KNOX counter reset

Search This thread

Shadows1928

Mar 24, 2015
Budapest
Hi guys!

Today i rooted my device (Samsung galaxy s7 edge) for copy some samsung apps witch was unable to copy without root and i lost my KNOX warrantity. I want to repair the KNOX warantity but i don't know how. Anyone could tell me how to do that? Please help me :'(

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
You can't.
Tripped KNOX flag is permanent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Hi guys!

Today i rooted my device (Samsung galaxy s7 edge) for copy some samsung apps witch was unable to copy without root and i lost my KNOX warrantity. I want to repair the KNOX warantity but i don't know how. Anyone could tell me how to do that? Please help me :'(
You can't fix Knox once the eFuse is blown there's no fixing it.
You should've known rooting devices will have a chance of voiding warranty.
Once you've installed Custom recovery like TWRP you've voided Warranty.

dhorgas

Oct 15, 2012
If it makes you feel any better OP, I learned the same mistake the same way with a Note 5.

elbee222

Nov 24, 2007
I think a lot of folks who are new to Samsung phones never heard of Knox and therefore did not know something like that could be irreversibly tripped. Still, no excuse for not proceeding more cautiously and doing advance research.

Shadows1928

Mar 24, 2015
Budapest
Not cool he's learned a very expensive lesson being rude and disrespectful doesn't do any good in any way.
At least he didn't turn it into a paperweight like I did on my s3 when I started.

Thanks dude ;) You're a good man ;) Yes I failed it so that was the reason why I am asking you guys beacause there are some phone experts and i heard a lot of nice things about xda forum but it's sad to see that there are some impolite and rude members like the guy who just sent me this negative comment. But I'm glad to meet you and thank you very much these kind words. It really rarely happens that i see guys like you. So thank you and be awsome dude ;)

Shadows1928

Mar 24, 2015
Budapest
If your Rooted with TWRP installed there are Custom Roms the uses Magisk systemless Root that has Knox working to locate the device
Do some searching in the s7e threads and read a lot before doing anything.

Could we talk on skype or something because as I see you're an expert on these phones.

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Thanks dude ;) You're a good man ;) Yes I failed it so that was the reason why I am asking you guys beacause there are some phone experts and i heard a lot of nice things about xda forum but it's sad to see that there are some impolite and rude members like the guy who just sent me this negative comment. But I'm glad to meet you and thank you very much these kind words. It really rarely happens that i see guys like you. So thank you and be awsome dude ;)
I learned the hard way my friend.
This is a public forum and you'll find all types here. I also understand somewhat the rudeness from some members. This is really supposed to be a development site and there are Rules in place members are supposed to read, especially Rule number one which basically States search first.
Here's a piece of advice I was given some time ago as a new member.
Read everything search constantly and when you think you've read enough read more.
Then when it comes time to modify you're expensive device re-read what you've already read.
That has served me well. I'm no geek by any means geez I rarely turn my computer on. However I can read.
Good luck and be thankful you just voided Warranty and not ruined it.
Oh and thanks for the kind words I appreciate them.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Could we talk on skype or something because as I see you're an expert on these phones.
You can pm me any time

Reactions: AOWS and Kamy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why so scared being out of warranty, i rooted my phone 2 days after i bpught it. Hell i don't care, i would risk everything to get that bloatware out of my samsung phone, i just can't live with it. And there are some apps, old school android users can't live without . Samsung and Knox can go **** themself, root for ever
    Not cool he's learned a very expensive lesson being rude and disrespectful doesn't do any good in any way.
    At least he didn't turn it into a paperweight like I did on my s3 when I started.

I learned the hard way my friend.
    This is a public forum and you'll find all types here. I also understand somewhat the rudeness from some members. This is really supposed to be a development site and there are Rules in place members are supposed to read, especially Rule number one which basically States search first.
    Here's a piece of advice I was given some time ago as a new member.
    Read everything search constantly and when you think you've read enough read more.
    Then when it comes time to modify you're expensive device re-read what you've already read.
    That has served me well. I'm no geek by any means geez I rarely turn my computer on. However I can read.
    Good luck and be thankful you just voided Warranty and not ruined it.
    Oh and thanks for the kind words I appreciate them.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

You can pm me any time

And if somebody steal my phone and run away? Jus the KNOX service can help me out... :/
    If your Rooted with TWRP installed there are Custom Roms the uses Magisk systemless Root that has Knox working to locate the device
    Do some searching in the s7e threads and read a lot before doing anything.

then how can i repair it?
    Change mainboard or buy a new phone.