The stock equalizer is complete garbage.

Search This thread

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
Have you tried the stock EQ on the Galaxy S4? I was messing with it earlier and man that thing is completely botched.

Basically, when you raise one of the frequencies on a legit equalizer, only that frequency gets enhanced and all the others remain unchanged.

In the Samsung EQ when you raise one frequency, that frequency doesn't actually change at all, the ones that change are all the others, which get LOWERED! Isn't this some bull****?

You can test this, and see that I'm right, if you raise all frequencies to the max, the sound will be identical to when all the frequencies are set at 0 (middle position). Another test you can do is raise any single frequency to the max, listen to the music for a bit, and then lower every frequency to the minumum and leave the frequency you raised before to default 0 position, the sound will be identical.

Long story short, this EQ can't raise any frequency even though the slider says +10dB - 0 - -10dB, all it can do is lower every other frequency so the one you raised is N dB higher than the others.

Andy0625

Dec 9, 2012
Have you tried the stock EQ on the Galaxy S4? I was messing with it earlier and man that thing is completely botched.

Basically, when you raise one of the frequencies on a legit equalizer, only that frequency gets enhanced and all the others remain unchanged.

In the Samsung EQ when you raise one frequency, that frequency doesn't actually change at all, the ones that change are all the others, which get LOWERED! Isn't this some bull****?

You can test this, and see that I'm right, if you raise all frequencies to the max, the sound will be identical to when all the frequencies are set at 0 (middle position). Another test you can do is raise any single frequency to the max, listen to the music for a bit, and then lower every frequency to the minumum and leave the frequency you raised before to default 0 position, the sound will be identical.

Long story short, this EQ can't raise any frequency even though the slider says +10dB - 0 - -10dB, all it can do is lower every other frequency so the one you raised is N dB higher than the others.
Would you able to list the model code of S4 you're using? I9500 or others?

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
Generally speaking, EQ is not a volume control.
With originally reserved gain, EQ can rise volume for selected frequencies which is the case for most home cinemas. For limited resources of phone, it's unpraxtical to reserve gain, so volume of zero is actually maximum possible volume. Rising volume over this point will produce distortion (or will produce sound louder than allowed by some countries). That's why this EQ lowering volume of non-selected bands. EQ is doing what is supposed to do - sound equalization. What it can't do - is to rise selected band above 0 (which is what you're expecting).

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
All i can say viper4android

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk