Teclast M89 problem installing TWRP

Search This thread

nexus856

Dec 28, 2009
Hi folks. As the title suggest I'm having problems installing TWRP recovery on teclast M89 tablet. I've tried a few different tutorials with no success. When I do it with fastboot it says that its installed, after that when I try to reboot the device, I'm stuck in bootloop. I've tried to do it a few times and its always the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Syntr@nic

May 24, 2017
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy A10

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Jmlanner

Jmlanner

Dec 2, 2013
Moncton

Syntr@nic

May 24, 2017
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy A10

Syntr@nic

May 24, 2017
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy A10
Tried it . Still cores1-3 offline. Perhaps I messed my kernel up through rooting and disabling encryption?
My setup:
TWRP (thanks @ValdikSS), encryption disabled, root with latest superSU, framework patched for signatur spoofing & microG.
Core 1 - 3 most offline, only core 0 running and on load core 4 + 5. All cores running only on heavy load. (cpuburn with 20 or more threads)

Sent from my Teclast M89 using XDA Labs

Jmlanner

Dec 2, 2013
Moncton
My setup:
TWRP (thanks @ValdikSS), encryption disabled, root with latest superSU, framework patched for signatur spoofing & microG.
Core 1 - 3 most offline, only core 0 running and on load core 4 + 5. All cores running only on heavy load. (cpuburn with 20 or more threads)
My setup:
TWRPalso from ValdikSs, encryption disabled. Root via patching boot.img with Magisk 19.3.

Syntr@nic

May 24, 2017
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy A10
I have several apps.3C Toolbox Pro, EX Kernal Manger.FX Kernel Manger, and Kernel Auditor. I can't turn on cores 1-3 no matter what I try or what load I put on the CPU.
What I would do if I were you:
Make a Nandroid backup, flash the stock rom and check if all cores are running.
If the problem persists, it seems to be a defect of the device.

Reactions: Jmlanner

Syntr@nic

May 24, 2017
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy A10
So I took my M89 right back to stock via sptool. Still can't get cores 1-3 to come online with cpuburn. Perhaps I got a factory second MT8176 with fused cores?. I am thinking it maybe time to contact Teclast and ask why they sold me a three core device instead of a six core!
But with 3 cores less, the battery lasts longer. ;)
Good luck with your communication with Teclast.
I am very satisfied with my device.

kamuikun

Mar 16, 2012
neko.works
@ValdikSS

Do you have the files for the Teclast M89 Pro? I've tried but the M89 files don't work on the Pro.

I think it is a similar device, just the CPU on the Pro have 10 cores VS 8.

I have major issue with the stock firmware, RetroArch have huge slowdowns every 3-4 seconds due to a poorly implemented CPU governor I suppose - hoping to fix that with root.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teclast M89 TWRP 3.3.1

Teclast M89 TWRP 3.3.1

TWRP 3.3.1 for Teclast M89
    The archive includes:
    • ZIP file for flashing via stock recovery
    • IMG file for flashing via fastboot
    • TWRP source code
    Teclast M89 uses well-known firmware signature Android keys (test keys), that's why you can flash TWRP without unlocking the bootloader and erasing user data.
    Installation instruction is inside the archive.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117883832

My small Teclast M89 website: https://teclast-m89.neocities.org/
    This TWRP worked like a charm for me. I had already rooted via Magisk- but was really looking for a working TWRP for backing up before I really went crazy with mods.
    Thanks so much!!

Make sure to backup nvram, nvdata, private partitions.
    Hi, i tried this method but couldnt boot in system, only twrp all the time. after initial install this TWRP 3.3.1, it bootlooped in twrp but storage wasnt seen in pc, so i formatted data and restarted in twrp. from there it couldnt restart system anymore. actually i managed to flash magisk 19.3 . i flased another version of twrp 3.2.3 that seemed to work fine, to see if it was the version, and it bootloops (restarts until logo) all the time. Any hint please?

It says in little print "your device now unlocked...your device will boot in 5 seconds" but restart. Cant get it into fastboot by volume up; unresponsive at all. just bootloops in logo.
    Any help is very much appreciated. thanks
    Hi
    I think you are going to have to reflash the original Rom using SPFlahtool. Then you must install Magisk Manage on tabletr. Copy the boot image from the ROM files to Your phone. Then use Magisk Manager to Patch the copied boot image. Transfer modified boot image to PC. Use fastboot to flash modified boot image back onto the tablet. The long and the short of it is - you need to find a way to patch the boot image with Magisk before any TWRP will work.
    Hi, i tried this method but couldnt boot in system, only twrp all the time. after initial install this TWRP 3.3.1, it bootlooped in twrp but storage wasnt seen in pc, so i formatted data and restarted in twrp. from there it couldnt restart system anymore. actually i managed to flash magisk 19.3 . i flased another version of twrp 3.2.3 that seemed to work fine, to see if it was the version, and it bootloops (restarts until logo) all the time. Any hint please?

It says in little print "your device now unlocked...your device will boot in 5 seconds" but restart. Cant get it into fastboot by volume up; unresponsive at all. just bootloops in logo.
    Any help is very much appreciated. thanks

It seems OEM unlock fills "para" partition with some data which forces it to boot into recovery. Stock recovery reads this data and perform data partition wipe or something similar, but TWRP does not handle this data and you get a boot loop. You can fix that by cleaning "para" partition. Execute the following command while booted into TWRP, either from TWRP terminal itself or from adb shell:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0/by-name/para
    Where do I find that.I have looked but not found a "ultra battersaver setting.
    I have it in quick settings tiles