Who Runs Stock?

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
So Who here runs stock rom?

Do you run stock rom with Xposed or do you find better performance in running a rom?

chipworkz

Dec 28, 2011
I am running completely stock except for being rooted. I just haven't found a need to run anything else. Performance is awesome stock and I don't have time to deal with my phone much interns of playing. I need it for my work and it does everything just fine.

On my old Droid Razr Maxx, I used to put together my own Roms, but I just haven't felt the need at all with this phone.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I run stock 4.3, rooted. Been contemplating upgrading to 4.4.2 stock, but AFAIK, none of the root preserve KNOX.

Nowadays I stay with stock, less problem.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I was running stock 4.3 since I got my phone release day but decided to root and upgrade to 4.4.2 a few days ago and retain root so I can do the SD card mod. Wanted to see what the hype was about. I regret upgrading to kit kat but at least I'm rooted and Knox still intact and still "official" device status. So I'm still in warranty.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I was running stock 4.3 since I got my phone but decided to root and upgrade to 4.4.2 a few days ago and retain root to see what the hype was about. I regret upgrading to kit kat but at least I'm rooted and Knox still in fact and still "official" device status. So I'm still in warranty.

What's bad about KK that made you regret the upgrade?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007

More battery drain. Can't use foxfi anymore so I'm trying to find another method to tether. Nova launcher animation reverts to opening app from center instead of opening from the icon location. Lost my ripple lock effect when connected to galaxy gear.

There's no benefit to kit kat for me. But now I'm stuck till someone figured out how to revert back.

Reactions: lanwarrior

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
More battery drain. Can't use foxfi anymore so I'm trying to find another method to tether. Nova launcher animation reverts to opening app from center instead of opening from the icon location. Lost my ripple lock effect when connected to galaxy gear.

There's no benefit to kit kat for me. But now I'm stuck till someone figured out how to revert back.

My Note 3 came with 4.4.2 when I got it. havent had an issue with anything yet (Coming from an Nexus 5) Tethering isant an issue as I have AT&T and have not had an issue with the T-Mobile tethering app.

Have been thinking about putting the S5 Messaging app and S5 accuweather widget but so far thats about All I want just for root.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
My Note 3 came with 4.4.2 when I got it. havent had an issue with anything yet (Coming from an Nexus 5) Tethering isant an issue as I have AT&T and have not had an issue with the T-Mobile tethering app.

Have been thinking about putting the S5 Messaging app and S5 accuweather widget but so far thats about All I want just for root.

You've never had note with 4.3 so you won't see the difference with battery life. Specially coming from a nexus 5. I used to get 6-7 hour on screen time. Not talking standby time. T-Mobile tethering app limits me to my 3gb T-Mobile tether plan. With foxfi it bypasses it so I have unlimited tethering.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks

Have you tried pdanet? It says it supports 4.4.2 and if you already bought the foxfi key that will also unlock and work on pdanet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rawrfische

Aug 6, 2011
California
I run stock ROM and love it. LeanKernel, root, Xposed, Foreverloco's inverted dialer and a few ported S5 apps are all I need to be happy. I'm usually one to run crazy modded ROMs, but stock MI7, NB4 and NE6 have all been perfectly stable and great on battery for me. I do PSX/PSP emulation, mobile gaming and watch a lot of media on my Note 3, so I'd say performance is fine in stock.

My wife ran stock unrooted MI7 for what seems like forever, until the NB4 OTA got forced onto her phone lol. After that, her phone started to heat up and drain in her pocket. It was easily fixed by a clean wipe and Odin to NE6 though. No problems since.

The only times I didn't run stock ROM on Note 3 were when I was running dwitherell's Tweaked ROM (this thing is a work of art seriously) and sbreen94's HyperDrive (really great NB4 ROM). But since going NE6, I haven't really felt the need to try another modded ROM.

hom.hom

Sep 5, 2009
I am curently running stock, but I am looking for a variant of multirom for the Note 3 (N9005). And I think I might have found it in safestrap.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Have you tried pdanet? It says it supports 4.4.2 and if you already bought the foxfi key that will also unlock and work on pdanet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip but it looks to be the same as foxfi in which it currently only supports Verizon kitkat note 3 devices only for now.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006

You've never had note with 4.3 so you won't see the difference with battery life. Specially coming from a nexus 5. I used to get 6-7 hour on screen time. Not talking standby time. T-Mobile tethering app limits me to my 3gb T-Mobile tether plan. With foxfi it bypasses it so I have unlimited tethering.

Does Foxfi really bypass the tethering limit on 4.3?

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Stock 4.42 rooted. Knox is blown but don't care. Use Xposed and a number of other root apps. Battery use is good, no real issues unlike what others have reported. Have TWRP recovery, but mainly for use to make backups. No plans out interest to change ROMS or kernel

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007

Does Foxfi really bypass the tethering limit on 4.3?

It does. I was actually using it before I upgraded to the new plan with 3gb free tethering. Only had the unlimited data option then. Had to make an empty apn and activate before I ran foxfi for it to work.

Last edited:

Pajar0913

Mar 5, 2013
Omaha
I'm running stock everything non root. I updated OTA to KK. Phone lags once in a while. And my battery seems to be going very quick compared to my wife's note3. She can go 2 days on one battery. ( all she plays is candy crush lol). Other than that I'd say it's the best phone We've owned..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.