[ROM] Ritzy's Rom v2.0,,,,,,, Its finally here.

Search This thread

RITZYtheDEVIL

Jul 18, 2010
New Delhi - Kanpur
www.facebook.com
Okey friends, its finally here, Version 2.0.......
Based on XXJVT 2.3.5 base.
Its specially for 'indian' users.
please try this rom out....

Base-2.3.5 JVT
Modem-DDJV5
CSC-DDJV9
Kernel- Darkcore 4.1
lots of modifications...

I've removed a few useless apps from samsung, and added a few good ones,
and you can also customize it yourself before flashing it.
You can flash it through recovery, if you are using custom recovery like cwm, etc...
Please give it a try, hope you'll like it.

I've removed some apps from samsung that i thought were useless, but if you want, you can add them to the rom before flashing it (procedure given below).

It includes:
  1. Kernel- Darkcore 4.1, which includes voodoo sound v10.
  2. 0Both latest Indian modem and CSC (from ddjv9)
  3. overscroll glow (blue).
  4. RAM Booster patches. and SD card Speed Fix.
  5. Lagfix, Superuser, Root, BusyBox, etc inbuild.
  6. Almost no FC's
  7. Good Battery backup.
  8. Remove all the useless Samsung bloatware, specially the Touchwiz 3 UI, which i so hate...making it fast.
  9. Extended Power Menu.
  10. BLN notification. (you need to download the BLN app from market)
  11. Added some apps (latest Versions) - GO Launcher EX, File Expert, VooDoo Control, etc.
  12. Stock browser with user-agent selection and unlimited tabs.
  13. Heavily Themed Dialer, Phone, SMS app, Jog Tabs, etc. Transparent effect.
  14. Statusbar icons from my previous rom, the "all circular" ones.
  15. Pattern Unlock icons changed to FroYo, i liked the transparent froyo look better than the dull gingerbread look.
  16. 14 Customizable statusbar toggle buttons. ( use "QuickPanel Settings" app in the rom).
  17. 'Galaxy S - Bios Load' Boot animation.
  18. SMS - No contact limit + No MMS convert after 3 sms.
  19. Extended PowerMenu + CRTOff + Clear Glass Lock.
  20. Dialog boxes and pop-up windows have black crystal-glass transparent look.
  21. Lots more fixes, can't remember them all right now.

HOW TO INSTALL:
If u do not have CWM recovery, ie.-
if you are using "STOCK" rom, ie the official samsung rom, (or any rom that does not has CWM recovery), flash CWM Recovery first-
[If u have CWM recovery already, skip to STEP B.]

STEP A:
Flashing CWM Recovery....
**IMPORTANT NOTE** - Before flashing the CWM kernel, make sure you copy the rom zip file [ STEP C, Part 1 ].
CWM recovery kernel is a bit unstable and can sometimes give problems but its only role is to provide CWM recovery and when you complete step C, the kernel is replaced by DarkCore kernel which is very stable and the problem is solved.So if your phone goes into a boot-loop after step A, directly go to step C and complete the procedure.

1. Download "CWM recovery.zip" (link given below).
  2. Extract the zip, there are two files- "odin" and "pda"....
  3. Open odin, and in the window that appears, press 'PDA' button and browse for the 'pda' file from the zip.
  4. Then put your phone in download mode as follows-
    1. Turn phone off.
    2. Hold Volume Down.
    3. Now hold Home.(while still pressing the vol down key)
    4. Now hold Power.(while still pressing both the previous keys)
    5. Wait until you see samsung logo.
    6. Release Power. (still holding onto others).
    7. Wait until you see the download screen.
    8. Release other buttons.
  5. Then connect your Phone to pc, through usb,,,, odin window should show a yellow line now, after that, press 'start' on odin. When the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
  6. IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, do the following:
  7. Disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 5.

STEP B (OPTIONAL):
Selecting which apps you want to install in the rom-

• Download the System apps (link given below).
  • Extract the "Rom zip file" (link given below) {Latest is v2.0, but can also install older versions if u want.} to some folder,,, it should contain 5 folders- data, meta-inf,script,system,updates.
  • Go to folder 'system' -> 'app'.There u'll see some .apk files.samsung had many useless apps included in the stock rom, and i remove some of them to make the rom fast. but if you want them back, open the 'System apps.zip' file (link given below), and simple copy the ones you want back from that folder to the 'System' -> 'App' folder in your extracted rom files.
  • Now, for example, lets say, u don't like the Default samsung 'Music Player' and u use some other player from market. now, that default player is just a waste for you, cuz u don't need it and it's consuming precious space, so u can delete the "musicplayer.apk" file in 'System' -> 'app' folder in your extracted rom, so that it wont install.
  • After that, go back to the extracted rom files folder, and select all the five folders- data, meta-inf,script,system,updates. and right click-> send to -> compressed(zipped)folder.You'll get a new zip file, rename it to "Romv2.0", now when you flash it,,,, u'll have all the apps u wanted to (the ones you put in 'app' folder in system folder of your rom).So u can chose which apps you want and which not.

If u wanna know which .apk file corresponds to what app, search around on xda, or ask me....
Do not try to delete just any random apk from 'System' -> 'App' folder, as it might be some vital system app. Do it only for the ones you are sure about. ask me if any further queries.

STEP C:
Flashing the rom-

1. Copy the "Romv2.0.zip" to your phone (internal sd card {16GB}, not external)
  2. Go to "recovery mode" as follows-
    1. Turn phone off.
    2. Hold Volume Up.
    7. Wait until you see the Recovery screen.
      In recovery mode, use volume keys to go Up or Down, and Power key to Select something.
  3. Select 'Install zip from SD card'
  4. Browse to "Romv2.0.zip" and select it.
  5. Let the process finish.
And voila, you are done.!!!

LINKS-

CWM recovery.zip

System apps.zip

Roms
( v2.0 is available in two versions- Wipe and Non-Wipe. )

please give it a try,, hope u'll like it.
All suggestions / requests / queries are welcome.

• Post #1 => ROM.
  • Post #2 => Updates.
  • Post #3 => Changelog.

******Credits******

1. Darky and crew for the kernel Darkcore 4.1
  2. Juwe11 for his ram script which is awsome, btw.
  3. Crysis21 for the dialer.
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950865&highlight=dialer
  4. eric75004 for stock browser with user-agent selection and unlimited tabs.
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291621&highlight=jvt+browser
  5. Qobok and lidroid for 14 Customizable statusbar toggle buttons.
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1323975
  6. montymintypie for SMS + No contact limit + No MMS convert.
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065452&highlight=jvt+browser
  7. Bo0bz (at darky's forums) for Transparant Dialer
    link- http://www.darkyrom.com/community/i...-transparant-dialer-cwm-flashable.6099/page-3
  8. sphinx02 for ExtPowerMenu + CRTOff + Clear Glass Lock
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261080
  9. trip007in for Phone.apk (assassins creed Theme)
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195734
    And Most Importantly....
  10. lirik0 for his theme, graphics, icons, etc.....most of the theme in this rom has been taken from his rom GingerCriskeloV79, hope he wont mind. ;)
    link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213225.
A BIG Thanks to all the developers whose work i've used (begged, borrowed, stolen),,,, hope they wont mind.

Last edited:

RITZYtheDEVIL

Jul 18, 2010
New Delhi - Kanpur
www.facebook.com
CHANGELOG

v2.0

1. Base changed to latest XXJVT, modem to DDJV5.

2. Kernel is now Darkcore 4.1

3. Default Launcher changed to 'GO Launcher ex', and file explorer to 'File Expert'.
Note:- This time, I've included the launcher and file manager as data apps and not system apps, so if you don't like them you can easily uninstall them. But do remember to install some other launcher/explorer before removing them or else you will be left with no launcher/explorer.

4. some heavy modifications and theming dont to framework, dialer, phone, message, and the rom itself.

5. Customisable statusbar toggle buttons.

v1.2

1. Inbuild kernel changed from Galaxian 1.1 to Darkcore 2.9

2. Oversensitive Brightness bug fixed.

3. Default message app changed, now you can send free sms anywhere in india from your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: hikaru008 and zyryn

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
@Ritesh, there are a lot of typos in your OP. Hope you find time to correct them. I can help you if you want.

PS : When you type in English, think English. BTW, I have given this thread a 5-star rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: RITZYtheDEVIL

RITZYtheDEVIL

Jul 18, 2010
New Delhi - Kanpur
www.facebook.com
@Ritesh, there are a lot of typos in your OP. Hope you find time to correct them. I can help you if you want.

PS : When you type in English, think English. BTW, I have given this thread a 5-star rating.
@ragin- Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that in mind.
oh, btw, i saw your signature and the all circle notification bar icons.
i was working independently on that too for quiet some time (and they are a part of this rom too).
Check this out, if you like them, u can include them in your thread too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gz85pocu43tcons

Last edited:

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
@ragin- Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that in mind.
oh, btw, i saw your signature and the all circle notification bar icons.
i was working independently on that too for quiet some time (and they are a part of this rom too).
Check this out, if you like them, u can include them in your thread too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gz85pocu43tcons

I am already using your ROM since yesterday night & its really good. Yea, the All Circle notification idea looks good in your ROM.

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
Ritesh, I think you need to expand your Title to reflect the Base, the Modem, & the CSC. You need to make your thread more clear in the Title that this is the BEST ROM available for Indian user.

PS : I have some issues with your ROM. Sometimes randomly & at times when I start the phone, the graphics get corrupted & turn to a hue of green where you can't know what's what. Is this an issue with the theme? I have been using other ROMs & have never faced this problem.

RITZYtheDEVIL

Jul 18, 2010
New Delhi - Kanpur
www.facebook.com
@ragin
i know what u're talking about, that issue is not with theme, it was never there till i was using other kernels, then i changed back to darkcore 2.9 and this problem was gone, check the first post, i've mentioned it there in the end, will upload the rom with new kernel and update the link soon.
apparently, galaxian v1.1 kernel doesn't likes the voodoo color fix too much.
the green color at startup is normal, its there till voodoo color fix initiates, just like u have 'media scanning' going on at startup, its normal.
but if u mess with voodoo control settings too much, it starts happening at random times too.

Last edited:

RITZYtheDEVIL

Jul 18, 2010
New Delhi - Kanpur
www.facebook.com
screen shots kaun dega bhai....... 1.2 to out hai par dikhti kaisi hai yeh toh dekha...... waiting for screenshot also add [Rom] from of the Main post in Main thread and tell what's new in 1.2 separately..... try to add update in main tread name.
Third post in this thread is for changelog, you can check there.
and i'm out of town right now, will b back on 22nd, will upload the screens then, or u can ask some other user to upload them for now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okey friends, its finally here, Version 2.0.......
    Based on XXJVT 2.3.5 base.
    Its specially for 'indian' users.
    please try this rom out....

Base-2.3.5 JVT
    Modem-DDJV5
    CSC-DDJV9
    Kernel- Darkcore 4.1
    lots of modifications...

I've removed a few useless apps from samsung, and added a few good ones,
    and you can also customize it yourself before flashing it.
    You can flash it through recovery, if you are using custom recovery like cwm, etc...
    Please give it a try, hope you'll like it.

I've removed some apps from samsung that i thought were useless, but if you want, you can add them to the rom before flashing it (procedure given below).

It includes:
    1. Kernel- Darkcore 4.1, which includes voodoo sound v10.
    2. 0Both latest Indian modem and CSC (from ddjv9)
    3. overscroll glow (blue).
    4. RAM Booster patches. and SD card Speed Fix.
    5. Lagfix, Superuser, Root, BusyBox, etc inbuild.
    6. Almost no FC's
    7. Good Battery backup.
    8. Remove all the useless Samsung bloatware, specially the Touchwiz 3 UI, which i so hate...making it fast.
    9. Extended Power Menu.
    10. BLN notification. (you need to download the BLN app from market)
    11. Added some apps (latest Versions) - GO Launcher EX, File Expert, VooDoo Control, etc.
    12. Stock browser with user-agent selection and unlimited tabs.
    13. Heavily Themed Dialer, Phone, SMS app, Jog Tabs, etc. Transparent effect.
    14. Statusbar icons from my previous rom, the "all circular" ones.
    15. Pattern Unlock icons changed to FroYo, i liked the transparent froyo look better than the dull gingerbread look.
    16. 14 Customizable statusbar toggle buttons. ( use "QuickPanel Settings" app in the rom).
    17. 'Galaxy S - Bios Load' Boot animation.
    18. SMS - No contact limit + No MMS convert after 3 sms.
    19. Extended PowerMenu + CRTOff + Clear Glass Lock.
    20. Dialog boxes and pop-up windows have black crystal-glass transparent look.
    21. Lots more fixes, can't remember them all right now.

HOW TO INSTALL:
    If u do not have CWM recovery, ie.-
    if you are using "STOCK" rom, ie the official samsung rom, (or any rom that does not has CWM recovery), flash CWM Recovery first-
    [If u have CWM recovery already, skip to STEP B.]

STEP A:
    Flashing CWM Recovery....
    **IMPORTANT NOTE** - Before flashing the CWM kernel, make sure you copy the rom zip file [ STEP C, Part 1 ].
    CWM recovery kernel is a bit unstable and can sometimes give problems but its only role is to provide CWM recovery and when you complete step C, the kernel is replaced by DarkCore kernel which is very stable and the problem is solved.So if your phone goes into a boot-loop after step A, directly go to step C and complete the procedure.

1. Download "CWM recovery.zip" (link given below).
    2. Extract the zip, there are two files- "odin" and "pda"....
    3. Open odin, and in the window that appears, press 'PDA' button and browse for the 'pda' file from the zip.
    4. Then put your phone in download mode as follows-
      1. Turn phone off.
      2. Hold Volume Down.
      7. Wait until you see the download screen.
    5. Then connect your Phone to pc, through usb,,,, odin window should show a yellow line now, after that, press 'start' on odin. When the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
    6. IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, do the following:
    7. Disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 5.

STEP B (OPTIONAL):
    Selecting which apps you want to install in the rom-

• Download the System apps (link given below).
    • Extract the "Rom zip file" (link given below) {Latest is v2.0, but can also install older versions if u want.} to some folder,,, it should contain 5 folders- data, meta-inf,script,system,updates.
    • Go to folder 'system' -> 'app'.There u'll see some .apk files.samsung had many useless apps included in the stock rom, and i remove some of them to make the rom fast. but if you want them back, open the 'System apps.zip' file (link given below), and simple copy the ones you want back from that folder to the 'System' -> 'App' folder in your extracted rom files.
    • Now, for example, lets say, u don't like the Default samsung 'Music Player' and u use some other player from market. now, that default player is just a waste for you, cuz u don't need it and it's consuming precious space, so u can delete the "musicplayer.apk" file in 'System' -> 'app' folder in your extracted rom, so that it wont install.
    • After that, go back to the extracted rom files folder, and select all the five folders- data, meta-inf,script,system,updates. and right click-> send to -> compressed(zipped)folder.You'll get a new zip file, rename it to "Romv2.0", now when you flash it,,,, u'll have all the apps u wanted to (the ones you put in 'app' folder in system folder of your rom).So u can chose which apps you want and which not.

If u wanna know which .apk file corresponds to what app, search around on xda, or ask me....
    Do not try to delete just any random apk from 'System' -> 'App' folder, as it might be some vital system app. Do it only for the ones you are sure about. ask me if any further queries.

STEP C:
    Flashing the rom-

1. Copy the "Romv2.0.zip" to your phone (internal sd card {16GB}, not external)
    2. Go to "recovery mode" as follows-
      1. Turn phone off.
      2. Hold Volume Up.
      7. Wait until you see the Recovery screen.
        In recovery mode, use volume keys to go Up or Down, and Power key to Select something.
    3. Select 'Install zip from SD card'
    4. Browse to "Romv2.0.zip" and select it.
    5. Let the process finish.
    And voila, you are done.!!!

LINKS-

CWM recovery.zip

System apps.zip

Roms
    ( v2.0 is available in two versions- Wipe and Non-Wipe. )

please give it a try,, hope u'll like it.
    All suggestions / requests / queries are welcome.

• Post #1 => ROM.
    • Post #2 => Updates.
    • Post #3 => Changelog.

******Credits******

1. Darky and crew for the kernel Darkcore 4.1
    2. Juwe11 for his ram script which is awsome, btw.
    3. Crysis21 for the dialer.
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950865&highlight=dialer
    4. eric75004 for stock browser with user-agent selection and unlimited tabs.
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291621&highlight=jvt+browser
    5. Qobok and lidroid for 14 Customizable statusbar toggle buttons.
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1323975
    6. montymintypie for SMS + No contact limit + No MMS convert.
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065452&highlight=jvt+browser
    7. Bo0bz (at darky's forums) for Transparant Dialer
      link- http://www.darkyrom.com/community/i...-transparant-dialer-cwm-flashable.6099/page-3
    8. sphinx02 for ExtPowerMenu + CRTOff + Clear Glass Lock
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261080
    9. trip007in for Phone.apk (assassins creed Theme)
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195734
      And Most Importantly....
    10. lirik0 for his theme, graphics, icons, etc.....most of the theme in this rom has been taken from his rom GingerCriskeloV79, hope he wont mind. ;)
      link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213225.
    A BIG Thanks to all the developers whose work i've used (begged, borrowed, stolen),,,, hope they wont mind.

CHANGELOG

v2.0

1. Base changed to latest XXJVT, modem to DDJV5.

2. Kernel is now Darkcore 4.1

3. Default Launcher changed to 'GO Launcher ex', and file explorer to 'File Expert'.
    Note:- This time, I've included the launcher and file manager as data apps and not system apps, so if you don't like them you can easily uninstall them. But do remember to install some other launcher/explorer before removing them or else you will be left with no launcher/explorer.

4. some heavy modifications and theming dont to framework, dialer, phone, message, and the rom itself.

5. Customisable statusbar toggle buttons.

v1.2

1. Inbuild kernel changed from Galaxian 1.1 to Darkcore 2.9

2. Oversensitive Brightness bug fixed.

3. Default message app changed, now you can send free sms anywhere in india from your phone.
    Could you post some ScreenShots please?