Bell SGH-I747M

Search This thread

junooni.1980

Jun 14, 2010
toronto
So Just got my SGS3 from Bell. I want it root it so bad but not too sure which way to go cus not sure if its for my Bell(Canadian) version or not??
Can anyone please guide me in the right direction. Thanks.

cys920622

Apr 2, 2012
This is the same device as the AT&T GSIII (as well as Telus, which I have). I'm sure you can find instructions there.

Its_Dave

Jan 27, 2011
Calgary
Good for you on asking, I just did the international root and that sure as hell didn't work. My bad tho for not reading.

Canadian Version of the GS3 isn't the same as the international, my issue has I had the original GS I9000 and it was the same.

Here is a good link for info about Canadian Version of the phone

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752729

And this is what I did to root my phone and it worked out great

http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-root/how-to-root-att-galaxy-s3-sgh-i747/

junooni.1980

Jun 14, 2010
toronto
Hey Guys,
Thanks so much on your feedback. I really appreiate your help.
Also wanted to know if you are also experiencing phone getting really warm and the battery drainage. Cheers..

Its_Dave

Jan 27, 2011
Calgary
I have only had mine for...a little over a day.

The back did feel warm but I blamed that on the heavy not stop use of when I got it.

Today been a little bit more normal use, to soon to tell how the battery is but seems okay and the back isn't warm at all under my normal use.

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Battery Heat and Drain

Hey Guys,
Thanks so much on your feedback. I really appreiate your help.
Also wanted to know if you are also experiencing phone getting really warm and the battery drainage. Cheers..

Just had the phone for over a week now. My battery life is quite good (with moderate use), however, it could be better considering it is a 2100mAh battery. Also, after countless hours of heavy use, the back of the phone does get remarkably warm, although, I can't tell whether this is from the phone itself or the palm of my hand. :)

junooni.1980

Jun 14, 2010
toronto
Just recently noticed that my phone drops data signals momentarily. Is this a common problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

TrainAss

Sep 18, 2009
Edmonton
Good for you on asking, I just did the international root and that sure as hell didn't work. My bad tho for not reading.

Canadian Version of the GS3 isn't the same as the international, my issue has I had the original GS I9000 and it was the same.

Here is a good link for info about Canadian Version of the phone

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752729

And this is what I did to root my phone and it worked out great

http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-root/how-to-root-att-galaxy-s3-sgh-i747/

Are you on Bell, Rogers or TELUS? I just got my SGS3 today, and I'm missing having root.

Nevermind, I rooted in 5min. Awesome! Now when is CM9 going to get ported to the SGS3?

Last edited:

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
Just recently noticed that my phone drops data signals momentarily. Is this a common problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

welcome in my world :p like i post in another thread. signal drop on low lte signal. On low LTE signal. the phone is trying to go back to H+ but... of you still have Lte its trying to get this signal too... so you have a phone that constantly trying to switch LTE/H+ and you get disconnected....
only solution for now is Force H+ only when you know that you are low under lte. Otherwise, you can also try to get your sim card changed but didn't really fix the issue.

For the root part. I did mine without issue. download stock_root do what its telling to do
after you can remove Bell apps :)!!!
in the terminal
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/app
rm Bell*
rm Remote*
rm Sympatico*

and you are good :)

Last edited: