread

MOVZX

Jan 26, 2012
actually i use xiaomi.eu roms and always clean install this bug was present in previous builds of eu roms dont know its eu or radon kernel but its really annoying to use power button for turning screen off to make sensor work
Always flash latest firmware, and if your Bootloader unlocked officially, make sure you flash emmc_appsboot.mbn (aboot) too.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 5 using XDA Labs

lakshya dahiya

Jun 2, 2013
Wrong value set in ka big cpu 1190 and small 1017 can't change value in ka, what is wrong with 4.6

Pls help. How to set correct value?

amn1987

Was anybody able to get exFAT/NTFS working as its mentioned that its supported by the kernel? I tried in MIUI 8.1.6.0 MM but was not able to get it to work. Tried StickMount with various additions,did not work at all. Total Commander with Paragon exFAT and NTFS plugin was able to read but writes failed. With ES File Explorer NTFS read was OK but again writes failed. And later resulted in a bootloop.At least this time I had a full NANDROID backup to fall back upon.

Neuzn_b

May 8, 2017
Was anybody able to get exFAT/NTFS working as its mentioned that its supported by the kernel? I tried in MIUI 8.1.6.0 MM but was not able to get it to work. Tried StickMount with various additions,did not work at all. Total Commander with Paragon exFAT and NTFS plugin was able to read but writes failed. With ES File Explorer NTFS read was OK but again writes failed. And later resulted in a bootloop.At least this time I had a full NANDROID backup to fall back upon.

Not working on mine too.

Pinch0

Jul 27, 2016
Merida

exFAT sd memory tested on MIUI 7.5.4 beta from Xiaomi.Eu

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Wrong value set in ka big cpu 1190 and small 1017 can't change value in ka, what is wrong with 4.6

Pls help. How to set correct value?

Seems to be thermal throttling, I get those values when phone is hot.

Reactions: amn1987

lakshya dahiya

Jun 2, 2013
exFAT sd memory tested on MIUI 7.5.4 beta from Xiaomi.Eu

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Seems to be thermal throttling, I get those values when phone is hot.
My friend the phone was not hot, I got it working buy copying command from ka profile and put it in radon.Sh also if ur phone is charging and just has booted there is no thing as thermal throttle, also if it were to throttle and all other settings have applied then the throttle limit is 77 c ok u can't hold that in hand it was not hot

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

My friend the phone was not hot, I got it working buy copying command from ka profile and put it in radon.Sh also if ur phone is charging and just has booted there is no thing as thermal throttle, also if it were to throttle and all other settings have applied then the throttle limit is 77 c ok u can't hold that in hand it was not hot

Or something is wrong with ka

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Max frequencies that are set by init.radon.rc are 1804 and 1440 for balanced or gaming mode and for battery mode it's 1612 and 1305, if you have anything other than this then it's definitely some kernel control app or battery saver or script which you installed, it could also be thermal throttle. If you can't figure out the cause then just do a twrp backup and clean flash only rom + gapps + radon and check frequencies with adb or terminal app.

number19999

May 22, 2016
Suzhou,Jiangsu

Actually it is thermal throttle,it happened in mine too,
I renamed the file and reboot to disable it,then fixed.
/system/vender/bin/thermal-engine ,

amir-kia

May 17, 2013
I am on nos latest version and radon 4.6 . My battery state not reset after full 100% charge . It's radon bug or nos ?

amn1987

My device has a Goodix FP sensor. With 4.5 it was a bit finnicky as sometimes it used to take more than one attempt to get a successful unlock. With 4.6 no such issues so far, on par with the stock kernel. Also the display failed to turn on quite a few times after moving it away from the ear in the previous version(no such issues when I was on the stock kernel). Will need to check how it goes in this one.
Edit: Seems all right so far.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead sd cards, explosions, nuclear wars, alarm applications getting failed, please read the first 3 posts (features, faq, settings) carefully before flashing this kernel to make sure everything goes well with your installation.

This kernel will focus on quality over quantity, I will add only those features which don't cause instability and really improve performance or battery life of our device. I like to test my changes properly before release and keep stability the topmost priority, I don't guarantee weekly or nightly builds, updates will be given whenever required.

Some Kernel Features-

Cpu Improvements -
    • Balanced, Battery and Gaming modes available for interactive governor
    • Mild undervolt for our cpu, reduces heat, helps battery backup
    • All basic governors and relaxed governors available, default is interactive
    • Toggles for wakeup boost, hotplug boost, touch boost
    IO & Memory Improvements -
    • Added fiops, bfq, zen, maple, sio io schedulers
    • Disabled io crc check for more performance
    • Zram with lz4 & lz0 compression support available
    • NTFS, exFAT, F2FS, EXT filesystems support
    Gpu/Display Improvements -
    • Fixed wrong gpu frequency reflected in sysfs
    • Optional enhanced color profile, choose while flashing
    • Adreno idler and adreno boost are available, off by default
    • Savoca's kcal color control, full control over colors
    • Wake gestures, dt2w, s2s and s2w for all panels
    Charging/Battery Improvements -
    • Option to select 2000mA or 2400mA charging rates
    • Tuned interactive governor for better battery backup
    • Mild stable undervolt for both cpu and gpu
    • Optimizations for better load and power management
    Other Improvements -
    • Sound control for speaker, earphones, mic etc
    • Option to select selinux mode while installing
    • Compiled with aosp 4.9.4 aarch64 toolchain
    • Fsync toggle available, enabled by default
    • Custom vibration intensity control available
    Confirmed working or not working on -
    • Works on all lineage and aosp based nougat roms
    • Works on all lineage and aosp based marshmallow roms
    • Works on all MIUI 8+ marshmallow roms
    Flashing Instructions -
    • Prefer flashing over your rom's stock kernel for best results
    • Read post #2 for some frequently asked questions
    • Download correct version of Radon kernel
    • Make backup of system, boot in twrp
    • Now, wipe dalvik cache and cache
    • Flash the kernel zip and reboot
    Note - In case the kernel doesn't boot for you, restore your system and boot partition from twrp and you will not lose any data.

Stable build downloads -
    Radon V6.3 Stable Builds ( Android 8.1.0, 7.1.2 & 6.0.1 )

Kernel control app -
    Radon kernel control

If you like my work, consider donating -
    Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radon Kernel For Kenzo, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    Umang96, TheStrix, Balika011, ktomov, abhishek987
    GuneetAtwal, MOVZX, franciscofranco, flar2
    alex9yust, billchen1977
    These are not in any specific order, please pm me If I missed anyone :)

Version Information
    Source: Github
    Current Stable Version: V6.1
    Created 2016-07-09
    Last Updated 2017-12-10
    Kernel tuning tips -

Cpu -
    • Governor: Interactive for all kind of users, select battery/balanced/gaming mode while installing according to your need, balanced and gaming modes are totally smooth but battery mode might have little lags.
    • Users who wish to further push battery backup can try using relaxed cpu governor on small cluster, reducing max frequency of small cluster will also improve battery backup.
    • By default, I use these min cpu frequencies 691Mhz (small cluster) and 883Mhz(big cluster), there is also 400Mhz option but I don't recommend using that since it saves negligible battery.
    • Input boost and touch boost should be kept on by balanced/gaming users, battery biased users can consider turning them off.
    Memory -
    • Adaptive lmk should be enabled by all users
    • Z-RAM 512MB with at least 40 swappiness
    • Z-RAM will increase battery consumption a little bit
    • Keep Z-RAM off if you need extra battery backup
    IO Scheduler -
    • FIOPS for good performance and battery
    • Read ahead at least 512 KB on both internal and external
    Screen -
    • Adjust this yourself, I don't know what you like.
    Gpu -
    • Adreno idler - only battery biased users should keep this on.
    • Adreno boost - gamers or performance biased users should keep this on.
    Misc -
    • Fsync -Enabled for more stability, disabled for more performance.
    • Vibration intensity - I use 60, select whatever you like here.
    Note - All settings are compatible with Radon kernel control.
    Frequently Asked Questions -

Q ) I like this kernel, can I be a part and contribute to this project ?
    It takes many hours to maintain this kernel, If you are a user then donations are appreciated. If you want to contribute to development then you can create your pull requests on my github or pm me with your patch.
    Q ) I flashed this kernel, what next ? How and where do I configure kernel related settings ?
    Recommended app is Radon kernel control, it offers very easy to use custom profile based tweaking, you may check post #3 for some tuning tips if you like to tune kernel settings yourself.
    Q ) Read mode in miui is not working after flashing this kernel ?
    Xiaomi hasn't provided the opensource code for this feature, so read mode is not going to work on custom kernels, but you can try going into display tab of radon kernel control app and make a custom profile with R,G,B(254,234,195) and saturation 40 for very similar experience to miui read mode.
    Q ) My fingerprint doesn't work, what to do ?
    Kenzo comes with two different sensors, fpc and goodix, all nougat roms have fixed support for both sensors, but if you use miui rom and you have goodix sensor then you might need to flash the patch from post #6196.
    Q ) I flashed this kernel, but I want to return to my stock kernel, how to do that ?
    If you read flashing instructions in first post, you will see that I asked you to make backup of boot and system partitions before flashing my kernel, now you can restore that backup and you will have your stock kernel back. In case you didn't take a backup, just dirty flash your rom zip without wiping data and that will restore stock kernel and modules.
    Q ) How much battery backup does this kernel give ? Will it give me x hours of SOT ?
    The battery backup depends a lot on your usage, like screen brightness, wifi, 3g/4g data. Changing your kernel or rom will not make battery backup double. If you are just wifi user, your device can give 9+ hrs screen on time. Heavy 3G, 4G, Bluetooth users shouldn't expect huge battery backup. Regarding battery consumption when display is off, I normally lose 2% battery for about 8-9 hours of standby, but if you you keep wifi and data off in night, then you should get 0-1% drain per night.
    Update Radon V3.7.6 -

Changelog For Nougat -
    • Merged latest caf changes LA.BR.1.3.6_rb1.12
    • Prima wlan driver updated to LA.BR.1.3.6_rb1.12
    • Camera actuator: use correct park lens step values
    • Interactive: increase timer rate when screen off, saves juice (removed from V3.7.5)
    • Updated to new fuel gauge and power drivers (added in V3.7.5)
    • Fix battery drop by 2% instead of 1% sometimes (added in V3.7.6)
    • Interactive: made battery, balanced, gaming configs more smooth
    • Adreno: be aware of display state to reduce overhead
    • Charging: Fixed rates not working, also simplified them
    • Charging: Now either select 2400mA or 2000mA rates
    • Enhanced colors: Made them more comfortable for eyes
    Changelog For Marshmallow -
    • Interactive: made battery, balanced, gaming configs more smooth
    • Interactive: increase timer rate when screen off, saves juice (removed from 3.7.5)
    • Adreno: be aware of display state to reduce overhead
    • Charging: Fixed rates not working, also simplified them
    • Charging: Now either select 2400 or 2000 rates
    • Enhanced colors: Made them more comfortable for eyes
    Important Information -
    • You can flash 3.7.5 directly over 3.6 or 3.7 but if you are on any other kernel then must restore stock kernel first.
    • If camera/flash is not working sometimes on Nougat, it is a known bug in all Nougat roms, read post #2 FAQ.
      [*]If you want a fix for flashlight tile, then read this thread by me.
    • Miui marshmallow goodix fp users can check post #6196 for a fix.
    Downloads -
    Thanks to all the testers for their help.
    Update Radon V4.0 -

Changelog For Nougat -
    • Kernel upstream, merged linux 3.10.105
    • Merged latest caf updates LA.BR.1.3.6_rb1.14
    • Prima wlan updated to LA.BR.1.3.6_rb1.14
    • Completely removed hotplug, was causing heating/drain with mid or heavy use.
    • Many changes to battery mode in aroma, also, it will turn off input & touch boost now.
    • Adrenoboost will be off by default in balanced mode but on (low) in gaming mode.
    • Both balanced and battery modes should have improved battery and less heat now.
    • Cleaned up some compilation errors/warning to make building process easier.
    Changelog For Marshmallow -
    • Merged latest caf updates LA.BR.1.3.4_rb1.31
    • Prima wlan updated to LA.BR.1.3.4_rb1.31
    • Completely removed hotplug, was causing heating/drain with mid or heavy use.
    • Many changes to battery mode in aroma, also, it will turn off input & touch boost now.
    • Adrenoboost will be off by default in balanced mode but on (low) in gaming mode.
    • Both balanced and battery modes should have improved battery and less heat now.
    • Cleaned up some compilation errors/warning to make building process easier.
    Important Information -
    • You can flash 4.0 directly over 3.9 or 3.8 but if you are on any other kernel then must restore stock kernel first.
    • If camera/flash is not working sometimes on Nougat, it is a known bug in all Nougat roms, read post #2 FAQ.
      [*]If you want a fix for flashlight tile, then read this thread by me.
    • Miui marshmallow goodix fp users can check post #6196 for patch.
    Downloads -
    Thanks to @lafonte, @Sumit Samantha, @Raaj52, @Tyaginator, @razorinc for testing and helping.