charger problem!!

Search This thread

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
Whenever I charge the phone THE CHARGER.. gets very very hot..
Is it normal nor I solid go for a replace as it is the original Motorola charger provided with moto G?(in the box)

Last edited:
G

GuestK0097

there was no original charger provided with the moto g. I know that some stores sold the moto g with an additional charger but it they did it themselfs.

it is pretty normal that phones get hot while charging, because of the chemical reaction in the battery. If the phone is in use while charging it gets even hotter. When I charge the moto g in the car, while using maps on it, the battery reaches temperatures of around 45 °C, which is not good, but still acceptable for the circumstances.

In germany there was a recall because one company added a charger that could break the charging port. the charger was from the company "iProtect". I was affected by this and could easily exchange it, the store just sent me an original motorola charger that charged a little slower (around 850 ma compared to 1a of the first charger).

If you want your phone to get less hot while charging you can do the following:
1. don't charge it at a hot place (like on a window ledge where the sun is shining, in the sauna or near a heater)
2. don't use your phone while charging (the CPU and GPU also create heat when they get stressed)
3. use a charger with a lower ampere rating (the moto G support all chargers that output 5v and 0.5 - 1.5 a. I have a charger from a sony headset (MW600) that only outputs around 600 ma that I use when charging over night. in day to day situations I use the 850 ma charger from motorola and if I'm in a hurry I use the 1a charger from my HTC.

knizmi

Jul 17, 2013
Mladá Boleslav
What is the current output of the charger? If it´s something like 500 mA (some Indian guys said that was the charger bundled with the phone in India), it really shouldn´t be hot, not even too warm. If it´s something like 2 A, the battery gets warm when charging, but not really hot.

Since the phone has battery temperature sensor (Antutu can read it for instance, just as many other programs), put it on the charger and tell us what the battery temperature is and what the charger output is. Only after that we can tell if it´s too hot.

jcmarv

Mar 13, 2014
Ohio
I have noticed this also. Both my Moto G's came with a Motorola branded charger. The charger gets pretty hot while in use. More than I'm used to seeing on any of my Samsung chargers.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk