[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
they are afraid that XDA developers succeed to port a fully working android before them
anyway who is the developer????
i hope that will be adfree as he can keep their secret even if it is not worthy
anyway oleg_k keep the good work and never look to them as their way is so bad and kills the Wave after a reboot

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Yeah oleg_k you have a method that seems to work (to some degree) and once you can the different bits working its a simple method of navigating the boot loader to your new kernel :)

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
Assuming AndroBada wasn't a fake (which is too much assuming) jioma's way would be a TRULY GOOD one, remember AndroBada's was "burning" phones, which I really doubt, but that's assuming it isn't fake x)

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
I think we all would, i wish they would just release the file publicly I'm sure there would be a working port in under 2 weeks :/

guari

Mar 26, 2011
Focus on oleg_k project using the fota bug discovered by mijoma, that seems to be the best way to have a good full working solution.;)
(also if androbada isn't a fake this doesn't means it's better than this...)

Infomatrix

Jan 5, 2011
I think it is just a silly tactic from the AndroBada guys. Why should they give all their information to someone from XDA, if they were scared that xda could get all the attention and credits for that project. That makes no sense. Just another way to bring themselves up for discussion after it gets quit silent around AndroBada. They just need new news to ask for new donations and money.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I have nothing to do with AndroBada guys.

We have to start from scratch.
But this time mijoma introduced proofed/confirmed concept to bypass Bootloader Security through FOTA.

oleg_k seems hard working on the Android part.
He upload many files, infos.

AndroBada is Running Gag... but I can not smile.

Best Regards

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
What they need is to create a thread and just attach their work so far to the first post. That way we have the ability to actually make progress, they have one set of problems apparently where as oleg has a different set of problems. Solutions can be found for all of those problems in both projects id imagine!

Reactions: Otacon_ahs

Otacon_ahs

Feb 10, 2011
Forget AndroBada sabianadmin.

Think in this:
- They give their work to an user from here. Free. No names (???)
- They say files would be online if this user would like to share... For free...

Why not negotiate again with Samfirmware before this?
They offered 100€...

I think because they have nothing

v_2rishi

Apr 4, 2011
God bless you.. you are a True Hero.. We are waiting & praying for your project to be successful

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
I found some interesting information about MAX8996/8997.
this is multifunction chip and it has
- PMIC
- RTC
- MUIC (usb switch)
- Flash control
- Haptic control
- Fuel Gauge (MAX17042 compatible)
- Battery charger control

If we find datasheet for this chip, we can use build-in fuel gauge function.
This is important, without it being restarted Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts