[ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

Search This thread

Xaotikdesigns

May 9, 2011
Pittsburgh
Xaotikdesigns.com
Driver would not complete (could not be added to store), this was being blocked by windows 8 x64 b/c it wasn't signed. Disabled the sig verification and got driver to install. But ADB would not see my device. After trying everything I found in the first dozen pages here I gave up on windows 8 and ran this on windows 7. I got the driver installed and the device seen on ADB and the root got to step 2 and then this:

/system/bin/sh: can not create /data/local.prop: permission denied

On system version 7.2.3

made it further than me. I got the drivers installed, but ADB doesn't seem to see it.

Windows doesn't seem to want to see it either.

CoB_Mike

Stricken66

Jan 22, 2012
Thomaston
I'm having an issue with the drivers. They seem to install, but windows says they were not installed correctly. When I connect the device it just uses the regular drivers not the ADB ones. I'm running on windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using xda app-developers app

CoB_Mike

I'm having an issue with the drivers. They seem to install, but windows says they were not installed correctly. When I connect the device it just uses the regular drivers not the ADB ones. I'm running on windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are on windows 7 just download the adb composite drivers.
Device manager
right click the kindle and then update
choose browse
hit let me pick from list
hit next on show all devices
click have disk and point it to the folder with your drivers
select adb composite when it shows
after install try to run quemu again.

kevria

Feb 8, 2011
Rhode island
My son just received a Kindle with 7.2.3 and I am also receiving the "Permission Denied" error:

Any chance for a fix?

Edit: never mind, i tracked down the way to get the tablet setup before using this root method.

Last edited:

EliteGeek91

Jun 13, 2012
Central Texas
My son just received a Kindle with 7.2.3 and I am also receiving the "Permission Denied" error:

Any chance for a fix?

Edit: never mind, i tracked down the way to get the tablet setup before using this root method.

Can you tell me your solution? I just purchased two blacklisted HD's, and they're on 7.2.3

Stricken66

Jan 22, 2012
Thomaston
I'm getting stuck on where it says daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. daemon started successfully.

Then it doesn't move. What's going on?

LedGrip

Mar 6, 2011
Cape Girardeau
QemuRoot saying drivers arent installed

I have installed the drivers that you have attatched to the original post, but when I run the tool and choose option 1, it's telling me I need to install the device specific drivers am I missing something here?

lordmuggins

Oct 18, 2010
+1 on all the above problems. Using Win7 for the purpose of this and I don't know if that's part of the problem. Running 7.2.3 here

Continually get errors - the app tells me it's successfully rooted, yet when it loads there's no root access, no superuser app etc. The errors all relate to permission denied

It's all a bit of a mess really

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will root your device based on my qemu local.prop root method.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
    Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC
    Latest Supported Versions:
    v7.1.5

Recent user reported supported version
    v7.2.1
    sy5amanu.jpg

just rooted my kindle fire hd 7.2.3 with the german guide :)

zipping the ready to use files if anyone wants them ?

btw guide used http://www.dreamcodes.biz/text/?id=2152&s=read

download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11026514/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17_dreamcodes.zip
    Can you tell me your solution? I just purchased two blacklisted HD's, and they're on 7.2.3

First I had to execute Runme.bat from root_with_restore_by_bin4ry_v17.zip

This allows QemuRoot to install root.
    I haven't even started the rooting process yet. Been reading up as much as I can in the different threads. I have KFHD7 with 7.3.1. So far in all of the threads, I've read that 7.3.1 had the exploit corrected an could not be rooted. However, none of the sticky topics mention it, so I've been looking for a post confirming this OS version as being successfully rooted.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I am pretty sure it is
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243949

Download the current root with restore.

http://www.schwantz-i.org/root-with-restore-by-bin4ry.html