Samsung Grear live not detected by updated DN3 rom

Search This thread

netma2k

Dec 1, 2012
With the new update on 11/07/2014 everything including GPS is working great with this rom. Great job done by lacoursiere18 in making this rom. However my new samsung gear live is not any more detected by the phone's bluetooth. But it does not have any problem in detecting and paring with my fitbit. When I rolled back to stock rooted 4.4.2 rom, gear live is paired immediately. Any thoughts on fixing this issue ?

devious_z

Jul 9, 2014
With the new update on 11/07/2014 everything including GPS is working great with this rom. Great job done by lacoursiere18 in making this rom. However my new samsung gear live is not any more detected by the phone's bluetooth. But it does not have any problem in detecting and paring with my fitbit. When I rolled back to stock rooted 4.4.2 rom, gear live is paired immediately. Any thoughts on fixing this issue ?

Just throwing out a suggestion, bc I'm not sure if your watch does this or not -

I have DN3 installed on mine too, and have a Pebble myself. After reinstalling the Pebble app, I found that the watch was not wanting to pair up with the phone. I had to go into the watch itself and remove the previous pairing I had with the phone's old ROM for the Pebble app to pick it up again.

Does the Gear Live have something similar?

netma2k

Dec 1, 2012
Just throwing out a suggestion, bc I'm not sure if your watch does this or not -

I have DN3 installed on mine too, and have a Pebble myself. After reinstalling the Pebble app, I found that the watch was not wanting to pair up with the phone. I had to go into the watch itself and remove the previous pairing I had with the phone's old ROM for the Pebble app to pick it up again.

Does the Gear Live have something similar?

devious_z, thanks for the response. I do not see any configuration option to remove the BT pairing in my Samy Gear Live. Next time when I reinstall ND3, I will try to play with the reset option in my watch to see if that can resolve the problem of being detected by the phone.