Faulty Volume buttons...

Search This thread

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
Hello to everyone reading this.
I just purchased a used HTC One X. I managed to work out everything that was wrong with it (including the wifi problem some HOX phones have) but I'm getting really frustrated with the non-functioning properly volume buttons.

The phone volume gets turned up spontaneously and I have to press volume down repeatedly to stop it from going up again.

I was just wondering if there is any app (or any other way) that disables the volume hard-buttons because it's really gotten an annoyance by now.

I have tried several apps that "save" your volume settings and revert it right after it's changed by the faulty volume buttons. But the volume changing doesn't stop unless I press Volume Down myself. It just keeps going up and the app reverting it back down again.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
Thank you both for your ideas. But unfortunately, I've never used Tasker so I wouldn't know how to remap the hardware keys.
It's gotten worse today, I can't stand it anymore. Taking it tomorrow for repairs...

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
UPDATE: Had the phone for repairs yesterday. The volume rocker got fixed. Thank you both for your help and support.

Top Liked Posts