[Q] AWS? Can someone fill me in?

Search This thread

iLuvMudkips

Sep 15, 2012
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but my search on xda and google haven't yielded great results.

I'm in northern Utah. How do I know if AWS is available in my area?

Right now I'm running CM11. Do I have to be using TW do use AWS?

Are all verizon S4's built for AWS or just the newer versions? I have the MDK baseband.

If this has already been answered I would appreciate being redirected to the answer. Thanks for your help! :)

jhud25

Sep 30, 2013
Nashville,TN
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but my search on xda and google haven't yielded great results.

Are all verizon S4's built for AWS or just the newer versions? I have the MDK baseband.

If this has already been answered I would appreciate being redirected to the answer. Thanks for your help! :)

Try *#0011# on the dialer AWS is band 4 LTE is band 13 this is the only way I have found to verify AWS. AWS was enabled on 4.3 versions, so if you are running any rom based 4.3 or better you should have AWS enabled.

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Try *#0011# on the dialer AWS is band 4 LTE is band 13 this is the only way I have found to verify AWS. AWS was enabled on 4.3 versions, so if you are running any rom based 4.3 or better you should have AWS enabled.

I don't think you can use those dialer codes unless you are on a TW rom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton

I'm in northern Utah too!! What part? And I tried this on hd11 and nothing happened

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Normally you don't need to press send so as the combo as in it will bring up a menu but correct it's not working or we are missing something....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rexdog1888

Nov 3, 2010
It only works on touchwiz, not CM. AFAIK you can only check what band you're on from TW. Oh and you'll need the updated baseband if you're still on the original, go check the radio thread in the general section

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app