[ROM][AOSP][BAREBONES] Sakura no Hik@Ri

Search This thread

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
Code:
[URL="https://www.box.com/s/3fc007e1de44530c2141"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]>>> 1a: Download (Kernel) <<< [/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?bcj4ab6wib7s33y"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]>>> 1b: Download (System) <<< [/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
2: Installation:
>> flash both system.img & boot.img via fastboot:
# fastboot flash system system.img
# fastboot flash boot boot.img
>> Reboot DIRECTLY from bootloader into recovery & format your DATA + CACHE
3: Issues:
>> The regular issue plaguing other builds (0.5s rotate, WiFi tether - I'm working on that one, BT-repair)
4: Features:
>> This is as AOSP as you can get (with a few additions here & there, mostly hardware support).
Optimisations: both kernel as well as userland; there is no need to get into the technical details & how this rom differs from others; I'm not a supporter of self-propaganda. See for yourself.
>> Hik@Ri is geared towards my private needs. It certainly isn't built to "satisfy the masses", although it should be able to serve as a stable and performant base for most of you. My personal philosophy is minimalism, performance and stability, which is why you should bear in mind that this is an AOSP/vanilla ROM (no Sense or other bloated UI). The standard launcher is apex; there is thus no need to upload screenshots.
>> You need to install all your favourite software. Since everyone has his own preferences, these would be treated as bloat by some people should they have been bundled with the release. Which is why I uploaded a skinny version.
5: End notes:
>> I would like this thread to remain clutter-free, which is why, although I appreciate motivation & thanks, please refrain from posting "thanks", "can't wait to try it" etc.
What I'm expecting? ONLY constructive criticism and dev-related discussion.
>> I will not be posting changelogs so do not ask for those. Do not ask for additional features. Do not ask for CW zips. The only format I will be posting is a system image. Bug fix uploads are referenced in the post concerning the release, as well as a short note in post #1.

Last edited:

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
Is it CM based or AOKP or pure AOSP build from google source? I believe you were also working on CM based rom. What happened to that?

Pure AOSP (with just a few patches adding proper hardware support & functionality). It's stated in the 1st post.
This is NOT cm/aokp, & no, I was never working on a cm version. I just posted in interpresentation's thread.

Reactions: taha198

mick7575

I installed this yesterday. It seems rock solid, battery life seems great and no issues so far. The only little problem I'm having, not really a problem, but the /system seems to be packed mighty tight. I use mybackup pro to restore my apn settings which needs to be in /system/apps and theres no space for it. Even adaway was complaining that there wasnt any room for the hosts file.

I havent had my One X for long but one of the better Roms for sure

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
I installed this yesterday. It seems rock solid, battery life seems great and no issues so far. The only little problem I'm having, not really a problem, but the /system seems to be packed mighty tight. I use mybackup pro to restore my apn settings which needs to be in /system/apps and theres no space for it. Even adaway was complaining that there wasnt any room for the hosts file.

I'll try to leave a few mb's next time. My next build is ready, with even more optimisations, but I might not have time to upload it today.
I will post checksums with the next release so you can track changes.

any screen shots please?

Pure aosp + apex launcher - no screens needed.

guess there is no way to customize toggles on notification bar or am i missing something?

no, but if you need it (& I find some free time) I can send you a modified system with the toggles you want.

leventccc

Jan 31, 2011
Istanbul
Can you provide a update zip too? I want to install but fastboot method is not working on me.

I'm getting this
C:\Users\Leventc>fastboot flash system desktop/system.img
sending 'system' (182345 KB)...
OKAY [ 22.335s]
writing 'system'...
(bootloader) Format partition APP done
FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 28.930s

D3VICE

Dec 4, 2010
Grozny
I'm very interested in this, I love minimalism too and I'm always looking for ROMS that are just clean, without all the extra apps, tweaks and whatnot that developers tend to throw in.
Just a question though, I'll be needing g-apps for this right? To get the Google Market and what not, which g-apps version will work best with this, or are the Google apps already included in this ROM?

Also, how is the stability? Do apps crash often? I have been on all the other AOSP based ROMS and I've had problems with the below apps, can anyone with this ROM see and if they work normally?
  • Instagram (Try going into settings and other sections of the app, it always crashed on me when doing that)
  • Zedge

EDIT: I can confirm that this ROM is just awesome.
It's the fastest I've tried yet, and haven't come across a single FC/crash/freeze yet and I've tried a lot of apps and changed a lot of settings.

Thanks a lot for this!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [URL="https://www.box.com/s/3fc007e1de44530c2141"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]>>> 1a: Download (Kernel) <<< [/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?bcj4ab6wib7s33y"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]>>> 1b: Download (System) <<< [/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    2: Installation:
    >> flash both system.img & boot.img via fastboot:
    # fastboot flash system system.img
    # fastboot flash boot boot.img
    >> Reboot DIRECTLY from bootloader into recovery & format your DATA + CACHE
    3: Issues:
    >> The regular issue plaguing other builds (0.5s rotate, WiFi tether - I'm working on that one, BT-repair)
    4: Features:
    >> This is as AOSP as you can get (with a few additions here & there, mostly hardware support).
    Optimisations: both kernel as well as userland; there is no need to get into the technical details & how this rom differs from others; I'm not a supporter of self-propaganda. See for yourself.
    >> Hik@Ri is geared towards my private needs. It certainly isn't built to "satisfy the masses", although it should be able to serve as a stable and performant base for most of you. My personal philosophy is minimalism, performance and stability, which is why you should bear in mind that this is an AOSP/vanilla ROM (no Sense or other bloated UI). The standard launcher is apex; there is thus no need to upload screenshots.
    >> You need to install all your favourite software. Since everyone has his own preferences, these would be treated as bloat by some people should they have been bundled with the release. Which is why I uploaded a skinny version.
    5: End notes:
    >> I would like this thread to remain clutter-free, which is why, although I appreciate motivation & thanks, please refrain from posting "thanks", "can't wait to try it" etc.
    What I'm expecting? ONLY constructive criticism and dev-related discussion.
    >> I will not be posting changelogs so do not ask for those. Do not ask for additional features. Do not ask for CW zips. The only format I will be posting is a system image. Bug fix uploads are referenced in the post concerning the release, as well as a short note in post #1.

I'll try to leave a few mb's next time. My next build is ready, with even more optimisations, but I might not have time to upload it today.
    I will post checksums with the next release so you can track changes.

any screen shots please?

Pure aosp + apex launcher - no screens needed.

guess there is no way to customize toggles on notification bar or am i missing something?

no, but if you need it (& I find some free time) I can send you a modified system with the toggles you want.
    Did this Rom get any newer versions? And is it still being worked on?

Sent from my HTC One X

Yes it is.
    Some small changes have been merged, but these were not significant enough to upload.
    I am working on a 4.1 version at the moment.
    How's progress on the JB version? And if you need a beta tester, just let me know ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I'm working on it in my free time; the kernel is done, android userland optimisation is done; I just need to work out a few kinks here & there & it'll be done.
    Maybe by next weekend.
    Is it CM based or AOKP or pure AOSP build from google source? I believe you were also working on CM based rom. What happened to that?

Pure AOSP (with just a few patches adding proper hardware support & functionality). It's stated in the 1st post.
    This is NOT cm/aokp, & no, I was never working on a cm version. I just posted in interpresentation's thread.