Search This thread

thewarhawk

Feb 17, 2010
Dahlonega
This will take you through the steps to replace your boring boot logo (motorola M with dual core underneath) with something awesome:)

Our friends on the photon also have a boot logo forum, so you can go over there and see if they have any boot logos that fit your taste

I used information from two sources for this tutorial
NFHimself's post in this thread, which mostly went over my head lol
and this page

What you'll need (at least what I had)
Image Editor (I used photoshop, I'm not sure if gimp or any other image editor has the same options)
Binary Editor (I used FHRED -- it's free)
Fastboot
The included logo-header

Creating Your Logo

First: Open up your image editor, and make your boot image the dimensions must be 540x960. Important: you must flip the image vertically.

Second: Save your boot logo as a .BMP file, but it must be saved in 565 format. To do this in photoshop, save as the BMP file, then when the extra options come up push the advanced modes button, and select the R5 G6 B5 option.

Thank you Ka4yan for this helpful tip
For anyone using Paint.NET as their photo editor, here is a plugin which allows you to save in RGB565 format:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16747-rgb565-android-splash-screen-format

In this forum is also a really good explanation of RGB565.

Credit to: ejohnson0547 of forums.getpaint.net

Third: Open up the .BMP file with your binary editor and delete the first 70 Bits (pairs of numbers), and the last 2 bits (with FHRED, just highlight and hit delete

Fourth: Copy the header from the attached bin file and paste it at the top of your bin. Your file should be 1036820 bits. Save as logo.bin.

Applying a Logo

Fifth Unzip fastboot and move your logo.bin to the same directory.

Sixth: put your phone in fastboot by booting the phone holding the volume down, and then once you see fastboot on the screen, press voume up. connect your phone and open command prompt and use the cd command to navigate to where your fastboot and logo.bin is and enter:
Code:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot reboot

OR

Make a CWM Recovery zip and flash it

Devbro has posted his own website for making you a boot logo CWM zip
please make sure you hit thanks on his post if you use his website!

You should see your new boot logo, yay:)

Feel free to post your newly made logos in this forum so you might be able to save other people the trouble of making one!

Attached is the logo header bin, the stock logo.bin, and my sample logo.bin

Thank you NFHimself for the help, and the original logo and logo-header:)

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any misfortunes in your life including, but not limited to: death, taxes, or bricked phones,
HOWEVER, if I have helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to hit the thanks button down there, it's free!:)

Attachments

• logo.zip
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 3,294
  • logo-header.zip
    148 bytes · Views: 2,271
  • evillogo.zip
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 2,715
Last edited:

rjohnstone

I had a little fun with these...

My co-worker thought I had loaded iOS on my Atrix. :D
So gullible.

Attachments

• motoiphone.jpg
    motoiphone.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 4,530
  • motoiphone2.jpg
    motoiphone2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4,247
  • motoiphone.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 412
  • motoiphone2.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: undisputedfb

ChrisNovy

Apr 2, 2011
Kinnelon, NJ
Last edited:

rjohnstone

As long as it has the Nvidia logo I'd be happy. But I would think with two logos it might look a little cramped. Maybe some writing under it that says "Motorola" or "Motorola Atrix" or something like that?

How's this?

EDIT: If you have any issues with flashing, let me know. I found one logo where the header did not get set properly.
Flashing a bad logo will not hurt your phone, it will simply give you a text based startup screen that will still boot the phone normally.
You can simply hold the vol down during boot to enter fastboot and reflash a good logo.bin file.

Attachments

• Tegra-Atrix4G.jpg
    Tegra-Atrix4G.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Tegra-Atrix4G.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

toddran1

Mar 28, 2011
Would this remove the unlocked at the top of the screen for gingerbread or anything higher then 1.83?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

ChrisNovy

Apr 2, 2011
Kinnelon, NJ
How's this?

EDIT: If you have any issues with flashing, let me know. I found one logo where the header did not get set properly.
Flashing a bad logo will not hurt your phone, it will simply give you a text based startup screen that will still boot the phone normally.
You can simply hold the vol down during boot to enter fastboot and reflash a good logo.bin file.

That looks fantastic. Now I just need to read the OP to figure out how to apply it :D Thanks for the logo though!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will take you through the steps to replace your boring boot logo (motorola M with dual core underneath) with something awesome:)

Our friends on the photon also have a boot logo forum, so you can go over there and see if they have any boot logos that fit your taste

I used information from two sources for this tutorial
    NFHimself's post in this thread, which mostly went over my head lol
    and this page

What you'll need (at least what I had)
    Image Editor (I used photoshop, I'm not sure if gimp or any other image editor has the same options)
    Binary Editor (I used FHRED -- it's free)
    Fastboot
    The included logo-header

Creating Your Logo

First: Open up your image editor, and make your boot image the dimensions must be 540x960. Important: you must flip the image vertically.

Second: Save your boot logo as a .BMP file, but it must be saved in 565 format. To do this in photoshop, save as the BMP file, then when the extra options come up push the advanced modes button, and select the R5 G6 B5 option.

Thank you Ka4yan for this helpful tip
    For anyone using Paint.NET as their photo editor, here is a plugin which allows you to save in RGB565 format:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16747-rgb565-android-splash-screen-format

In this forum is also a really good explanation of RGB565.

Credit to: ejohnson0547 of forums.getpaint.net

Third: Open up the .BMP file with your binary editor and delete the first 70 Bits (pairs of numbers), and the last 2 bits (with FHRED, just highlight and hit delete

Fourth: Copy the header from the attached bin file and paste it at the top of your bin. Your file should be 1036820 bits. Save as logo.bin.

Applying a Logo

Fifth Unzip fastboot and move your logo.bin to the same directory.

Sixth: put your phone in fastboot by booting the phone holding the volume down, and then once you see fastboot on the screen, press voume up. connect your phone and open command prompt and use the cd command to navigate to where your fastboot and logo.bin is and enter:
    Code:
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot reboot

OR

Make a CWM Recovery zip and flash it

Devbro has posted his own website for making you a boot logo CWM zip
    please make sure you hit thanks on his post if you use his website!

You should see your new boot logo, yay:)

Feel free to post your newly made logos in this forum so you might be able to save other people the trouble of making one!

Attached is the logo header bin, the stock logo.bin, and my sample logo.bin

Thank you NFHimself for the help, and the original logo and logo-header:)

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any misfortunes in your life including, but not limited to: death, taxes, or bricked phones,
    HOWEVER, if I have helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to hit the thanks button down there, it's free!:)
    ABOOTA now has boot logo

Dear all Atrix fans

I have created a website that makes a CWM zip for uploading your boot logo files :)

no more need for doing the file editing by hand, as long as you got any image you can put it as your boot logo:
    http://aboota.devbro.com/boot_logo/

I hope you all enjoy this.
    As long as it has the Nvidia logo I'd be happy. But I would think with two logos it might look a little cramped. Maybe some writing under it that says "Motorola" or "Motorola Atrix" or something like that?

How's this?

Here are a few boot screens I made- same design in 3 different colors. All tested and working on my Atrix. Screenshots and downloads below.

Download Tegra Blue Boot Screen

tegra_blue.png

Download Tegra Green Boot Screen

tegra_green.png

Download Tegra Red Boot Screen

tegra_red.png
    Heres one for ya guys, or..two.. just work avoidance at this point really..