[GUIDE] How to change the Sprint banner using CDMA workshop

Search This thread

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
What to change the Sprint banner to something else?

Well here is how.

This is a rough guide, maybe I'll get ambitious and spruce it up when I have some more time...

Install HTC Sync if you haven't already..
Get it here.
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=933&news_id=631

Gonna need the HTC Diag drivers, least I did... these work fine:
http://rapidshare.com/files/293529424/HTC_Hero_DIAG_Drivers.zip x86 32bit

Here are the /64 bit drivers thanks to techwerkz
http://www.techwerkz.com/evo/HTCDiagDrivers.zip

[highlight]Mod edit: No linking to warez site or suggesting users to get warez is allowed[/highlight]

Enter DIAG mode, dial ##diag#, let windows install the drivers...most likely it won't find the HTC DIAG drivers, but they are in the link above... get it installed.

Now in CDMA workshop, you really don't want to be effin' with stuff you aren't sure what it is... but we are here to change the banner right? riight so don't be changing anything else and you'll be a-ok.

Select your port, hit connect, hit read... goto the NAM tab...hit Read ...change the Banner from "Sprint" to whatever..hit "Write".... then you can reboot the phone and its done.

To find your port...

25fu7nq.png

Select your port, hit connect then hit read. ( picture shows "Disconnect" only because I already pushed connect... )

16hk8w5.png

Goto the NAM tab, hit read, change the banner, hit write. Reboot your phone

11gn67a.png

Enjoy!
2vdh9om.png

Mods if there is a problem with me posting the link to isohunt, I'll gladly remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Evolbor

skoobz

Jan 21, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Looks good. My 64bit w7 gave me a hard time, it wouldn't install the drivers correctly so I wasn't able to do it last night. I was however, successful when I used my work's xp this morning so it works now.

Thanks!

re2gie01

Jun 18, 2010
Got it!! For all those with win7 64bit, I have attached the appropriate driver to get the HTC Diag working. Verified this on my machine and installed no problems.

Attachments

• HtcUsbMdmV64.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 892

Berner

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
Got it!! For all those with win7 64bit, I have attached the appropriate driver to get the HTC Diag working. Verified this on my machine and installed no problems.

Didn't work for me. Windows 7 64 bit.

Edit: It does work on Windows 7 x64. The 64 bit drivers will not be recognized or installed by the Windows 7 automatically. You must force the installation of the drivers by choosing the "Browse" option then "Let Me Pick" option then the "Have Disk" option.

Last edited:

mistersquirrle

Jun 11, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thanks, that's awesome. I got it working no problem, just followed your instructions :)
I was sad though, it only lets you put up 12 characters :( I was going to put up Mistersquirrle but I had to truncate it to Mistrsquirrl. Still great though, thanks :D

YACO

Apr 12, 2008
I did NOT have to install HTC Sync... maybe because I already have the driver installed for adb to work.

But yeah, just had to install the DIAG driver and it worked (Win7 x32)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the steps but in the newer version (of CDMA workshop), it says "Skipped, available in registered version only". (er something to that effect)

I looked around on the site for a while and it seems like registered= paid version.

Am I wrong?
    Well here's the way I've done it to change my BANNER on my EVO.
    1) you need to have you EVO start usuing the HTC Sync first.
    2) after sync hit the home key and go to "phone" and dial ##DIAG# OR (##3424#) extra software would be downloaded which is necessary
    3) NEXT go to "phones and modems" and add a new modem click on "let me find...etc"
    (if there isn't a port assigned to your EVO yet) SEE NOTE BELOW
    I used CDMA workshop (DEMO version) click on the word "port" and set your port by the port number that is assigned to your EVO. click "connect" and it would say that you have successfully connected your EVO. click the "security tab to read "SPC" (security permission code) (six digit) code which is needed to "unlock" the "NAM" to change the BANNER. WRITE THAT SIX DIGIT NUMBER DOWN. close CDMA Workshop and open QPST software that you have. (Have the lastest) if you dont have it send me a PM.
    with the QPST you need to open "system configuration" first you'll see if your phone is connected to the port number you used in CDMA workshop.
    if not, click on "add a port"
    then at the top tabs you see "system client" click on "service programming" then another window would open and you will see the same information stated that your phone is ready (on-line) then click "OK" click at the bottom "read phone"
    it's going to ask you for that SPC code (six digits) then go to the "DISPLAY" tab and you'll see the BANNER write what you want and hit "write phone" you're going to see an error message (that's normal) your phone would reboot then you're see your NEW BANNER! Whew! that was a mouthful!

Here are the links:
    "for CDMA Workshop v3.7 (DEMO version)"
    "for QPST tool v2.7 build366"

:eek:***NOTE***:eek:
    In "phones and modems" click the port assigned to your EVO go to properties>advanced tab>advanced port settings.. that's where you can change your port number. click on link for more precise instructions

"How to clear or reset com port.html"

The link is very helpful when you're having a "port" problem (knowing that your port information is correct)

Sent from my NOT ROOTED EVO 4G using XDA App (originally created);)
    What to change the Sprint banner to something else?

Well here is how.

This is a rough guide, maybe I'll get ambitious and spruce it up when I have some more time...

Install HTC Sync if you haven't already..
    Get it here.
    http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=933&news_id=631

Gonna need the HTC Diag drivers, least I did... these work fine:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/293529424/HTC_Hero_DIAG_Drivers.zip x86 32bit

Here are the /64 bit drivers thanks to techwerkz
    http://www.techwerkz.com/evo/HTCDiagDrivers.zip

[highlight]Mod edit: No linking to warez site or suggesting users to get warez is allowed[/highlight]

Enter DIAG mode, dial ##diag#, let windows install the drivers...most likely it won't find the HTC DIAG drivers, but they are in the link above... get it installed.

Now in CDMA workshop, you really don't want to be effin' with stuff you aren't sure what it is... but we are here to change the banner right? riight so don't be changing anything else and you'll be a-ok.

Select your port, hit connect, hit read... goto the NAM tab...hit Read ...change the Banner from "Sprint" to whatever..hit "Write".... then you can reboot the phone and its done.

To find your port...

25fu7nq.png

Select your port, hit connect then hit read. ( picture shows "Disconnect" only because I already pushed connect... )

16hk8w5.png

Goto the NAM tab, hit read, change the banner, hit write. Reboot your phone

11gn67a.png

Enjoy!
    2vdh9om.png

Mods if there is a problem with me posting the link to isohunt, I'll gladly remove it.
    I don't think so
    Is there anyway we can use more letters?
    You should be able to locate it on the web
    That's an invalid thread...and CDMA is $99!!!

BUT I WANNA CHANGE MY BANNER...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:(

Thanks, that hex mod messes with too much...
    Thanks, that hex mod messes with too much...

So was this difficult to do? The port part looks like it could be confusing.