iphone theme on wing

Search This thread

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
Important:
before i begin let me say this is not my own work i did not wright these apps/files ive simply put them all toghether in order to create an iphone theme for my T-Mobile Wing. if you ever recive a message from me charging you for this theme then ignore it completly.everything i am providing you is entirley freeware. the reason i am telling you this is because there sevral people out there right now selling this files/apps as there own, but there are also people outthere that actualy do make there own and sell them so dont get confused.

zip. files
iphone-0.97
icontact_v0.2

Cab. files:
slide2unlock-wm5
tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1

for thoes of you who dont have t-mobile or dont have myfaves. your gonna have to do some editing in the config file in order to change what it opens.ive also added a couple of icons in the icons folder so you can also change the myfaves icon.

in order for this to work properly with out having to do any editing to the config. everything must go into your storage card

unzip all the zip files attached to this email and then copy them to your windows mobile device.same goes with the cab. files.

once all the files and cabs are installed onto your device then you can run the iphone theme wich should be found in you storage card through file explorer hope this works for you,as it has for me.

sorry if the instalation instructions aren't great but they should be good enough in order to set up the theme for thoes of you who've done this kinda stuff wont even need the instructions

ENJOY!

FOR THOES OF YOU WHO ARE GETTING INK. FILE NOT FOUND WHEN YOU OPEN ICONTACTS

some people have been messaging me that when they try open icontacts from the theme there getting ink. file not found to correct this youll have to do some copy and pasting

you must exit the iphone theme first before doing this and you can restart it once your done

first you have to replace the config file found in the iphone themes folder with the new one i have provided below. everything will be the same i have just done some simple editting wich should get icontacts to work.once this is done then just go to the part of the storage card were you have icontacts and copy it then go to my device and click the windows folder once there just paste the icontacts app and this should get it to work. if not then uninstall icontacts and just reinstall it to your device

for thoes who want to edit the config file themeselves and not download the one i have then simply replace the part in the config file that has this

\Storage Card\Program Files\icontact\icontact.exe

and replace it with this

\Windows\icontact.exe

but you will still need to do the copy and pasting steps above

hopefully this helps let me no if it doesnt

ive tried my best to edit the config just right so you wouldnt have to do any but even tho you more then likely will have to do some editting

for thoes of you using tmobile wing go hear and post some stuff you may have to help others improve there device as well as find stuff to improve your's

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1400970#post1400970

sorry if you write me and i never write back im am extremley bussy now most of the time since ive gone back to work it takes up most of the time of my day and by the time i get home im too tired to do anything but ask around and im sure youll be able to figure out how to install the theme

if you want to see the theme working then go to this link for youtube to see my wing running the iphone theme

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cPt-7Au8Fp4

ok a lil something about icontacts this may or may not help some people but im posting it anyways if you start icontacs and it works but none of you name or numbers for your contacts apeer than you may have to transfer your contacts to your simcard or device itself im not sure right now wich one it is but try either one and it may help. im not sure if this goes for the newer versions of icontacs i havent used it yet so yea just a lil tip

ask around and im sure youll be able to get this theme running on your wing

10/19/09
just an update

i no longer own the wing and am now a proud owner of the mytouch 3g but there are still plenty of other tmobile wing users out there that would most likely be willing to lend a helping hand. just be sure to always do some reading and searching first.

TmobileWingUser

mod edit: Link to Slide2Unlock removed.

Attachments

• Config.txt
    943 bytes · Views: 10,317
  • iPhonetheme.zip
    332 KB · Views: 19,595
  • iContact_v0.2.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 10,356
  • tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab
    1.3 MB · Views: 9,852
Last edited:

Audirider83

Jul 14, 2007
awesome

if you own a wing you should definetely do this to your phone, and also thank tmobileuser for giving us this chance to do the same to our phones:D

blackout203

Dec 11, 2006
Atlanta
haha I Love how my video is the first one that shows up on the suggestion list

i might try this out later today or tonight, looks pretty nice and fits tmobile perfect. always wanted to try that ipod thing out

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
for anyone who trys this let me no if everything opens smoothly so i no wether ill have to edit the config or not thanx for you help

blackout203

Dec 11, 2006
Atlanta
is that ipod program in it? i never installed uPod but I did download it awhile ago. do we have to install that ourselves too?

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
thats cool is the pPod version you got a trail verson or no if its not can you send me the link were you got it from so i can put it back on my phone thanx

dragonoffire

Jul 14, 2007
Installation

Can someone post a word document on how to install these file on my wing? Also, would it be best to wait until myFav is turned on. I just purchased my wing and myFav isn't on yet.

Thank you tmobilwinguser for posting these files and anyone else who can help me get my phone like the video on youtube.:D

dragonoffire

Jul 14, 2007
Installation

Disgard my first request for instruction. I justice two things one tmobilwinguser has listed instructions and on his youtube post he will be adding a short video to show how to install it on the wing.

Thank again tmobilwinguser

shintu

Jul 12, 2007
Does this work on HTC Touch? the themes look nice and i wish to install it on my touch. thanks guys

Audirider83

Jul 14, 2007
does any body have the same problem

when i click on the contacts icon it says .Ink file not found, if anybody else has the same problem, please reply. or if they can tell me where they put the icontact folder at.

thricemin

Jul 16, 2007
i just finished putting it on and it is sweet hey thanx for the post im going to use this for sure, i think it runs better than when your useing wm6. Well any i do have one question were do you put the icontacts it said it cant find it when i click on the icon? But other than that like i said its cool lol:D

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
Optional Battery Status

Optional

for this program at least for me anyways it doesnt matter were you put it i have mines on device and once installed you can open it from your programs

for thoes of you who may be using the t-mobile wing and find it kinda slow or slugish then i recomend using a program called battery status it overclocks your cpu in order to run faster i currently have mines clocked to 286 but i recommend you start at 247 first and then go from there like i said this is optional you dont need this in order for the iphone theme to work i just though id add it for thoes who may want it

Attachments

• BatteryStatus.0.04.CAB
    59.1 KB · Views: 911

dude23

Jul 17, 2007
how do you change the icons for it and how can you change the front picture of the lock screen?

Last edited:

Audirider83

Jul 14, 2007
for those having the problem with the icontacts , i figured out what the problem is. open the iphone folder and look for a document called "config". scroll about half way down to where it says \Storage Card\Program Files\icontact\icontact.exe.you have to capitalize the "c" in icontact. it should look like this .....\iContact\iContact.exe. i hope this helps. NOTE :Do not play arund with anything else in this document if you don't know what your doing.also i havethe file located in my storage card.:cool:

osv2005cont

Jul 18, 2007
help with iphone theme

I can't download the zip files, and when is the slide2unlock going to be back for download. I just ordered my wing and should be getting it on friday so i wanted to know if anyone could help me with downlaoding the files