Facebook 4.0 Test Build Reveals Drastically Revamped Design [APK Download]

Search This thread

proseray

Apr 8, 2013
Kalyani
www.facebook.com
What's New?
Things have moved around quite a bit in this new version. A title banner has been added to the left side of the action bar where the hot dog menu currently resides, and a search icon has been added to the right. Underneath, we see five icons situated where we're used to seeing the Status, Photo, and Check In buttons (which appear to have moved to the bottom). Now there are icons for the News Feed, friend requests, status updates, notifications, and the menu.
Facebook1 Facebook2 Facebook3
Unfortunately, the UI appears to be toggled server-side, where Facebook has control over who gets access. I am unable to see it even after installing the 4.0 APK. Chances are, you might not be able to see it either. But if luck is on your side, feel free to share your results in the comments below

Download - http://d-h.st/lWv

Screen Shots & source - AndroidPolice

5qc7.png

Last edited:

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Thank you!

Its about time FB caught up to all other social networks and implemented holo ui.
Hell anything is better than the old ui lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
OK so I can confirm UI is server based.
I got the old UI back but seems a lot smoother.
Hopefully they release this soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

kij01

Aug 16, 2010
Yep, UI is server-based but the app is much faster.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Frankie_Ho

Apr 9, 2013
Hong Kong
wow that's reli cool:)
thanks for ur sharing:)

but i m just wondering y i dun hv such ui in my fb apps. I m alpha tester n i m in 4.0.0.0.2
but i still got the original ui....

but anyway, i m gonna install this one as this one is fantastic.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

wow that's reli cool:)
thanks for ur sharing:)

but i m just wondering y i dun hv such ui in my fb apps. I m alpha tester n i m in 4.0.0.0.2
but i still got the original ui....

but anyway, i m gonna install this one as this one is fantastic.

oh....the ui is server-based
original ui here

fracama87

Nov 22, 2011
Sony Xperia Z2
Android Wear
For me works with the precautions I written above, but I was yet with a "private beta" server side loaded (wasn't an update from the play store!). The UI of picture leaked months ago similar to this new ui, it is arrived to me September.
Who has that should be enabled.
If not you can try also to join the beta or alpha tester.

New ui need new app AND to be enabled server side from Facebook...

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

AJ26T

Jun 28, 2007
nj
Soon as I installed it play store updated it to old 3.9 version

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Zoot_17

Jun 7, 2011
Facebook always going ahead, I can't wait for the official apk, since Tuenti Spain released last version, I began to use Facebook more and more... Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's New?
    Things have moved around quite a bit in this new version. A title banner has been added to the left side of the action bar where the hot dog menu currently resides, and a search icon has been added to the right. Underneath, we see five icons situated where we're used to seeing the Status, Photo, and Check In buttons (which appear to have moved to the bottom). Now there are icons for the News Feed, friend requests, status updates, notifications, and the menu.
    Facebook1 Facebook2 Facebook3
    Unfortunately, the UI appears to be toggled server-side, where Facebook has control over who gets access. I am unable to see it even after installing the 4.0 APK. Chances are, you might not be able to see it either. But if luck is on your side, feel free to share your results in the comments below

Download - http://d-h.st/lWv

Screen Shots & source - AndroidPolice

5qc7.png
    -if it fail to install disinstall first old app.
    -remember however to deactivete auto update from play store for facebook or facebook will downgrade the app to 3.9 ;)
    Eta for playstore? Thanks

sent from my xperia neo v

No. No no no no. Jesus you kids and their ETAs.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
    Does it still rape your battery?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I get skeptical when a closed source app is distributed by someone other than the developer. This is how phishing attacks happen.