UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

Search This thread

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Hello,

With this topic i would like to ask out of these 2 populair cases wich one is best in your honest opinion?

In my opinion i think so far the UAG is alot more nice and maybe a bit less thick,
But maybe the Commutor is alot more Durable and better against drops? But also a bit uglyer than the UAG.

I am still struggling just due i think it has to be good against drops, Due thats whats a case is for obviously.
I hope you can help me out of this and probably other users aswell since i doubt i am the only one ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Or of course if you have another case wich isnt above 35-40 dollar please say so ^^
But i think these two are the best around for this price tag.

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I tried out the commuter at a bestbuy and while the case feels nice. the buttons are insanely hard to press. You have to really press it really hard and you don't get feedback so you don't know if you pressed it or not until the screen reacts.
Other members here have said that it eases up over time but not that much.

I personally have the ballistic sg and it seems to be the nicest for me. (not the maxx, just the sg)

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
I tried out the commuter at a bestbuy and while the case feels nice. the buttons are insanely hard to press. You have to really press it really hard and you don't get feedback so you don't know if you pressed it or not until the screen reacts.
Other members here have said that it eases up over time but not that much.

I personally have the ballistic sg and it seems to be the nicest for me. (not the maxx, just the sg)

Yeah,
Heard the same thing about buttons, But not becoming lose at all, is what i heard,
Also it just doesnt seem nice anyhow, But its very strong i have heard against drops.

Also i have to say that case seems nice,
But i do think Urban one does look nicer,
But idk about being good against drops or anything.

Poseidon13

Feb 12, 2013
Trident Case has a few rugged options and I heard they are coming out with a charging case too. They range from $35-$50 but they are having a sale, 25% off everything.

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3

Any idea when it should arrive?

Just so you could tell us maybe how you think it is?
For example so you could tell us wich one you would prefer as first case?
Due the chance is pretty high i get both aswell (Well or something else ofc like a Power Charge case) , but the second will be for over like 3-4 months so ye :p

Thanks for the help everyone ^^

Last edited:

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
For Otterbox commuter and Ballistic SG case, please have a look to my thread as I had deeply compare both. For UAG, there is a thread with more 200k view about the case. It's base on your personal preference. If you want your phone to be protected well (with dust cover), then get a Otterbox Commuter(Dont worry about the button, it will getting better after few weeks of use). If you want a unique looking, protective and less bulky case, then get a UAG case. Currently, commuter is much more cheaper than the UAG. I owned 3 of these ultimate protective case, I guarantee that you wont regret if you get either one. But personally, I recommended UAG..^^

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
For Otterbox commuter and Ballistic SG case, please have a look to my thread as I had deeply compare both. For UAG, there is a thread with more 200k view about the case. It's base on your personal preference. If you want your phone to be protected well (with dust cover), then get a Otterbox Commuter(Dont worry about the button, it will getting better after few weeks of use). If you want a unique looking, protective and less bulky case, then get a UAG case. Currently, commuter is much more cheaper than the UAG. I owned 3 of these ultimate protective case, I guarantee that you wont regret if you get either one. But personally, I recommended UAG..^^

Hai,

Thanks for the explaination,
Did not know there were such topics already there sry ^^
But i also just wanted to know wich one would be better when talking about Quality/Drop/being pretty.

Anyhow ^^
If anyone knows also a pretty cool case please repley ^^
I probably think to buy UAG first, Afterwards perhaps a Otterbox for when i do other stuff that it would be more common it to fall etc etc.

Best regards,
DrLuigi.

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Btw how thick is that UAG case?
Since it seems on picture pretty reasonable thin,
But wanted to ask ye first ^^
Also is the back panel plastic smooth or grippy or?

Thanks ^^

atman8r

Dec 18, 2012
Florida
I have the aviator UAG. Color isn't great, Gunna get the blue one instead sooner or later. As far as everything goes, great protection, solid feel, all around good quality. Little slippery on the back tho.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
So I just got my UAG case and I love it. It does feel a little slimmer than the commuter. I feel as if it is a bit less protection from the otterbox, but it feels so much better in the hands. I saw a drop test on youtube with this case and seems pretty good.

Sent from Flip's S3

Kanged

Nov 23, 2012
I have both and I always find myself going back to my UAG. It fits better in my opinion and has a much thinner profile. The small raised areas on the back corners help it from sliding around when its on its backside on a flat surface. The otterbox on the other hand is slicker they the naked phone itself. The UAG also comes in and out of pocket easier. Lol my advice is extremely one sided, but its some food for thought.

Sent from inside the RootBox.

bluesmoke2012

Feb 7, 2013
I personally am a otterbox fan I currently have the following otterbox cases for the s3

-gun metal grey / white defender

-orange / black / realtree camo defender

-red / black defender

-white / gunmetal commuter

-purple / pink commuter

I switch these cases out like switchimg out my underwear
YES THE COMMUTER CASE at first is hard to press the buttoms but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes

I also love otterbox customer service always friendly and have no problem exchanging out your case for you or trying to work out something

Reactions: otterboxfan4l

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3

Reactions: bluesmoke2012

1slow4G

Nov 19, 2012
South Tex
Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3

With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p

Reactions: flipq88

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Thanks that actually seems to fix it. Also, I thought I had read that this case was really hard to take off. But I take mine off easily. It doesn't feel lose or anything.

Sent from Flip's S3

1slow4G

Nov 19, 2012
South Tex
Thanks that actually seems to fix it. Also, I thought I had read that this case was really hard to take off. But I take mine off easily. It doesn't feel lose or anything.

Sent from Flip's S3

Welcome. Yeah if it feels funny just keep messing with it till it lines up perfectly.

bobAbooE

Apr 8, 2011
Indiana
After reading reviews and seeing how my wife's iPhone otterbox has held up (she's on her third replacement), I bought an uag yesterday. They look very rugged, kinda like a toolbox.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from Flip's S3
    Great Chooses my friend has the OtterBox Commutor case its a great case havent seen the UAG gear case but my self i own the OtterBox Defender case because i got it free with my phone
    I personally am a otterbox fan I currently have the following otterbox cases for the s3

-gun metal grey / white defender

-orange / black / realtree camo defender

-red / black defender

-white / gunmetal commuter

-purple / pink commuter

I switch these cases out like switchimg out my underwear
    YES THE COMMUTER CASE at first is hard to press the buttoms but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes

I also love otterbox customer service always friendly and have no problem exchanging out your case for you or trying to work out something

Sent from Flip's S3

Sent from Flip's S3