*Help* Bricked phone on vacation!

Search This thread

Keuka79

Jul 30, 2011
I am on vacation and my fassy decided to stay in recovery upon boot. It gets stuck in boot loop. I'm running AOKP Build 30 w/ Glitch. My fiance has a macbook with her however, everything I've read says that we can't use Mac for rooting or restoring fassy's. Is there anyway to get out of the boot loop with an option in clockwork. From what I understand we can't use the two button hard boot with ICS roms. I could use some help, I'd rather not be without my phone for a week.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

sheamolt

Apr 7, 2009
I am on vacation and my fassy decided to stay in recovery upon boot. It gets stuck in boot loop. I'm running AOKP Build 30 w/ Glitch. My fiance has a macbook with her however, everything I've read says that we can't use Mac for rooting or restoring fassy's. Is there anyway to get out of the boot loop with an option in clockwork. From what I understand we can't use the two button hard boot with ICS roms. I could use some help, I'd rather not be without my phone for a week.

Thanks guys

Is there anyway to access a Windows computer? With Parallels, VMWare, a virtual computer lab, or something else?

If so, follow http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070

If no, Hiemdall http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

Goodluck

Keuka79

Jul 30, 2011
Apparently there's no driver for samsung fascinate with mac connectivity. I downloaded Heimall and the full tar package but didn't work. Does anyone know how to generically attatch my phone to the computer. Someone said something about a generic connection as a drive that works with heimall. I'm pretty pissed and can't seem to get this work. I'll pry end up just going down to a lab and hogging that for thirty minutes or so.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Heimdall has its own driver. It'll be in the driver folder in the suite. Also I'd use an older version of heimdall suite if you can. The newer version tried to streamline things but ended up being a downgrade IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Keuka79

Jul 30, 2011
I tried to use Heimdall but couldn't locate the driver. I then located a "exitrecovery.zip" that was supposed to be flashed in cwm. I used my gf's phone to download it then switched sd cards and that didn't work. Still stuck in cwm loop. I can't get to a pc where i can download Odin software to. There's no other flashable file i can find to help me get out of this loop.

Top Liked Posts