[CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3188/RK3066/RK2928/RK2926/RK2918/RK2906

Search This thread

knank

Jul 18, 2008
We already have root but we need cwm for the Curie 2.

can anyone help?

Hello fun_

i've tried to instal your CWM for curie 1 to the new curie 2 with no success.

I just get a black screen.

What can i do to help you to make a CWM for the bq Curie 2 (Fnac 8" v2)

Thanks a lot :)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

dorizu

Jan 15, 2012
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/
all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.

Hello i unlocked my tablet with Root RK29 Tab Toolkit 1.3,it looks like this now.
Can i use this to flash rom i dont have recovery

Mavrikmeercat

Mar 13, 2012
Device specific image

Hi fun_,
Im a ROM chef and bought my daughter a rk2906 tablet made by Curtis International.
Brand name: "Klu by Curtis"
Model #: LT-7033

Note: in our forums, we have established and confirmed that it is the exact same device as a proscan PLT-7035 but not the (B) model so this would also apply to that device as well.

I would like to compile an aosp ROM like carbon or paranoid android but I need a recovery for the device first so I was hoping you could make a device specific recovery for our tablets. I have tested(extensively) the generic recovery but not had good results when flasing, restoring backups made by generic recovery.

Latest firmware is here
http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/CUR_LT7033_FIRMWARE.ZIP

Download page is here

http://www.curtisint.com/support/manuals.asp?p=10

I'm fairly knowledgeable on this device and android but am at the edge of what I know when it comes to recovery so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! :laugh:

Erik20t

Mar 9, 2013
Hi everyone I'm new to the tablet world is there cwm for the klu Lt7035-j?

Sent from my MID704 using xda app-developers app

edicomp

Dec 12, 2008
Hi "fun_" , i have an unlisted RK3066 device, i have already root on it with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v31 , i want to have cwm for safety, and do a full backup of nand (rom) but i am confuse , it´s safe to flash the RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip , o know i have to rename to update.zip, but i am afraid to do something wrong to the device.

it cod be a stupid ask , but i did have a bad experience with my zte phone , i manage to put it ok and flash cm10 on it, but for skate there are oficial rom , and for this device don´t ant moment so i will have no way to restore it, i already did an nandroid backup with online nandroid but i think its no all there, i only get the recovery.img and boot.img , the rest its the internal, sd and ext_sd, backup,

i only want to extend my internal sd storage, but for safety it will be god to have cwm in case any time something go wrong with device and the i can restore it in a easy way.

thank you

math_green20

Nov 7, 2012
hey guys, i've been testing some of the CWM builds here on my Hp Slate 7 2800, some of them doesn't boot at all, some boots but the screen doesn't power up, some boots and light up a black screen and some others boot with a flickering white screen. The generic one doesn't boot at all.

Erik20t

Mar 9, 2013
Anyone know where to get the drivers for the RK2928 usb mode for debugging.

Sent from my MID704 using xda app-developers app

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
Where is resolution (screen mode) set?

Hello folks,
Trying to cook up a CWM Recovery that fits my own RK3066 tablet (MPMAN MPDC88BT).
Tried different ones, but get either black screen or display on a small portion of the screen.
I know the game a little bit, so I'm on my way trying to use bits from the stock recovery (kernel, modules) and build a new image with the CWM Recovery binaries.
One issue remains open: where is the screen resolution (HxV pixels) defined ?
This seems to be controlled through /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/modes but I haven't found any reference to this anywhere, neither in the stock recovery nor in the CWM images.
Is this hardcoded into the kernel image? in the /sbin/recovery file?

petaka

Dec 21, 2006
please fun_ a cwm for this clone ;), thz (remove spaces)

www .woxter.es/es-es/products/view/1073/Woxter_Tablet_PC_Nimbus_97_Q_9_7/support

Hello. I installed the android sdk pack updated where there are universal drivers for adb ... win7 32bit operating system ...by noe

Hello I finally managed (wrong to give commands to the terminal),
I did wipe all ok and then made ​​a backup for recovery test ...
but says Md5 dismatch!
What could be wrong?

Edit: Now forcing a little did the restore!
I think my mistake was to save the backup on extsd ... now put in the internal memory .. it works. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.
    * Known issues (2013/2/11)

- timestamp
    backup may be named as 1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx. it's just a directory name on SD card. please rename it.

- dump_image
    it says "mtd: read error (No such file or directory)" at the end. please ignore it, it should not be a problem.

* How to controll

- mouse
    move up/down: up/down
    left click: select
    right click: back

- keyboard
    cursor up/down: up/down
    cursor left/enter: select
    cursor right: back

- touch screen
    swipe up/down: up/down
    swipe left: select
    swipe right: back

- button
    volume up/down: up/down
    power: select
    back: back

- remote controller
    up/down: up/down
    left/ok: select
    back: back
    * about tools to make device specific image

you can use any tools which can be used to make custom rom for Rockchip devices. I'm using rkunpack, rkcrc, unpackbootimg, and mkbootimg.

if you don't know how to make custom rom for Rockchip devices, please ask google. many developers are already making custom rom for Rockchip devices, many information is already floating around.
    hi all

I'm sorry that there is no activity for a long time. now I can get some spare time to do some things.

I'm sure a lot of requests/questions are posted on here, PM, and via contact form on my site. but sorry, I can't answer everything at once.
    there are many things todo, I have to refresh my machine, my brain and my code, etc.
    (and, as you know, I'm just an individual person who like this as a hobby, please don't expect too much)

if you still have interest about my work (thanks!), please give me some more time.

thank you for your cooperation!
    following device specific images are added (as 20130213 release)

Amerry Android Stick 2.0
    ARCHOS 80 XS
    bq Curie
    CnM TouchPad 10.1DC
    GOCLEVER TAB R83 MINI
    GOCLEVER TAB R83.2/R83.3 MINI
    PiPO S2
    PiPO S2 (new camera)
    PiPO S2 3G
    PiPO S3
    Ployer MOMO8
    Teclast P88

many other images will be added within few days (hopefully)...