[ROM][BETA] Eclr0.2.1b "Bishop" - 2.0 with gapps + semi-working sync ~TESTING ONLY~

Search This thread

goldenarmZ

Oct 14, 2008
Sheffield
www.gzthemes.com
[ROM][BETA] Eclr0.2.1b "Bishop" - 2.0 with gapps + semi-working sync ~TESTING ONLY~

Release 0.2b "Bishop", it`s more trustworthy than Ash but still an ugly old coot.

Release Name: Eclr-gZ
Release Version: 0.2b "Bishop"
MD5 Sum: 2606f60d040840316686bac58ac1a271
Credits: Me
Base Firmware: 2.0
Radio Required: 2.22.19.26I
SPL Required: 1.33.2005
Partition Layout: FAT/Ext3/Linux-Swap
Wipe Required: Yes
Special instructions: Disable sync & refresh gmail manually.
Download: http://www.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=goldenarmz/APPS/&file=Eclr.0.2.1b-Bishop.gZ.zip

**IMPORTANT: Automatic sync gets stuck in a loop. Contacts and emails will sync on first boot, but for now you'll have to disable autosync and periodically do it manually to get your emails through. If you can't tolerate that, DON'T FLASH THIS ROM!**

Sync service seems to trip up over a new sync adapter that wasn't in 1.6 - "subscribedfeeds - com.google". It will constantly retry this adapter and ignore all others. I've messed about with swapping in the subscribedfeeds apk from 1.6, this fixed the problem but caused FCs with the calendar and gapps.. a better solution is needed. Manual sync using the dev tools works fine, but it keeps falling back into a loop with this other adapter and I don't know how to stop it... let's see if any of you can come up with anything 8)

Aside from this rather large problem, all google apps are working with no force closes as yet.

NOTES:
Requires the standard 3 partition setup, fat, ext, swap and the deathspl. G1/Dream/ADP1 only.

My update script will erase userdata.. it's easier that way until the rom is stable.

First boot has been cleaned up. Sign-in works normally, but the phone will take a few minutes after boot to settle down and get up to speed. There is still a force close from LatinIME on boot sometimes.. not figured that one out yet.

FEATURES:
root
a2sd (working now, tested on ext3. wipe your ext to be sure)
linux-swap
wifi
bt
gapps
sync (sort of)
added wallpaper set & save app
facebook app from sholes dump
build.prop hack for navigation

NOT WORKING:
Accelerometer
Camera

STILL TO DO:
fix sync
optimization
theme

THANKS TO:
Joushou, maxisma, B-man007, Cyanogen, dwang, jubeh, enomther and anyone else I might have forgotten.. either for direct help, or for the things I've learnt from dissecting their work :D

DOWNLOAD: - MD5: 2606f60d040840316686bac58ac1a271
http://sharebee.com/bd656825
http://www.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=goldenarmz/APPS/&file=Eclr.0.2.1b-Bishop.gZ.zip

Last edited:

barakinflorida

Feb 5, 2009
Central Florida
nice

Can't wait to download and try. Remove. Pervisoning.apk it is replaced by setupwizard. That will stop the choice at start. What base ron did you use and what set iof apps.

Last edited:

nazforex

Oct 14, 2009
error

I get an error during the install
"E: Corrupt file: system/framework/ext.jar"
"E:Verification failed"
"install aborted"

droiddv

Jun 20, 2009
It took me 20 minutes to download this, did a complete wipe of everything.
E: Corrupt file:
System/framework/ext.jar
E: Verification failed

Installation aborted.

I also tried to extract the downloadable zip

1 CRC failed in "system\framework\ext.jar". File is broken

Last edited:

co2gaz

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks good, work fine on my magic 32B :). wifi dont work, anyone can tel me how to make it work.
thx

lesjaw

Jun 3, 2008
tested on 32a with xRom 32A kernel by eug89...
Wifi, BT and GPS seem work..
sync also work for contacts and mail..multiple google account also work..no FC so far..
but like TS has been mention before after everything setup the sync seem not working anymore..it seems just stuck on sync (sync icon always comes out in status bar)..mail is not coming and new contacts didnot sync, if i disable sync in setting then reenable it sync will work but after that it stuck again..son the syncronisation just work for the first time..

thanks for the great work..waiting sync fix..