Search This thread

ozmulti

Sep 28, 2010
My battery life on Beta 3 is just about half of what it was on Beta 2. Beta 2 was about 19h 30m +/-. Beta 3 is 10h 12m +/-.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Recalibrate your battery. Google Android Battery recalibrate and follow the steps.
I did and my battery with Nero Beta 3 is quite a bit more than beta 2.

mr_hd

Sep 3, 2010
DMV
probably used my phone to check emails and watch about 2 videos online today, it is 2:37am here in DC and my battery is 57%. from 9:00 am yeseterday thats pretty damn good.

joonsim

Oct 21, 2009
Looks like this Rom is missing the stock memo app.
I extracted the memo.apk from the Jk6 Rom and I tried to install it via adb, but it didn't work.
Anybody got the flashable memo.apk? or can anyone tell me how to install manually?

Thanks in advance.

bstromberg

Dec 23, 2009
Sacramento
I extracted the memo.apk from the Jk6 Rom and I tried to install it via adb, but it didn't work.
Anybody got the flashable memo.apk? or can anyone tell me how to install manually?

Thanks in advance.

Don't install it. Push it to /system/app

Thanks in advance.

did you try going into the folder where the .apk file was (with whichever file manager you use) and clicking on it? It should ask you to install through there.
(could be a stupid answer but you never know if that was tried :) )

ozmulti

Sep 28, 2010
How do you recalibrate the battery?

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
by itself.
2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
5. reboot
6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
7. reboot one more time.

(this is not my own writing. I copy pasted.)

nonmindo

I have a problem where I cant pull the status tray down, it will pull down just untill the little icon shows that looks like the AOSP menu icon, then it will get stuck, the only way to resolve it is to reboot... also when new texts are received if I pull the shade down and click the message it will take me to the "compose message" screen and show that nothing had been received, but if I back out of that and access the message directly from the messages app it works... these are 2 issues I haven't seen an answer to...anybody have any good news for me?

ozmulti

Sep 28, 2010
I had this problem in Nero Beta 2 i think. Not in Nero Beta 3

I have a problem where I cant pull the status tray down, it will pull down just untill the little icon shows that looks like the AOSP menu icon, then it will get stuck, the only way to resolve it is to reboot... also when new texts are received if I pull the shade down and click the message it will take me to the "compose message" screen and show that nothing had been received, but if I back out of that and access the message directly from the messages app it works... these are 2 issues I haven't seen an answer to...anybody have any good news for me?

ozmulti

Sep 28, 2010
Bug reporting

I think that the opening post should have a list of the bugs that have been reported AND TAKEN NOTE OF.

So that we know which bugs the ROM maker is aware of. And which bugs they do not know about. I think this would help

lezouave

Nov 19, 2006
Chicago
[...]

I do have a question though, this ROM, as well as my last Obsidian ROM, gives me an FC each time I click display when I have installed fonts that I got from XDA. When I uninstall the fonts everything is all good. Why is that? Am I alone on this one?

I don't know why it happens, but I have seen it, and others have posted about it. It's not every font that causes the problem.

Last edited:

naack

Mar 28, 2005
I think that the opening post should have a list of the bugs that have been reported AND TAKEN NOTE OF.

So that we know which bugs the ROM maker is aware of. And which bugs they do not know about. I think this would help

i second that. seems like they have something like that on google.code.com but it seems a little messy to me. i thought it would be grouped for each rom.

Reactions: ozmulti

ugokind

Sep 19, 2008
attention

I confirm that the mod of Vold.conf + vold.fstab resolvs the strange problems when I try to read any data in windows mounted folders.

but I have no problem with nero3 mms.. so I didn't apply any fix

the gps take from 20 to 40 secs to catch sat data

the bt works fine.. is better that nokia N series.. I'm sure because I have a motorola BT earphone (it has 3 years+ and has a not long battery life) and with nokia after 1 call I have noises in the earphone.. and sometimes it doesn't pair! --> with that rom (and belows) I can call 3 or 4 times without hearing any noises.. so the batt drain of the bt is less than nokia.. so I suppose the conversation and the technology of radio bt comsumes less watt respect the nokia-earphone!?!

btw. I still confirm that with nero3 some photo apps have problem with back button.. the only way to exit is to press home button

I don't know hot to switch to OCLF.. so I test the nero3 krnl and with this.. I have 1 day medium life.
But I think the oclf doesn't do magic! is a better way to access data.. sot to spend less amperes!

bye

atrainer

Dec 31, 2009
I'm on Nero beta 3 + DOW 1.3 ghz, im itching to use the OCLF. Will it brick my phone?

Me 2 with oclf, can i flash this right away or should i ununstall oclf first

Yes, you can use OCLF with Nero Beta 3 + DoW 1.3 ghz.

Always a good idea to uninstall any lagfix before flashing a ROM or kernel.

When flashing a ROM it best to backup all your data to your pc first. You can also backup your apps with Titanium Backup.
It is also recommended to Odin back to JFD first. If already on JFD, back everything up, uninstall lagfix and flash away.

Last edited:
Reactions: copter105

sarge363

Nov 7, 2010
Robstown, Tx
Yes, you can use OCLF with Nero Beta 3 + DoW 1.3 ghz.

Always a good idea to uninstall any lagfix before flashing a ROM or kernel.

When flashing a ROM it best to backup all your data to your pc first. You can also backup your apps with Titanium Backup.
It is also recommended to Odin back to JFD first. If already on JFD, back everything up, uninstall lagfix and flash away.

Done.....2500 Quadrant score and 16 on linpak.......awesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg
    All of Team Whiskeys roms perform a full system wipe​

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Beta 3 is the most stable build yet. Technically, it should be out of beta, but I still have a couple more modifications to throw in. You won't have any problems with this build. PLEASE run this rom as is and report bugs. DO NOT flash this and then flash other kernels or modifications and then post bugs because we'll have no idea if its the rom or the other kernels or mods you've installed causing the problem.

Nero Beta 3:
    - Updated Market
    - Updated VoiceSearch
    - Fixed blurry mms issue
    - Mounting issue fixed (hopefully)
    - Added multiple lock screens and Power menu options (HUGE thanks to Jocelyn for her contribution!)
    - New shutdown sound
    - New livewallpaper
    - New status icons
    - init script edits for a little extra speed (still tweaking to get it just right)
    - Framework edits

Please check out our forum for tons of extras, and don't forget to visit us in our IRC for any help you may need, we're happy to assist.

Nero Beta 2:
    - Full JL1 base with our modifications of course
    - Heavily modified to look and feel like the nexus s (gingerbread)
    - Fixed the black text on black submenu issue. its not white text on black as it should be.
    - Modified init scripts for added speed
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated YouTube
    - Additional Framework edits
    - New Bootanimation

Download:
    Nero Beta 3
    me too #nohomo
    I replaced the background of the stock Nexus LWP to the background of the gingerbread Nexus LWP made by the3dman. It completes the gingerbread look :cool: Clockwork flashable zip included.

nexus.jpgsnap20101210004741.jpg
    Thanks for the tip. But are you sure resetting the battery stats after flashing a new ROM won't mess up the battery life in any manner? Wanna be sure about this before I start doing this.

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
    words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
    stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
    ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
    your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
    a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
    by itself.
    2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
    3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
    4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
    5. reboot
    6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
    7. reboot one more time.

p.s. cheers to TW for this lightning fast rom :)
    sorry to bother you guys. can anyone please help with a functional link for downloading stock T959UVJFD.. need to odin it before upgrading to nero beta 2. all the links on xda so far are broken and been unsuccessful trying to download.

here you go my friend:
    http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L

full odin package, comes with pit and ODin ;)
    T959UVJFD