Anyone way to make the Note 3 lighter/leaner?

Search This thread

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
Just got a Note 3 for my wife, and I am not ready to root/unlock and install a custom ROM on it yet.

But this phone just have too much junk on it. Anyway to make it lighter an leaner? What's safe to remove/uninstall?

thanks much

Cojam1

Mar 27, 2011
Sorry what is TB?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

"Titanium Backup". You have a lot of reading to do in the general threads. Depending on your firmware version will determine your available root methods. There's Kingo Root,Evilpotatoman's method etc.Read through the threads and then read again to make sure you grasp the methods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ZOOPidy

Dec 15, 2013
www.YouTube.com
The most effective way to remove bloat would be to root it, install titanium backup, and either uninstall or freeze applications.

Just got a Note 3 for my wife, and I am not ready to root/unlock and install a custom ROM on it yet.

But this phone just have too much junk on it. Anyway to make it lighter an leaner? What's safe to remove/uninstall?

thanks much

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks guys, I wanted to unlocked and install 4.4 ROM on this, but it seems that ROM development is still underway so just wanted to know some quick ways to remove bloat on this phone.

I know lots of readings are necessary.