*UPDATED*Free Invisible military grade protection for HTC HD2,with instruction now

Search This thread

inabeyance

Feb 9, 2007
can I put affiliate link here? does anyone mind that?

I think you will find that the majority of forum users will consider it to show poor form. Bad netiquette. It is great to bring to the attention of others a good deal or bargain. But to profit from it, even in kind rather than cash, can put people off.

But to get the official word wait for the moderator to get back to you. Although you may wish to think of the impression that it gives to your forum going peers.

Last edited:

Oo Alias oO

Mar 31, 2010
Cheshire
I wonder if they affect the touch responce on the phone at all? Had something like this for my ipod and you had to press down harder :|

sylau90

Feb 7, 2010
I wonder if they affect the touch responce on the phone at all? Had something like this for my ipod and you had to press down harder :|
This one I not sure...sorry about that, but you can click the link on the first post...that will lead you to the instruction in Evo thread...so maybe you can read the feedback at there. For this moment,all of us waiting our shield to be shipped includes myself...once we received it. We definitely will share our experiences here...

sylau90

Feb 7, 2010
Hi,FYI...I have checked through all the evo thread some are happy with the shield...and some are not(because the layout for evo is very hard for them to install/paste on their phones especially the sides)...but in the htc HD2...i already check the layout...we don't need to bother about the sides...we just got back and front and battery cover...I think it shouldn't be hard for us to paste...because the sides of EVO are pretty thin.

j2l84u

Sep 2, 2010
Why are you still using your affiliate link

so you still put that affiliate link on your first post eh -.-
why dont you just admit that your goal is to make money off of those clicks and DONT give us some bs about how you deserve some "credit" for finding this information. for YOUR information the stealth guards promotion has been going on since early august and im sure almost every phone on xda has a thread about it.

did you not read what the other user posted at all? It is discouraged and considered inappropriate to post affiliate links. I dont see any other of these threads with an affiliate link so why do you feel the need to post yours.

your shadiness and opportunistic nature is not welcome here. Either take off your affiliate link and leave the normal one there or you will be banned trust me.

j2l84u

Sep 2, 2010
and dont argue that you are giving viewers and option to click either the affiliate or the normal link. what is the point of posting your affiliate link other than to earn money.

take it off and just leave your normal link, since you said it yourself. you supposedly "dont care about making any money" SO PROVE IT THEN!

sylau90

Feb 7, 2010
and dont argue that you are giving viewers and option to click either the affiliate or the normal link. what is the point of posting your affiliate link other than to earn money.

take it off and just leave your normal link, since you said it yourself. you supposedly "dont care about making any money" SO PROVE IT THEN!
If I take 50% or more donate to the forum and HTC LINUX devs,will you trust me?please take your flame to other thread,stop flooding here...and I put both link is everything up to the users,on how they think...you can't control that...Furthermore,you can go to the HTC desire thread and check for stealthgurad thread,that guy is using affiliate thread and totally didnt mention to the users...I think the one should read is you...you can see what I have posted and commented recently,what I do is just for the interest of users,forum and devs...please do something more meaningful than flaming...no offence....Do you want evidence???

here is the confirmation number(donated to Dcordes htc linux devs):9XW03461LM100622E

I can tell you now,until this moment i haven't and not eligible to collect any money from the company...do you learn business before?they will just let you earn easy money by just a click?they have professional calculus expert,ok?they definitely won't loss...

now I just use the user power to make some money from third parties go back to devs pocket...basic theory...I am helping user donate money back to devs and they no need to take any money out of their pocket...furthermore,this a win-win process...everyone gains the benefit...

I already opened another thread, which is called [support our devs],now is buried...since everyone heard about money...Please again...think before post...don't simply flame...

Last edited:

dynamisoz

Jun 4, 2009
i hope no one buys this!!!!!
this crap suckss......it feels so RUBBERY!! i just threw mine away...

mn3kgtvr4

Nov 9, 2007
For the money this is a great set of stickers, pretty much the same thing as Invisibleshield and others. I did end up taking the screen protector part off since I got tired of pressing down harder on links.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I ordered one today and a couple of my friends who have just got iPhone4's ordered one for themselves too. I've only just read the comments about it being rubbery and i am slightly concerned by that. I would be very interested to hear johnerz's thoughts.

The difficulty with responsiveness could be solved by recalibrating the screen but i'm not sure. In theory, if the film is not very thick then it shouldn't have much of an effect.

tunppi

Feb 6, 2008
For the money this is a great set of stickers, pretty much the same thing as Invisibleshield and others. I did end up taking the screen protector part off since I got tired of pressing down harder on links.

Just received mine. THESE ARE NO WHERE NEAR INVISIBLE SHIELD'S!

These quality is VERY bad, bad cutting, bad material for screen. No spray with the shields, and yes they NEED it. used my invisible shield spray after tried first sticker on without.

I repeat: these are not same material as invisible shield and quality is 100 times worse!
Not even thinking putting one of these on screen. Got Brando protector on it.

will see how long i keep these on my precious HD2, good value for 2$ shipping costs. but if you want quality buy real thing from zagg

putradbm

Aug 18, 2008
just got email from them, that my order has been shipped..

I wonder, when it will arrived at my home...

I read a bad review and good one...
so is this item, worthed or not??

thank you

trakk5c

Jul 27, 2010
Houston TX
just got email from them, that my order has been shipped..

I wonder, when it will arrived at my home...

I read a bad review and good one...
so is this item, worthed or not??

thank you
if you have a box cutter blade or a exacto knife and some clean steady hands then yes i think its worth it; just make sure your device is nice and clean also.

PS. i didnt use the screen piece because it lowers touch responsiveness so i use a thinner screen protector; but the back piece looks and works fine.

rastadoof

Jul 10, 2010
I got mine in the mail the other day....

Gave up trying to fit it in the end. Was way to hard to get off the backing without stretching the cover. When I did get it on it had lots of little micro bubbles that I couldn't smooth out and it did indeed feel a little rubbery.

I've now taken it off an put on another Vikuiti DCQ 160 shield.

ungureanuc

Mar 27, 2010
The Land of Choice
I got mine in the mail the other day....

Gave up trying to fit it in the end. Was way to hard to get off the backing without stretching the cover. When I did get it on it had lots of little micro bubbles that I couldn't smooth out and it did indeed feel a little rubbery.

I've now taken it off an put on another Vikuiti DCQ 160 shield.

Huh guys! I see that is hard for you to find a proper/safe/strong or whatever you'll call this . I live in Europ and i found one very impressive and good shield for my Leo device. It is called Clear Armor, produced by case-mate(dot com). It was maybe a litle expensive in my country (about 20 euros) but it worth every cent, in the box are 2 sets of front, rear and all the other parts of the hd2, I put one set about 3 months ago and so far i have no scratch, i'm very pleased with it. The toucscreen is not affected by this clear armor. On the box, and that's a pro for me, is written NOT Made in China but MADE IN THE USA.

crayola555

Aug 19, 2010
I put mines on and it doesn't look too bad, hope it stays that way. There's like a layer of something like glass "grime" but again not too bad.

Took a pic, kinda bad quality though I just snatched my buddy's camera on the go.

http://yfrog.com/5limgttj

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
Got mine today after ordering two weeks ago, which isn't bad considering that i ordered it from the U.S. and i live in the UK but if you take into account that it took them a week to decide they could be bothered to ship it that's very unsatisfactory.

Now to the product itself. I have used screen protectors before but never an expensive one like is supposed to be and to be honest the cheaper ones had a nicer feel to them. In other words, it feels like a polished mountain bike inner tube!

I'm also having concerns about it actually fitting my EU spec Leo. i've just laid the battery cover over it's respective protector and the protector seems about a milimeter too small height wise.

The protectors for the back also were not cut straight and the corners of the top and bottom sections are far too severly curved for my liking.

All in all i will apply it but i'm not holding my hopes up. If i had paid full price for this i would be on the phone calling them instead of typing this. It's just such a shame that the OP had to lie through his teeth in order to gather interest in this product because it certainly does not match up to his claims with respect to quality and i will be testing the excess with a scalpol a little later to see if it is actually the same material used to coat helicopter blades coz if it is my scalpol won't cut through it.

**UPDATE**

ok so i couldn't wait. No it's not made of the same material used to coat helicopter blades. So if you are looking at this thread thinking "I might give this a go" don't bother

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buy only if you feel it is worth...or feeling want to give it a try...

Click here for Video, see how strong and reliable it is...

I think quite a lot of people don't know how paste this suit to our hd2,so I found this installation instruction from one evo thread...Firstly,Thanks a lot to Fixter

Before you start, here are the things or materials you may need :

**Clean hands (wash that damn cheeto grease off your hands, tard!)
    **Clean HD2 (easy way to clean it is one tiny windex/all purpose cleaner shot to the middle of the screen. Don't even spray, just make it dribble 4-5 drops. try it on your counter before you try it on your PRECIOUS, precious.)
    **A plate, saucer, or the top to a plastic container.
    **No alcohol or perception altering substance in you (this is not rocket science, but you have to stay sharp to successfully complete this mission!)
    **A small amount of dish soap, hand soap or detergent.
    **Time. You will not get great results if you do everything at once. You can probably get away with doing this in three parts, but I'd recommend four. You'll see why later. You should also do this when you feel you won't need to make or take a call or use your phone. This will take a couple of hours.
    **Optional - a cutting board and florescent lighting (it's harder to see the shapes in "yellow" light)

Remember always clean your hand and HD2

**UPDATE**
    -Just got mine today, I realized that there is no need to use water.
    -What I have used are, ruler( to flat& make the air out)...furthermore,I highly recommend that someone can help you to hold something and paste....
    -Devices other than T-mobile US,the stealth guard might be a bit large for ,so you may need to cut some parts(make sure cut after you paste)

Overall, this guard is worth its price and quite strong...Just the process of pasting,might be a bit hard...However don't expect a nice packaging or design. They will just send to you by normal mail.

Hope that this can help you all a lot and enjoy...
    Cheers...

MOD EDIT: Unstuck as their website appears to be offline.
    Just bought 2 for $4,95 shipping fee.
    I am wondering how this protection compares to Invisible shield, clear shield or bodyguardz