[APP] GMarks - Calling for translators!

Search This thread

tomstrummer

Jul 20, 2010
Hi folks! Looking for community support to help translate GMarks for Android. The app is free and open-source. You can find out more about the project here:

GMarks on the Android Market
GMarks Project page

Please reply if you're interested in helping out! Thanks!

Update: Currently I have offers/ completed translations for the following languages:
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Chinese - Simplified & Traditional - thanks eizonuts
  • Danish - Thanks LayZee
  • Polish - thanks Krygo
  • Turkish - thanks Proym
  • Serbian - thanks delicb
  • French - thanks loic
  • Greek - thanks danzax
  • German - thanks berkley
  • Hebrew - thanks Adi
  • Lithuanian - thanks LFSProvo
  • Italian - thanks Uttermarcus
  • Russian - thanks smth
  • Dutch - thanks nmx
  • Hungarian - thanks Cenzi
  • Croatian - thanks carlowise
  • Hindi - thanks Abhisek
  • Arabic - thanks Adham El-Wakeel
  • Latvian - thanks kuceens007
  • Slovenian - thanks Franci
  • Finnish - thanks Blorro
  • Czech - thanks honzika
  • Norwegian - thanks Gøran
  • Romanian - thanks tmahai20
  • Japanese - thanks Koomo
  • Swedish - thanks Blorro
  • Bulgarian - thanks p0inte

You can also see the full list of in-progress and complete translations.

There are a couple unfinished translations... If you're willing to translate for one of these languages it would be greatly appreciated:

Thanks again everyone! I am absolutely overwhelmed by the response I've received! Also I want to give as much credit as possible so if you have a Twitter handle or username you'd prefer I use in my credits, please let me know in the issue tracker on the project page.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackmanxp and jjwa

LayZeeDK

Jan 6, 2010
I'm interested in making a Danish translation. E-mail me with more info

layzee <d.o.t> dk <a.t> gmail <d.o.t> com

eizonuts

Nov 26, 2010
I can help with a real chinese translation. (both traditional and simplified) let me know!

tomstrummer

Jul 20, 2010
Chinese

I can help with a real chinese translation. (both traditional and simplified) let me know!

Thanks! There is already a Chinese translation but I don't know if it's traditional or simplified. To be honest I don't know how to setup the app for one vs the other either. If you download GMarks 0.6.2 from the market (or sideload it from here) you should see the current Chinese translation if your device is set to a Chinese locale. I'll research more how to allow the app to support both traditional and simplified Chinese.

delicb

Jun 6, 2010
Novi Sad
I've created an issue to track the translation here. But let me check first whether you should do Latin or Cyrillic or both. I don't want to waste your time!

Latin is way more important I think so I can do Latin and once I have that is only a couple of minutes to switch to Cyrillic.

Only think I need to know is the question I asked earlier: Is strings.xml only file that needs translation?

edit: I just uploaded latin serbian translation. If you need cyrillic too or if there is any other file that needs translation let me know, it's not a problem.

Last edited:

tomstrummer

Jul 20, 2010
Catalan

I guess I could do a Catalan translation if you're interested.

Hi Jordivf!

It looks like Catalan is supported in Android 2.3 and beyond so depending on what version you're running I don't know if you'll be able to view the Catalan translation. They do specify that carriers my have customized Android builds that support additional locales. Basically if you have the ability to select Catalan in your locale settings, then you'll be able to see that translation.

That said, I'd be happy to include a Catalan translation if you're willing to translate it. I'll set up a tracker item and send you the necessary files soon.

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks! Looking for community support to help translate GMarks for Android. The app is free and open-source. You can find out more about the project here:

GMarks on the Android Market
    GMarks Project page

Please reply if you're interested in helping out! Thanks!

Update: Currently I have offers/ completed translations for the following languages:
    • Spanish
    • Portuguese
    • Chinese - Simplified & Traditional - thanks eizonuts
    • Danish - Thanks LayZee
    • Polish - thanks Krygo
    • Turkish - thanks Proym
    • Serbian - thanks delicb
    • French - thanks loic
    • Greek - thanks danzax
    • German - thanks berkley
    • Hebrew - thanks Adi
    • Lithuanian - thanks LFSProvo
    • Italian - thanks Uttermarcus
    • Russian - thanks smth
    • Dutch - thanks nmx
    • Hungarian - thanks Cenzi
    • Croatian - thanks carlowise
    • Hindi - thanks Abhisek
    • Arabic - thanks Adham El-Wakeel
    • Latvian - thanks kuceens007
    • Slovenian - thanks Franci
    • Finnish - thanks Blorro
    • Czech - thanks honzika
    • Norwegian - thanks Gøran
    • Romanian - thanks tmahai20
    • Japanese - thanks Koomo
    • Swedish - thanks Blorro
    • Bulgarian - thanks p0inte

You can also see the full list of in-progress and complete translations.

There are a couple unfinished translations... If you're willing to translate for one of these languages it would be greatly appreciated:

Thanks again everyone! I am absolutely overwhelmed by the response I've received! Also I want to give as much credit as possible so if you have a Twitter handle or username you'd prefer I use in my credits, please let me know in the issue tracker on the project page.