Free GPS tracking app that works on android and iphone?

Search This thread

ukulele_ninja

Sep 7, 2010
My fiancee is leaving for vacation in a few weeks and I wanted to get a gps tracking app in case her iphone should get lost or stolen. I would like one that works for android too so i could have one account for both our phones. I thought about google lattitude but i dont see that iphone gets that. Any ideas?

krakerx

Dec 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
My fiancee is leaving for vacation in a few weeks and I wanted to get a gps tracking app in case her iphone should get lost or stolen. I would like one that works for android too so i could have one account for both our phones. I thought about google lattitude but i dont see that iphone gets that. Any ideas?

The only one that I know of for the iPhone that is a sure thing is mobileMe. $99 though, but it's for the year, plus it'll back up just about everything on the phone too, so if anything does happen to it, it'll be backed up.

As far as android, I was using lookout, it's free in the market. Simple web interface, and it too will back up a bunch of your info, as well as find your phone.

ukulele_ninja

Sep 7, 2010
The only one that I know of for the iPhone that is a sure thing is mobileMe. $99 though, but it's for the year, plus it'll back up just about everything on the phone too, so if anything does happen to it, it'll be backed up.

As far as android, I was using lookout, it's free in the market. Simple web interface, and it too will back up a bunch of your info, as well as find your phone.

Ill check out mobileme for me, theres no way im paying $100 for the iphone program though. I just want something that you can pull up say, 'hey theres my phone' and be done.

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007
While iOS4 finally allows location to run in the backgroud, I think it only allows pre-running location to run. Meaning the program would have to be started by her any time her phone resets, constantly be tracking the phone, and would wear out the battery super fast. I could be wrong on this, but I have never personally come across an app store program that could do this.

If your wifes phone is jailbroken, there are a few apps that do this in a much better way. Ilocalis is supposed to be one but I never got around to trying any of them when I had my iPhone. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Fameelee

Sep 29, 2016
Suggest you to try Fameelee - Family Locator app. It works in background, highly accurate and drain 3% of the battery life only.
Give it a try and you will be addicted to it.

Reactions: Mar0der

RobbieRq

Oct 13, 2016
Suggest you to try Fameelee - Family Locator app. It works in background, highly accurate and drain 3% of the battery life only.
Sorry but i couldn't find any app for iOS. This seems to be another nice app
I found some apps
Labour Sync: This GPS tracker app eliminates the need for paper timesheets with automatic reports that can be customized and filtered by employee, job and time frame. You can see exactly how much time is being spent on a particular project.
+ Android
+ AppStore
+Apk file
Hubstaff: Time tracking and GPS verification
+ Android
+ AppStore
+ Apk file
Hope it will help.

Reactions: Cydia.Mate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but i couldn't find any app for iOS. This seems to be another nice app
    I found some apps
    Labour Sync: This GPS tracker app eliminates the need for paper timesheets with automatic reports that can be customized and filtered by employee, job and time frame. You can see exactly how much time is being spent on a particular project.
    + Android
    + AppStore
    +Apk file
    Hubstaff: Time tracking and GPS verification
    + Android
    + AppStore
    + Apk file
    Hope it will help.