[TOOL] ADB Gui - Also flashes radios [08/01/11]

Search This thread

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
For all you guys constantly flashing kernels,

I have made a little app to make sure that all command are typed in correctly & to make it a little easier.

You can find it here.

http://minooch.com

Let me know if you think I can make any improvements.

I've only tested it with my N1, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work on other android phones - its just using adb & fastboot. Having said that, it will obviously need the AndroidSDK installed (well partly) & the only other requirement is .NET 2.0 or up.

I finally got around to posting the new version - Version 1.0.1 - The main feature that has been added is synchronise. For example, you can select a folder full of music on your PC & it will copy all the music to your phone (if it's not already on there), & if there is music on your phone thats not on your pc that will copy over as well.

26/05/10 - Small change - Version 1.0.2 - ADB location is now saved in registry

17/08/10 - Version 1.0.3 - Added flash radio (via fastboot) - It will reboot into the bootloader, flash the radio & then reboot the phone

30/08/10 - Version 1.0.4 - Added a donate link

25/11/10 - Version 1.1 - It now has the option to verify the MD5 before flashing a radio

08/01/11 - Version 1.2 - Language can now be changed - Language.lang has the values of all labels, buttons & comboboxes

Known Bugs: (wth synchronise)
  1. If a folder has a space in its name, it's contents won't sync properly (currently working on a solution)
  2. If you delete a file/folder on your phone/pc (not both) it will be copied back next time you sync (not sure how to fix)
  3. The destination folder must exist already (/sdcard/music or where ever you choose), but obviously not the folders what will synced they will be created
Cheers,

Minooch

Feel free to donate

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 6,017
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 4,919
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4,546
Last edited:

rcxquake

Mar 4, 2010
Nice work. Looks like it will make things easier for inexperienced users...which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.

Also, you might want to add "adb reboot recovery". I know I use it fairly often.

(make it "adb wait-for-device reboot recovery". This way, if your phone is bootlooping due to you having not installed bcm4329, you can access recovery for adb push options to fix the bootloop)

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Nice work. Looks like it will make things easier for inexperienced users...which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.

Also, you might want to add "adb reboot recovery". I know I use it fairly often.

(make it "adb wait-for-device reboot recovery". This way, if your phone is bootlooping due to you having not installed bcm4329, you can access recovery for adb push options to fix the bootloop)

didn't know that command will add it now. - edit: Done

Cheers,

Minooch

Last edited:

drewstiff

Jun 8, 2009
I'm happy with ADB so not going to be using this (don't mean that the way it sounds!) but just thought if the user is pushing the .ko over adb, will they need and "adb remount" option as well?

mikroN1

Jan 17, 2010
Great tool. Any chance for a Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache option? A lot of times this will fix a bootloop when flashing different kernels on top of eachother. I understand it's in the recovery but this could speed up the process even more.

Reactions: flipmode_11

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Great tool. Any chance for a Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache option? A lot of times this will fix a bootloop when flashing different kernels on top of eachother. I understand it's in the recovery but this could speed up the process even more.

Thanks,

Will have a look into it.

redraiderj

Jan 26, 2010
Hey man I'd have to say that I'm getting used to the command line that I nearly forgot there's something in the world called GUI:) It's really a great tool for lazy guys like me (even I've written a simple shell script:D). Good job!

mikroN1

Jan 17, 2010
Thread hasn't been bumped in awhile. You still working on this Minooch? I was wondering if you could have it save your ADB location? Maybe have it save settings to an .ini file.

devil126

May 23, 2010
Shanghai, China
Can you please kindly provide the manual instruction, as I'm not the professional user, even I don't know much the ADB command codes, so please instruct the functions of the buttons.

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Thread hasn't been bumped in awhile. You still working on this Minooch? I was wondering if you could have it save your ADB location? Maybe have it save settings to an .ini file.

mikroN1,

It nows saves the ADB location to registry

Can you please kindly provide the manual instruction, as I'm not the professional user, even I don't know much the ADB command codes, so please instruct the functions of the buttons.

I'm a little confussed by what you want. Are you wanting a manual for ADB GUI or how to use ADB?

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
New Version - 1.0.3

Added flashing radio via fastboot

It will reboot into the bootloader, flash the radio & then reboot the phone

Last edited:

asinghma

Aug 26, 2010
using ADB sync for sqlite DB

Hi,

I am fairly new to Android / ADB and i have found ADB as a great tool.

My requirement is to sync a sqlite DATABASE (from my PC and on device), i am not sure how should i go ahead with this, gave couple of tries but not able to get anything :confused:

Can anyone please suggest me possible ways to fix up this issue. If this is not possible please give me any alternate (i believe this is possible).

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

asinghma

Aug 26, 2010
BTT

Hi,

I am fairly new to Android / ADB and i have found ADB as a great tool.

My requirement is to sync a sqlite DATABASE (from my PC and on device), i am not sure how should i go ahead with this, gave couple of tries but not able to get anything :confused:

Can anyone please suggest me possible ways to fix up this issue. If this is not possible please give me any alternate (i believe this is possible).

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bringing this thread to top.
Can anyone provide the source for ADB sync (prob from ADB_GUI tool)
Thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all you guys constantly flashing kernels,

I have made a little app to make sure that all command are typed in correctly & to make it a little easier.

You can find it here.

http://minooch.com

Let me know if you think I can make any improvements.

I've only tested it with my N1, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work on other android phones - its just using adb & fastboot. Having said that, it will obviously need the AndroidSDK installed (well partly) & the only other requirement is .NET 2.0 or up.

I finally got around to posting the new version - Version 1.0.1 - The main feature that has been added is synchronise. For example, you can select a folder full of music on your PC & it will copy all the music to your phone (if it's not already on there), & if there is music on your phone thats not on your pc that will copy over as well.

26/05/10 - Small change - Version 1.0.2 - ADB location is now saved in registry

17/08/10 - Version 1.0.3 - Added flash radio (via fastboot) - It will reboot into the bootloader, flash the radio & then reboot the phone

30/08/10 - Version 1.0.4 - Added a donate link

25/11/10 - Version 1.1 - It now has the option to verify the MD5 before flashing a radio

08/01/11 - Version 1.2 - Language can now be changed - Language.lang has the values of all labels, buttons & comboboxes

Known Bugs: (wth synchronise)
    1. If a folder has a space in its name, it's contents won't sync properly (currently working on a solution)
    2. If you delete a file/folder on your phone/pc (not both) it will be copied back next time you sync (not sure how to fix)
    3. The destination folder must exist already (/sdcard/music or where ever you choose), but obviously not the folders what will synced they will be created
    Cheers,

Minooch

Feel free to donate
    yep you will need to remount - but that is automatic.

Using my tool, it takes less steps & is faster
    New Version

08/01/11 - Version 1.2 - Language can now be changed - Language.lang has the values of all labels, buttons & comboboxes.

If you alter the values in Language.lang - ADB Gui will adjust the appropriate control

ckret - I've had a look into connect to ip - how would you like it to work?

i.e. have an option to use ip instead of usb all the time or a separate form?
    Just wondering if one has to be rooted in order to flash anew radio guys?

Cheers,
    M

Yes.

Sent from The iPhone killer, Epic 4G Touch using XDA premium.