Broken cache partition / recovery stock problems

Search This thread

Vanhai

Jun 5, 2013
Broken cache partition / recovery stock

Hello, i have got a problem with the stock recovery of the S4 i-9505 the Wipe Cache Partition dont work, always when i push he reboot..
After flashed some rom official rom, CF auto root,
reflashed to pre rooted rom and triangle away, then changed the csc of the phone.

-> Original phone's rom: Build Date: 25.04.2013 -> Region: DBT (Germany) PDA: I9505XXUAMDM Changelist: 526204 Android: 4.2.2
-> Rooted with CF-Auto root modified for MDM after used I9505_OFFICIAL_STATUS_MOD.tar for official status
-> Flashed Pre rooted http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824
GT-I9505 Official Stock Packages:

- Pre-Rooted
- Unbranded
- no other modifications
- Fully working OTA and KIES updates
- Device Status - OFFICIAL

Model: GT-I9505 (4.2.2)
PDA: XXUAME2
PHONE: XXUAME2
CSC: OXXAMDB (MultiCSC - 31 Codes)
Kernel: 3.4.0-526204 (02.05)
Build Date: 02.05.2013
Changelist: 526204
Original Stock ROM: Download (Hotfile)
Stock Recovery+Kernel: Downloads: <<< Dev-Host >>> or <<< Hotfile >>>
Pre-Rooted ROM: Downloads: <<< Hotfile >>> or <<< Android Host >>>

-> Triangle away
-> Change CSC XEF (at begin of the new phone DBT)

After all of what i was bored to reflash my phone always, my phone was stuck because flashing new rom official.
I gone on the recovery stock for it but the wipe cache partition have error

Wipe data/factory (work)
Wipe cache partition (don't work, he turn a bit then he make the android dead and say error)

impossible to launch the wipe cache partition...

I have checked for this problem on this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1932327

but isn't for the device of Samsung galaxy S4 i-9505 lte

If anyone have a solution it's welcome thanks

Edit: Used already custom recovery trying to wipe the cache and format it same result when i go back to the stock recovery it dont work and restart again

Last edited:
Reactions: Kernelponik

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington

Hello, i have got a problem with the stock recovery of the S4 i-9505 the Wipe Cache Partition dont work, always when i push he reboot..
reflashed to pre rooted rom and triangle away, then changed the csc of the phone.

-> Original phone's rom: Build Date: 25.04.2013 -> Region: DBT (Germany) PDA: I9505XXUAMDM Changelist: 526204 Android: 4.2.2
-> Rooted with CF-Auto root modified for MDM after used I9505_OFFICIAL_STATUS_MOD.tar for official status

-> Triangle away

After all of what i was bored to reflash my phone always, my phone was stuck because flashing new rom official.

Wipe data/factory (work)
Wipe cache partition (don't work, he turn a bit then he make the android dead and say error)

Flash a custom recovery like CWM and try with that.
If it still doesn't work then format your cache partition using CWM, that should fix it.

Vanhai

Jun 5, 2013
If it still doesn't work then format your cache partition using CWM, that should fix it.

I tryed to use Philz, TWRP, and CMW now
This message appear:
With CMW-based Recovery V6.0.3.1
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: can't mount /recovery/log
E: can't open/cache/recovery/log
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

He stuck on:
-- Wiping cache...
Formatting /cahe

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This message appear:

He stuck on:
-- Wiping cache...
Formatting /cahe

Did you try to flash an official stock rom for DBT (MDM) through pc odin ?After flashing go to stock recovery, first do factory reset and then wipe cache.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Vanhai

Jun 5, 2013
Did you try to flash an official stock rom for DBT (MDM) through pc odin ?After flashing go to stock recovery, first do factory reset and then wipe cache.

Yes i already tryed to reflash on the official ROM MDM - DBT (Germany) already even the CSC of the Pre-Root:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

- Pre-Rooted
- Unbranded
- no other modifications

more coming soon...
Even i reflash on STOCK official rom the CSC BTU won't move away and the MDM is under DBT (this i found strange)

I flashed the stock recovery too and tryed to make a wipe data/factory (this work) and wipe cache partition (android who turn a bit and make the dead after this don't work, it auto restart the phone) :(

Edit:
on CMW

I: Checking for extendedcommand, file not found....
W: failed to mount /dev/block*mmclk0p18 (Invalid argument)
W: Can't unlink /cache/recovery/command
I: Can't parition non -vfar: datamedia
I: Can't fort unknow volume: /emmc

For wipe Davik cache i get this when i enter on it
E:unknow volume for path [/sd-ext]

It don't work... :(

Last edited:

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes i already tryed to reflash on the official ROM MDM - DBT (Germany) already even the CSC of the Pre-Root:

Even i reflash on STOCK official rom the CSC BTU won't move away and the MDM is under DBT (this i found strange)

I flashed the stock recovery too and tryed to make a wipe data/factory (this work) and wipe cache partition (android who turn a bit and make the dead after this don't work, it auto restart the phone) :(

Edit:
on CMW

If after wiping cache, your phone reboots, then its "normal".Same happens with my s4 and my nexus 4.
In order to change CSC, in now days you must be root.Sorry for misunderstanding,but your phone is under BTU or DBT?
If you are rooted try the application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manniakk.cscselector&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tYW5uaWFray5jc2NzZWxlY3RvciJd
,tick the box (root enabling) and check your current CSC status (you can check it through stock recovery as well)

Vanhai

Jun 5, 2013
If after wiping cache, your phone reboots, then its "normal".Same happens with my s4 and my nexus 4.
In order to change CSC, in now days you must be root.Sorry for misunderstanding,but your phone is under BTU or DBT?
If you are rooted try the application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manniakk.cscselector&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tYW5uaWFray5jc2NzZWxlY3RvciJd
,tick the box (root enabling) and check your current CSC status (you can check it through stock recovery as well)

He reboot without wiping cache because normally when i stuck on the bootloop Samsung Galaxy S4 logo he don't want go more far than this he just stuck so i thinked the Wipe cache partition isn't wiped because he don't wanna work... 2 days ago i could wipe the cache without getting a reboot my phone is under BTU cause of the pre-root (I9505XXUAME2_I9505OXXAMDB_I9505XXUAME2_HOME.tar) i think so.

About the CSC i know this part need to be root for use CSC select then i can change the CSC and need to make a wipe factory/data of it
The problem is only even i install custom recovery for wipe the cache partition => he stuck.
Then i need to use this method: For not stuck on the boot
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

Even reinstalled the recovery stock it make same... he reboot and don't wipe the cache :(

Edit: re installed CWM recovery wiped 1st try the cache partition = stuck
then removed battery try again it work only but it have the message error

Error:
Code:

Log
Code:
W: failed to mount /dev/block/mmclk0p18 (Invalid argument)
W: failed to mount /dev/block/mmclk0p18 (Invalid argument)

When i push on the Wipe of Davilk cache he add this message before the yes or no
Code:

After i reinstalled the stock recovery, he dont wanted to make the wipe of the partition :(

I don't like this way to always wipe the cache partition by CWM and it's bugued because need remove the battery i don't find issue with the stock recovery cache ... :(

Last edited:

marcod

May 3, 2008

Hello, i have got a problem with the stock recovery of the S4 i-9505 the Wipe Cache Partition dont work, always when he reboot..

Hi,

I think I have the same problem with the same ROM XXUAMDM (DBT). When I try to wipe the Cache Partition the phone shows for a while the android logo and then reboots. I had a Galaxy S3 before and after pressing the start button to wipe the cache it just showed the messages:

-- Wiping Cache
Formatting /Cache...
Cache Wipe Complete.

I personally didn't even tried to flash another ROM because I wasn't sure I could recover from a Soft Brick. I would be very interested in finding a solution. I ask if flashing a PIT file could help?

Regards

Vanhai

Jun 5, 2013

Hello, i have got a problem with the stock recovery of the S4 i-9505 the Wipe Cache Partition dont work, always when he reboot..

Hi,

I think I have the same problem with the same ROM XXUAMDM (DBT). When I try to wipe the Cache Partition the phone shows for a while the android logo and then reboots. I had a Galaxy S3 before and after pressing the start button to wipe the cache it just showed the messages:

-- Wiping Cache
Formatting /Cache...
Cache Wipe Complete.

I personally didn't even tried to flash another ROM because I wasn't sure I could recover from a Soft Brick. I would be very interested in finding a solution. I ask if flashing a PIT file could help?

Regards

Hello,

Yeah, i got this problem just after to started to flash and root or reset counter at 0 with triangle away.
The problem can't be resolved for now i think so... i searched since 3 full days, nothing.

Even if you flashing with a PIT file he can't help you the Stock recovery is broken a bit from the Wipe cache partition.
I'm not even sure all of this is due at the PIT file who make this bug to the recovery cache partition

The cache parition don't work well. So he still have always or sometimes the old code CSC- on the Recovery. By example the XXUAME2 BTU (U-K) then i flash on the STOCK MDM DBT (GERMANY), i noticed the CSC-code don't change he stay on CSC-BTU (U-K) when i starting the phone at select language by default.

I just found a trick to wipe the cache but he don't work always, with the CSC:

I have a STOCK XXUAME2 BTU (U-K) the after I tryed to flash the Stock rom MDM DBT (GERMANY), then I gone gone on Recovery Stock and Wipe Data/Factory x1 time, then i Wipe the Cache Partition x1 time and he reboot, before he try to reboot i remove the battery behind when the screen is dark. Then I restart in Recovery Stock one more time. I Wipe Cache Partition one more time and let it reboot the phone. After this the CSC-code may change into the new rom stock flashed. It don't work always but it may fix temporaly the problem of the CSC and the Wipe Cache Partition would work. (PS: he don't work each time... but it's the way i found, waiting for people found the problem)

Edit: this can't solve really the problem of the Wipe cache partition... :( someone have idea?

Last edited:

mashi

Feb 12, 2006
I did test on 2 i9505. one is root and one is factory never touch. both give error.. i check the log and found this.
warning: wipe_block_device: Wipe via secure discard failed, used discard instead

I think that's the bugs on samsung stock recovery ?

nunoabsilva

Feb 9, 2006
one more with this problem!!

Out of Box wipe cache work, the error appears after upgrade to other rom
or after running triangle away

Last edited:

lzk123

May 16, 2013
Singapore

Try flashing PIT and stock firmware at the same time, using odin3.04. Don't use any pre-rooted or modified roms. Use the PURE stock roms which can be found at http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

After that, enter stock recovery and wipe data and cache. Phone will reboot. Flash stock rom again and see if there's anymore problems.

Edit: When and how did the cache partition problem happen? Sorry couldn't understand what happen in 1st post. Is the cache problem gone when u flash stock rom AND never perform any root process or CSC change?

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

one more with this problem!!

Out of Box wipe cache work, the error appears after upgrade to other rom
or after running triangle away

What rom did u upgrade to? What version of triange away did you use? What is the model number of your S4?

Last edited:

mashi

Feb 12, 2006
You sure ? I saw one factory never touch have same problem also

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mashi

Feb 12, 2006
I would think factory recovery is broken

xMGWx

Jun 12, 2013

Is it behaving something like this?
(my first post so i can't link but paste this on the end of youtube)
watch?v=8Ypsm5xflVQ

Hard to find a video on someone wiping their cache partition on an s4 :silly:

Mine is behaving like the one above, and i was previosly on a pre rooted XXUBMEA but i now on stock firmware without root.
Behaving a bit diffrent if compared to the S3 who wiped the cache then you had to reboot i manualy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    listen. I did test wipe cache on samsung store's s4. It got error and reboot also.

- Pre-Rooted
    - Unbranded
    - no other modifications

-> Triangle away

Wipe data/factory (work)

Edit: Used already custom recovery trying to wipe the cache and format it same result when i go back to the stock recovery it dont work and restart again

This message appear:

He stuck on:
    -- Wiping cache...
    Formatting /cahe

- Pre-Rooted
    - Unbranded
    - no other modifications

more coming soon...

Edit:
    on CMW

I'm having the same problem. No clue on how to fix it?

Phone restarts when using Samsungs Stock Recovery for wiping cache and with CWM it just freezes.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I'm having the same problem. No clue on how to fix it?

Phone restarts when using Samsungs Stock Recovery for wiping cache and with CWM it just freezes.

Problems was solved by using i9505-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.2(0611).tar - found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2279579

Now I am a happy man :)