[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

Search This thread

Sporkman

Mar 13, 2009
ok explian to me what a Winmax is and do i need it since i dont have 4g atm

tigereyeslalo

Jan 21, 2010
I flashed the latest radio and wimax to the latest Fresh ROM and it did flash correctly BUT 4G doesn't work. it just stays on scanning. everything shows like it updated correctly but won't connect to 4G

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
ok explian to me what a Winmax is and do i need it since i dont have 4g atm

Okay, Guess i will come in and help Cal' out..

Okay, look guys.. just flash the latest radio (if you haven't) then flash the wimaxx (latest) if you havent..

Then, continue living your android life.. This works with ANY, and I repeat ANY rom.. Since, this is the correct fix, thanks so much again cal' that has been put out.. The radio and wimaxx are only radio's, thus, should be only flashed once, and once approved for working conditions, left alone.. These are not the roms, that only change /system and /data and some other little bits, this is the actual radio communication.. So, just follow the steps, on ANY rom, and flash.. then you will have the LATEST OTA radio IMG's..

To then leave you to choose any rom of your liking..!

Hope that helps EVERYONE!!!.. :D

Reactions: SLB9884
R

r6danl

No you can not flash the newest radios until Flipz updates his Fresh ROM with the correct base files.

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis
I flashed the radio from fresh, and all went well. The baseband showed up and everything worked fine. However after flashing the wimax, my 4g went out. Tried flashing the 2nd wimax to downgrade, and 4g still didn't work. I tried the mac address fix, but my mac was correct. I ended up flashing the pcimg.zip from toasts part 2, and then follwed the remaining steps to finish full nand unlock. Then i flashed back to fresh, updated the radio and prl, and now i have 4g back.

rileyd5

May 6, 2008
Pittsburgh
I flashed the radio from fresh, and all went well. The baseband showed up and everything worked fine. However after flashing the wimax, my 4g went out. Tried flashing the 2nd wimax to downgrade, and 4g still didn't work. I tried the mac address fix, but my mac was correct. I ended up flashing the pcimg.zip from toasts part 2, and then follwed the remaining steps to finish full nand unlock. Then i flashed back to fresh, updated the radio and prl, and now i have 4g back.

question for you. did you flash calk's rooted ota rom? also when you flashed the radio and wimax, did you wipe each time (factory reset, dalvik cache) or just wipe dalvik? I curious what the exact protocol is for flashing the radio and wimax. thanks guys.

cuban4lf

Oct 20, 2008
dabangem, fl
ok got radio... how about wimax??? how do you check that one ??
and i believe you cant use this on fresh because e is still using old build !! omj has 1.6 new build !!

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis
question for you. did you flash calk's rooted ota rom? also when you flashed the radio and wimax, did you wipe each time (factory reset, dalvik cache) or just wipe dalvik? I curious what the exact protocol is for flashing the radio and wimax. thanks guys.

I did not flash his ota rom. I came from fresh 0.5.3. When flashing radios you don't need to wipe. Just flash on top of your rom.

admorris

Jun 8, 2010
Running Fresh latest rom and just flashed newest radio without a hiccup...just letting you know. Anyone flashed wimax without any problems? I'm a little scared to do that just yet.

Top Liked Posts