Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76K now available

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Absolutely no signal strength improvement!!!!! Atlease for me. My droid Bionic gets a full signal and my galaxy Nexus barely holds a 3G signal.

My Fault I guess.... I fell for Samsung Specs over Samsung Quality. In my Eyes MOTOROLA is still the king of Android Quality and Build

Motorola? Nope! Thunderbolt have best lte signal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
It will probably drop right after I replace this phone with something with more reliable signal strength and less likelihood of spontaneous reboots.

That's how it usually works with technology. :)

My honest advice is to be patient. All the fixes will come. You might want to try a nightly of Cyanogenmod 9 in the meantime. None of their builds have the rebooting issue.

Also, there are later radios that you can flash your phone with to improve its signal strength as well.

Reactions: Dan76

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
It will probably drop right after I replace this phone with something with more reliable signal strength and less likelihood of spontaneous reboots.

Maybe not typical...but I've had my VzW Galaxy Nexus since mid December, signal strength has really never been a problem... I WAS getting spontaneous reboots occasionally with 4.0.2, but it's been rock solid since I installed 4.0.4 from the recent VzW leak - not a single spontaneous reboot.

Not to get TOO far off topic.. Have to say I'm enjoying this phone more than ever these days -- Apex Pro launcher, HDR+ and Camera Zoom FX, Flipboard, Currents, Pulse, News Republic, Flixster and Movie Night Out and IMDB, Swype (beta), Sound Hound, Google Nav, QuickPic, etc. WiFi has been great, no signal drops...just very nice all the way around.

Reactions: segv11

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
That's how it usually works with technology. :)

My honest advice is to be patient. All the fixes will come. You might want to try a nightly of Cyanogenmod 9 in the meantime. None of their builds have the rebooting issue.

Also, there are later radios that you can flash your phone with to improve its signal strength as well.

The reboots are, thankfully, not rampant. But the signal loss is pretty bad. And I have tried every leak out there, and AFAIK the rom has nothing to do with signal drop outs.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
well im hoping i didn't just void my warranty and or shoot myself in the foot. im on the latest ota radios but have been having serious signal issues since i received my device from verizon. i called tech support and they are investigating the towers in my area. i never drop below -100 while my wife's fascinate always has -83. she asked what version of android im and i told her. she claims i should be on 4.0.2 so i screwed up. i told her an ota was pushed to my device "yes i was lying" and that i read online some people received it while others did not. she advised me that she was unaware of any ota being pushed yet and asked if i was jailbroken, i said no. :D

im also reading that the latest version might not be the one being pushed to our devices. last rumor has tomorrow as the official ota. :confused:

my question is can verizon see if i got an ota or not? damn im such an idiot. :(

masully84

Dec 22, 2011
Pittsburgh
Absolutely no signal strength improvement!!!!! Atlease for me. My droid Bionic gets a full signal and my galaxy Nexus barely holds a 3G signal.

My Fault I guess.... I fell for Samsung Specs over Samsung Quality. In my Eyes MOTOROLA is still the king of Android Quality and Build

If you like locked bootloaders than yes Motorola is king lol

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
well im hoping i didn't just void my warranty and or shoot myself in the foot. im on the latest ota radios but have been having serious signal issues since i received my device from verizon. i called tech support and they are investigating the towers in my area. i never drop below -100 while my wife's fascinate always has -83. she asked what version of android im and i told her. she claims i should be on 4.0.2 so i screwed up. i told her an ota was pushed to my device "yes i was lying" and that i read online some people received it while others did not. she advised me that she was unaware of any ota being pushed yet and asked if i was jailbroken, i said no. :D

im also reading that the latest version might not be the one being pushed to our devices. last rumor has tomorrow as the official ota. :confused:

my question is can verizon see if i got an ota or not? damn im such an idiot. :(

You can't compare the radio signal strength in the Galaxy Nexus to another LTE phone because they report signal strength differently. If you are getting bars and data, then you're fine. You don't need to concern yourself with anything else.

As far as OTA, I'm sure Verizon engineers can see what version you are running. If you have upgraded to a leaked 4.0.4 that doesn't end up being the final version pushed out to everyone, then you are off the OTA track and will not be receiving the update.

The good news is, you can always restore your phone to stock 4.0.2 using threads found in this forum. That will restore your phone back to the OTA track so you will receive the official update.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
You can't compare the radio signal strength in the Galaxy Nexus to another LTE phone because they report signal strength differently. If you are getting bars and data, then you're fine. You don't need to concern yourself with anything else.

As far as OTA, I'm sure Verizon engineers can see what version you are running. If you have upgraded to a leaked 4.0.4 that doesn't end up being the final version pushed out to everyone, then you are off the OTA track and will not be receiving the update.

The good news is, you can always restore your phone to stock 4.0.2 using threads found in this forum. That will restore your phone back to the OTA track so you will receive the official update.

i have no need to go back to stock unless i ship my device back in. if and when we get the ota all i need is the new bootloader & radios. the problem is i gave verizon my android version which was the leaked 4.0.4 that i thought was the ota. :mad:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

i wouldn't say all samsung devices have bad signal because my wife's fascinate gets -83 consistently while im stuck at -100 or above.

Reactions: manatti

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
i have no need to go back to stock unless i ship my device back in. if and when we get the ota all i need is the new bootloader & radios. the problem is i gave verizon my android version which was the leaked 4.0.4 that i thought was the ota. :mad:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

i wouldn't say all samsung devices have bad signal because my wife's fascinate gets -83 consistently while im stuck at -100 or above.

You'll be fine. You won't get the OTA offer, but you can always come here for the build components you need.

And I didn't say all Samsung devices report bad signal. I said the Galaxy Nexus specifically reports its signal strength differently than any other LTE device made by any manufacturer.

Read the following forum post on Rootzwiki for more information: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25921-this-is-why-your-verizon-nexus-signal-sucks/

segv11

Mar 19, 2012
Does somebody have the MD5 of there original file so that we can verify that this is unchanged from May 1st?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
My bro has a VGN and wants to update to the newest leak. Does he have to be rooted in order to do this or can he just put it on his sdcard and flash it in stock bootloader? Thanks in advanced.

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3 Final

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
My bro has a VGN and wants to update to the newest leak. Does he have to be rooted in order to do this or can he just put it on his sdcard and flash it in stock bootloader? Thanks in advanced.

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3 Final

Instructions for non-rooted users here: http://rants.strifejester.com/2012/05/01/imm76k-direct-for-verizon-galaxy-nexus/

I haven't personally verified this works as advertised, but the commenters on the page seem to think it does.

Reactions: mjybarr
Sep 5, 2008
I'm getting word that the hashes are identical. Looks like its the exact same build that was leaked earlier this month.

Sigh....If that's the case, they still haven't fixed the problem with the freaking muting mic. I've been running the leaked update from this month. This is unbelievable! :mad:
I guess I'll try the update and see if maybe there's a hidden change that fixes it. If not, me and Verizon will have to have a little chat.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts