Sixaxis controller is here!

Search This thread

werex

May 18, 2010
tried it with another program because of the fact that the sixaxis pair tool didn´t find my controller...(windows 7 did find my sixaxis..)
so the programm with which i tried was "motioninjoy"...after i set the master bluetooth address the programm (i bought the original from market) on my android phone won´t find the controller...:/
what´s wrong?
i had checked the support of my phone (htc desire with CM7) with the compatibilitychecker before i bought the paid app...
running windows 7 x64 on my notebook.

greetings

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
tried it with another program because of the fact that the sixaxis pair tool didn´t find my controller...(windows 7 did find my sixaxis..)
so the programm with which i tried was "motioninjoy"...after i set the master bluetooth address the programm (i bought the original from market) on my android phone won´t find the controller...:/
what´s wrong?
i had checked the support of my phone (htc desire with CM7) with the compatibilitychecker before i bought the paid app...
running windows 7 x64 on my notebook.

greetings
With motioninjoy you need to enter each block of numbers in reverse. If the address of your phone is reported as 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f then you need to enter it as 6f:5e:4d:3c:2b:1a into motioninjoy. Otherwise you could try the new version of SixaxisPairTool out and let me know if it works better now :)

Reactions: theeedy

werex

May 18, 2010
if i write the master address of my desire in reserve in the motioninjoy tool it works wonderful!
thank you for your help!

cheers

Bedeadu

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
With motioninjoy you need to enter each block of numbers in reverse. If the address of your phone is reported as 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f then you need to enter it as 6f:5e:4d:3c:2b:1a into motioninjoy. Otherwise you could try the new version of SixaxisPairTool out and let me know if it works better now :)

Finally...just spent a LONG time trying to put get the master BT MAC ID in.

Tried your updated (V2) tool, but getting "error...driver could not be installed". Been trying with MotionJoy, and after just reading your comment about reversing #, it paired right away...thank you!

infernix

Oct 7, 2007
Please get in touch with the FPSE guys for full Dualshock controller support. Being able to play PS1 games with an actual Dualshock controller is going to be so much win, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

0mie

Dec 2, 2007
Seattle
Idiots guide to paring...it took me AGES to figure out something simple, lets see if I can help others.

1. Download Compatibility Checker and make sure your device is supported...if it is you will see

6zve6a.png

2. If your device is supported purchase SixAxis Controller, if it isn't try another ROM like CM7...HTC devices don't have the correct BT Stack or some newer Samsung devices

3. download SixAxis Pair Tool

Install and Launch the Paring Tool, you will see

20k6ohc.png

Input the BT Mac Address from step 1, hit update and unplug the device

4. Open SixAxis Controller and hit Start. You should see connection established, that means the Pairing is complete from step 3.

2crsena.png

5. Select change input method and make sure you select SixAxis Controller

2v2xt83.png

hit PS button on PS3 controller and you should now see Client Connected, that means all buttons should now work.

2weewb6.png

6. Map your keys to what best fits you

157bx2.png

7. Launch SNESoid or whatever emulator you're using...go to settings...other settings...make sure Use input method is selected (this was my mistake at not getting the controller to work with the games)

1zz439g.png

8. ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1YRtwna1I

Reactions: wscott9903

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
Works with every emulator I've tried (SNES, NES, PSX, etc). It should also work with any games that allow you to bind keys to the active Input Method.

sivallakos

Jan 4, 2011
Nicosia
hey man great work.
could please look into the desire hd?
it says missing required protocol.
i am running leedroid 3.2.1 rom and the leedroid 3.2.0 BFS kernel.

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
Don't know but I posted a similar thread like this like 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
I'm glad I heard about this, bought your app and it works fantastic.

The controller doesn't wake my PS3 anymore though, I assume I need to put the old bluetooth address back on via the pair tool? I will need to keep this address pretty safe :p

sivallakos

Jan 4, 2011
Nicosia

The controller doesn't wake my PS3 anymore though, I assume I need to put the old bluetooth address back on via the pair tool? I will need to keep this address pretty safe :p

try connecting it with the cable.
turn on the ps3
connect the sixaxis with the cable
press the sixaxis on button

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011

Should be no need for that. When you plug the controller into your PS3 via USB cable, it should switch back automatically. After doing this, you will need to use SixaxisPairTool again to use it with your phone.

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
Did you try it with FPSE? It only seems to respond to movement while playing even though I can bind all keys just fine :confused:
It works fine with FPse for me. Did you change the actual bindings from within FPse? Settings -> Input -> Hardware Keys. Then make sure 'Enable hardware keys' is on, and that there is a value for UP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, TRIANGLE, etc.

telemarketme

Sep 26, 2010
Droid 3 + Sixaxis Controller

I've been trying to get this to work on my Droid 3 using the compatibility checker app from the market. I'm unsure if my device is compatible. I followed the instructions provided in the app and on the website, but I am getting stuck at Bluetooth pairing. When I try to pair the PS3 remote it asks me for a PIN. I've tried a bunch of PINs to no avail and I can't choose to not enter a PIN.
Also, when I am in the compatibility checker app the only readout when I hit start is Driver Started and when I hit start it does not display the local bluetooth address.

Any chance I can get this to work with the Droid 3 or is this indication of an incompatible device?

0mie

Dec 2, 2007
Seattle
I've been trying to get this to work on my Droid 3 using the compatibility checker app from the market. I'm unsure if my device is compatible. I followed the instructions provided in the app and on the website, but I am getting stuck at Bluetooth pairing. When I try to pair the PS3 remote it asks me for a PIN. I've tried a bunch of PINs to no avail and I can't choose to not enter a PIN.
Also, when I am in the compatibility checker app the only readout when I hit start is Driver Started and when I hit start it does not display the local bluetooth address.

Any chance I can get this to work with the Droid 3 or is this indication of an incompatible device?

There is no root for the D3 yet, so this app won't work on it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used to provide feedback and troubleshooting for the Sixaxis Controller and Compatibility Checker apps.

If you have a device that you would like to see supported, and you're happy to step few a bit of debugging to help me determine the issue then please let me know, and preferably provide a screenshot of any error messages.

I'm doing my best to add support for new devices (especially HTC and Samsung), but it seems that it might not always be possible to add compatibility. In this case, the only option for running the app on said device is with an AOSP based rom such as CyanogenMod.

Also, throughout the thread I will occasionally be posting beta versions of the app that include new experimental features. I would be most appreciative of any feedback from those willing to test these new features.

For those looking for help with touch profiles, mythek88 has put together a master list here with a growing list of games. Hopefully at some stage I will add the ability to share profiles directly through the app.

Regards,

Earl
    Any way to get this working on OSX?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've been meaning to add details to the website for OSX, but in the meantime, here are the instructions:

1. Download libusb.pkg.tar.gz from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/, unzip, run and install.

2. Download sixpair for OS X here - http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/sixpair

3. Open Terminal, navigate to the folder your file is in (i.e. if the file downloaded into your Downloads folder, you should just have to type "cd Downloads" to get there) and type 'chmod 755 sixpair'.

4. Plug your PS3 controller into your Mac via the USB cable.

5. In Terminal again, type './sixpair 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F' where "1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F" is the "Local Bluetooth Address" that the Sixaxis controller app gives you.

6. Unplug the PS3 controller, start the Sixaxis controller app, and then press the home button on your PS3 controller.
    There is a new hope! The dev posted some good news on his website:
    http://dancingpixelstudios.com/2016/05/24/marshmallow/
    Anyway to get this working on my s6000 10.1

I have an MTK device on order now, so hopefully won't be long!
    Good news to report. MTK devices should now be supported! This will all depend on other MTK devices using the same libraries, but everything I've seen so far indicates it's fairly standard across devices. Please try the attached compatibility checker and let me know your findings. Hopefully we can get a high compatibility rate on the first try! :)

I should also mention that if you installed the libbt_hci.so and related modules posted earlier in the thread, please be sure to remove these first, as they will stop the app from moving past connection type 1.