Is there sch-i815 Cwm or firmware

Search This thread

nicduim

Oct 2, 2009
Bethesda, MD
You guys actually have the same partitions as the 6800. If there is a recovery out there for odin that does not include a kernel (recovery.bin) the 6800 should work just fine for you. If there isn't one out there that is just the recovery I will see if I can get something done today or tomorrow for you.

The only thing is you would have to boot into recovery right away after flashing and I can create a zip for you to flash that would remove system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Otherwise it will pull the stock recovery from the boot.img and override clockworkmod.

The other option would be to include recovery with a kernel that you can flash with odin.

Many thanks, im going for it now. It appears there is no system/etc/install-recovery.sh, it may exist in another location or reinstalls the default recovery.img from somewhere else. I'm going to look around for it although this is entirely new to me.

The P6800 CWM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470896 works, thanks to ezynow for his port to the P6800. No automatic reinstalls of the original recovery on bootup/shutdown. I haven't tested backups/restores/cache wipes, will post after I try each and report.

It appears backups are getting placed on the internal memory sdcard for the default backup option.

Backup to internal SDcard error, when using internal backup:
E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)Couldn't open directory. No files found

Mounting as USB storage and restore from sdcard produces the same errors. Going to see what I can find/figure out. And now the internal sdcard is working and going to the actual microsd card. So what triggered it?

Update: /Everything seems to be working with the p6800 cwm on the vzw 7.7

Last edited:

smitty78

Apr 15, 2012
I too, can confirm that I have CWM successfully installed on my SCH I815 using the above link (recovery image only). Backup went to extStorages. I also used desktop Odin.

smitty78

Apr 15, 2012
That would be nice if someone with dev skills would take the time to create a custom kernel for us to use.

I personallly would like to flash cm9 instead of waiting for Verizon to update us with 4.x.x firmware, due to the huge community and developmental support backing it. Plus, I like the feel of it(added to wife's kindle fire). Sure, it's not perfect but it is always a working progress and alot of folks here are willing to help us out. ;)

I will contribute in anyway that I can, although I have no dev. skills. :(

davidbudd1

Mar 8, 2010
chicago
I've been looking all over for the stock VZW firmware and have had zero luck so far. Once I have some more spare time I am going to try to work on a custom rom. It will be my first attempt at doing one so I will be learning as I go, so don't expect anything to quickly.

miiike

Dec 21, 2010
adb pull /system returns error: device not found, I have all the drivers, and starting shell works and I can see the log in superuser on the tablet. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong to get the system dump?

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
you probably want to grab both the systemfs and the kernel (for the ramfs). Do
Code:
$ adb shell
$ dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/systemfs.img
$ dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/zImage
That will create images of your system partition and the kernel and place them in the root directory of your sd card.

miiike

Dec 21, 2010
Returns

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/systemfs.img
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9: cannot open for read: Permission denied

Ideas?

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
you probably need root. If you have already installed root, then you can get it by running the su command before either of the dd commands.

miiike

Dec 21, 2010
I have root, and that was after passing su. I can see the log in superuser on the Tab itself giving shell access to me but I still get errors like above.

Edit: It also happens while running this from the tablet itself from a terminal emulator. Also verified I have busybox installed.

Last edited:

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Have you tried from recovery as well? I don't know what recovery you are using, but if you are using mine (5.5.0.4), you will have to mount /data first before you can put stuff onto the sdcard.

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
Quick noobish question.. dropping the mms.apk from the 3g 7.7 in the LTE 7.7 won't enable receiving text messages over LTE, would it?

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys actually have the same partitions as the 6800. If there is a recovery out there for odin that does not include a kernel (recovery.bin) the 6800 should work just fine for you. If there isn't one out there that is just the recovery I will see if I can get something done today or tomorrow for you.

The only thing is you would have to boot into recovery right away after flashing and I can create a zip for you to flash that would remove system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Otherwise it will pull the stock recovery from the boot.img and override clockworkmod.

The other option would be to include recovery with a kernel that you can flash with odin.

Many thanks, im going for it now. It appears there is no system/etc/install-recovery.sh, it may exist in another location or reinstalls the default recovery.img from somewhere else. I'm going to look around for it although this is entirely new to me.

The P6800 CWM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470896 works, thanks to ezynow for his port to the P6800. No automatic reinstalls of the original recovery on bootup/shutdown. I haven't tested backups/restores/cache wipes, will post after I try each and report.

It appears backups are getting placed on the internal memory sdcard for the default backup option.

Backup to internal SDcard error, when using internal backup:
    E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)Couldn't open directory. No files found

Mounting as USB storage and restore from sdcard produces the same errors. Going to see what I can find/figure out. And now the internal sdcard is working and going to the actual microsd card. So what triggered it?

Update: /Everything seems to be working with the p6800 cwm on the vzw 7.7
    That's what I was interpreting from the CM9 threads and references to installing different versions of CWM. Thanks for the heads up.

After a bit of searching I think I figured out why the SCH-i815 CWM will not stick on Stock ROMS after the FD01 update.

The FD01 update places the file "recovery-from.boot.p" in the /system folder which overwrites CWM upon boot. To stop this from occurring, you will need a root enabled file explorer and rename the "recovery-from.boot.p" file to "recovery-from.boot.p.bak" or, alternatively, you can delete the "recovery-from.boot.p" file.

CWM should stick after that. I'll test it out and report back.

[EDIT] Success! make sure to rename the "recovery-from.boot.p" file or else CWM will not be persistent!
    Here's mine

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
    $ cat /proc/mounts
    rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
    tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
    proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
    sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
    none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
    tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
    tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
    none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system ext4 ro,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /efs ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 /preinstall ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/.lfs j4fs rw,relatime 0 0
    /sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
    /dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/extStorages tmpfs ro,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
    /dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/sdcard/extStorages/SdCard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1023,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
    $

Thank you VERY MUCH! I can also get you a dump from Mobile Odin Pro if that would help?

-Rob
    I'm uploading to another free site, but since I don't know how reliable that will be I created a torrent and am seeding it.