[Q]uestion about CSC and 4.4

Search This thread

mrpiter

Aug 20, 2011
Hi all,

I bought Note 10.1 2014 edition (SM-P600) and I have a question about CSC. I installed Samsung Phone INFO app and it shows me that I have NEE CSC Code and that my CSC Country is Nordic. I live in Poland and I know CSC for my region is XEO. Is there any point of downloading and flashing stock XEO rom? What would be the difference? I don't quite understand that CSC thing.

Also, I can see that there is KitKat available for Spain. Will I trip knox if I flash it through odin? I am still talking about stock rom from sammobile. I am not sure if there is any point of waiting for 4.4 for XEO region or is it a good idea to flash the one for Spain? Again, I don't understand what CSC changes?

All you answers will be much appreciated :)

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Using a different region's ROM doesn't affect your CSC. I'm running a TPA 4.4 ROM but, as you can see, my CSC is still the original TTT.

14212006062_162f3ae9a0.jpg

mrpiter

Aug 20, 2011
So, can I flash ROM for Spain? Will it trip my Knox? Also, how can I change my csc?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
So, can I flash ROM for Spain? Will it trip my Knox? Also, how can I change my csc?

It won't trip KNOX. I haven't kept up with changing a CSC since KNOX was introduced. Check the SGS4 and N3 forums since they are more active. You might find the answer there. You realize changing your CSC will void your warranty, right? It's also in jeopardy if you need service and have to ship it Samsung with an incorrect stock ROM on it if you're unable to go back to the one it shipped with due to a h/w problem.

mrpiter

Aug 20, 2011
What do you mean by "incorrect ROM"? If I flash stock ROM from a different region I can have troubles? I need to have ROM installed that matches my csc?

Wysłane z mojego SM-P600 przy użyciu Tapatalka

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
What do you mean by "incorrect ROM"? If I flash stock ROM from a different region I can have troubles? I need to have ROM installed that matches my csc?

When you plug your device in to Kies to do an emergency recovery you enter your serial number. From that serial number Kies knows the shipping CSC and s/w version. I'm sure Samsung's tech centers have access to the same information. If you changed the CSC and ROM to a different region and have a display or h/w failure you won't be able to change it back before sending it in. Samsung's going to know you were screwing around with s/w on the device. What it means warranty wise is up to the tech handling your repair.

mrpiter

Aug 20, 2011
Ok, but what if I change ROM only without touching csc? Actually, I cannot change csc as that would require root and obviously root = 0x1. I don't quite understand why this should be a problem? I thought that as long as I am running on stock ROM and have 0x0 I should have no issues with Samsung's support.

Wysłane z mojego SM-P600 przy użyciu Tapatalka

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Here's the warranty. There's no valid reason for any of us to use a non-Samsung tool (Odin) to replace our device's s/w with s/w from another region it's not intended to run. There are tons of terms below that could be applied to flashing non-approved s/w even if it's official in another region. I'm not saying you will have a problem, I'm saying you could. And the only one you have to convince you're entitled to warranty support should you need it is the Samsung rep you're talking to.

Warranty periods and warranty services are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. The warranty period applies from the date of purchase by the first customer and is transferable only between end-users. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Please note that this does not include consumables items such as batteries, bulbs, and ink cartridges unless listed above under 'general information'. The liability of Samsung Electronics (or its appointed maintenance agent) is limited to the cost of repair and/or replacement of the product under warranty. The warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused (howsoever) by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment. It is invalidated if unauthorized persons carry out any alterations and/or repairs. Also, the warranty is invalidated in the following cases:

-For the repair of a domestic product used in a commercial environment.
-For repair due to incorrect installation in your home
-For repair to any product where the serial number has been removed

damage that is attached to or used in connection with the product. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd support a product purchased in Europe if it has an EU Bloc Warranty. This warranty is present where the top of the product warranty card clearly states 'European Bloc'. If the product is purchased in another part of the globe then Samsung may attempt a repair. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee the outcome.

Reactions: mrpiter

EvilTongs

May 15, 2014
Here's the warranty. There's no valid reason for any of us to use a non-Samsung tool (Odin) to replace our device's s/w with s/w from another region it's not intended to run. There are tons of terms below that could be applied to flashing non-approved s/w even if it's official in another region. I'm not saying you will have a problem, I'm saying you could. And the only one you have to convince you're entitled to warranty support should you need it is the Samsung rep you're talking to.

Warranty periods and warranty services are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. The warranty period applies from the date of purchase by the first customer and is transferable only between end-users. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Please note that this does not include consumables items such as batteries, bulbs, and ink cartridges unless listed above under 'general information'. The liability of Samsung Electronics (or its appointed maintenance agent) is limited to the cost of repair and/or replacement of the product under warranty. The warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused (howsoever) by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment. It is invalidated if unauthorized persons carry out any alterations and/or repairs. Also, the warranty is invalidated in the following cases:

damage that is attached to or used in connection with the product. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd support a product purchased in Europe if it has an EU Bloc Warranty. This warranty is present where the top of the product warranty card clearly states 'European Bloc'. If the product is purchased in another part of the globe then Samsung may attempt a repair. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee the outcome.

As a UK user, there is EVERY reason to run a different firmware, currently there is no official samsung uk file that enables the use of 4G, the only way to enable 4g is to use a different firmware from a different country, as it is in the uk I believe it's only the 16 GB wifi p600 available within the uk, maybe there is a 32GB version but again wifi only. For me it was far more sense to buy the 605 model which also has the better chipset, and then set about flashing a different firmware. Again my kids will be using the tablet so it is important it has multiuser support, again something not available with the uk firmware. This whole, you'll invalidate your warranty thing is a bit OTT, I know for one if there was a problem i might accidently drop the tablet on my tiled floor, my house insurance would cover it anyways!!! I got my 605 32GB for £353 delivered from an amazon seller, it's from HKong, it took 8 days to arrive!!! Couldn't be happier. I'm quite happy to read up then root the device, I'm not planning on selling it on it'll prob stay in my family til it dies, I appreciate that not everyone is confident with technology or maybe can afford to 'take a risk' as it were, but people basically scare-mongering is not good either. I learnt to overclock by reading and trying out, you risk a little to gain a little, from what I've read so far, there isn't a huge risk rooting at all, unless you have a powercut mid flash!! If you aren't planning on selling on, why worry about KNOX?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.