Where is the Moto G manufactured?

Search This thread

spannerz

Nov 7, 2010
Brighton
The Moto X is assembled in the US using parts manufactured in China (and elsewhere probably)

The Moto G appears to be pure Chinese made.

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
The Moto X is assembled in the US using parts manufactured in China (and elsewhere probably)

15 different states in the US are manufacturing internal components for the Moto X. While the majority of it comes from Asia, more than just the final assembly happens in the US.

kenypowa

May 18, 2010

Actually no. Many internal parts of smartphones are made in USA, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. For example, Gorilla Glass 3 is made by Corning in the US. Moto G is assembled in China just like X is assembled in USA. Globalization.

spannerz

Nov 7, 2010
Brighton
Interesting to hear that some components of the Moto X are made in the US, a lot of blurb online when it was launched suggested it was essentially a Chinese set of parts that were assembled in the US but I'm happy to hear more parts are also made in the US.

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
I don't think its about the Manufacturing
I am sure both moto g and moto x were designed in Usa....The real thing is design and planning and testing
That's usually more expensive than manufacturing

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Technology is american....that is what counts

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
I am sure both moto g and moto x were designed in Usa....The real thing is design and planning and testing

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Agreed. If a design is set up as full ODM project with the inception and development outside of Shenzhen or Ningbo (sic) the fact that it gets made in Shenzhen or Ningbo is irrelevant.

Comments such as labour cost in China is cheap or same place as Apple in themselves are lightweight and cheap.

I've "assembled" monitors in Germany with Polish labour from Semi Knock Downs of 100% Chinese origin in the past to be relieved of 14%, import duty for a very well known monitor manufacturer. Hence why some of the comments I see in these like this are a joke.

With that said you have hit the nail on the head and I'm 110% with your sentiments.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jaspreet997

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Yes ....Like we have many so called ' Indian ' brands in market here which sell rebranded stuffs which are actually designed and manufactured in China ...its not easy for a manufacturing start up to just suddenly start designing and manufacturing products from scratch

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Made in Doesn't change anything ..The designing matters

Otherwise raw material for phones like all the earth minerals and metals and stuff are Mined from africa and plastics are polymers products from Oil ...drilled in middle east
So that way all smartphones including iphones are just African/middle eastern products??

Sent from Samsung Chat

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
Made in Doesn't change anything ..The designing matters

Otherwise raw material for phones like all the earth minerals and metals and stuff are Mined from africa and plastics are polymers products from Oil ...drilled in middle east
So that way all smartphones including iphones are just African/middle eastern products??

Sent from Samsung Chat

There are international guidelines on the percentage of labour input into a device or product which govern a difference between "made" and "assembled" in a particular country.

In correct terms I imagine that particular moto g is assembled in Brazil but in legal terms they get away with saying made in Brazil.

It's a bit of a schnizz but for example for south american or even north american market it's better to see made in Brazil than made in China.

Anyway Jaspreet - what on earth ate you doing using a Samsung device ? Cough cough splutter splutter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
There are international guidelines on the percentage of labour input into a device or product which govern a difference between "made" and "assembled" in a particular country.

In correct terms I imagine that particular moto g is assembled in Brazil but in legal terms they get away with saying made in Brazil.

It's a bit of a schnizz but for example for south american or even north american market it's better to see made in Brazil than made in China.

Anyway Jaspreet - what on earth ate you doing using a Samsung device ? Cough cough splutter splutter.

I know, Technical stuff ..saving a bit on taxes and stuff

Regarding Samsung...well I was Naive back then ..right now am using it only to check for my moto g shipping ...The website which had the exclusive deal with Moto to sell moto g in India does not want to ship 16 gb devices anymore ...Maybe they are afraid they'll end up with lots off 8 gb variants in their inventories ...

Sent from Samsung Chat

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
I've got the 8gb as for phones I don't need to o much. My tablet is the 32gb device.

I understand your pain though if you can't get the 16gb.

As for your Samsung pfft. Lol. Only kidding I had the first Note and it weren't bad but just full of Samsung crap and the push email on the basic mail client blows.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it was made in the US but my son says only the Moto X is assembled here. Where is the G made?

china

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

Agreed. If a design is set up as full ODM project with the inception and development outside of Shenzhen or Ningbo (sic) the fact that it gets made in Shenzhen or Ningbo is irrelevant.

Comments such as labour cost in China is cheap or same place as Apple in themselves are lightweight and cheap.

I've "assembled" monitors in Germany with Polish labour from Semi Knock Downs of 100% Chinese origin in the past to be relieved of 14%, import duty for a very well known monitor manufacturer. Hence why some of the comments I see in these like this are a joke.

With that said you have hit the nail on the head and I'm 110% with your sentiments.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Yes ....Like we have many so called ' Indian ' brands in market here which sell rebranded stuffs which are actually designed and manufactured in China ...its not easy for a manufacturing start up to just suddenly start designing and manufacturing products from scratch

Mine is 'Fabricado no Brasil' -> Made in Brazil.