Ultimate One Click Theme Injector (Teaser 1/15) Screenies... Need some feed back!

Search This thread

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
New Ultimate Version

I'm looking for some feed back and interest in a gui version of this app, below are some screnshots. Currently I have written interfaces for Optipng, Apktool, ADK, Z7a and a buncha other theming tools. Think of this new version as a way to manage your themes and roms in a workspace like setting, where files will show up in a explorer like ui.

Please ask questions and make suggestions Please!

READ THIS FIRST:

UPDATE 9 PATCH TWEAKS:
This new version will port your favorite hdpi theme to an mdpi rom... yes 9 patch resizing. I want to be the first to say this is not 100% and it probably never will be, and over the next couple of days we can discuss this.

What it will do is resize every 9 patch in a rom and move it over to the mdpi theme. Yes this is the same method I used for all my hdpi ports.

What it might not get is the 9 patching data correctly, which means that it might get stretched incorrectly, most times you won't noticed but others it will be obvious. This will happen anywhere from 1% to 30% of the 9 patch pngs in a port, but all you will need to do is redraw them using the 9 patch draw tool in the adb folder.

Please respect other peoples work. If you port a theme using this and repost it don't just link back to the op... mention the author and give them props.

Also want to say I spent a looooong time trying to figure this out, and I tried many different ways, and I'm open to others suggestion on making this better

Oh and don't forget to to install Image Magick, its included and the HDPI to MDPI will not work without this.

This tool will take your favorite theme and inject it into your favorite rom... provided they are compatible with each other (might work if they aren't but thats for later). I did this cause alot of themers and people who like themes are always waiting for the nightly theme to get applied, well this will do it for you.

You can think of this as almost a theme installer.

INSTRUCTIONS by Norm12:
1. Download and extract.
1.5 Install image magick from the image magick folder... just run the installer and its ready to go. This is important the hdpi to mdpi will not work without it.
2. Copy both the theme and rom into the 1 click folder---the extracted one.
3. Open the 1-click folder and you should see your theme, rom, lib folder, and the injector script.
4. Doubleclick on the injector script----if you did everything correct it will open a cmd prompt
5. Enter the names of the rom and theme when asked...I did use the exact names and added ".zip" to the end.
5.5 Answer y if this is an hdpi to mdpi port otherwise n.
6. Hit enter and wait. When it is really done it will auto-close the cmd prompt. This may take 15 minutes.
7. Your newly themed rom will be in the same folder as the unthemed rom and theme zips. If it worked it should be slightly larger than the original rom. Enjoy

!!!IMPORTANT... BECAUSE 7ZIP SHOWS OUTPUT IGNORE THE "EVERYTHING IS OK" LET THE SCRIPT FINISH WHEN ITS DONE IT WILL CLOSE ITSELF IF YOU DOUBLE CLICKED IT OR IT WILL RETURN TO COMMAND PROMPT!!!

Ignore any errors your seeing while it runs, this is normal like before let it run completely through till it closes out.

Run time could be up too 20 minutes (60 with HDPI to MDPI) on a big theme/rom, but faster that waiting!

You must now install Image Magick if you would like to use the hdpi to mdpi resizing!

ISSUES:
There also seems to be an issue with the gallery3d.apk and the differences in the mdpi and hdpi version. For now remove this from the theme your porting otherwise it won't come out right.

Update 4:
HDPI to MDPI porting!!!!!

Update 3:
Removed verbose but added optopng verbose just let it run. It works but you have to let it finish, the cmd window will close it self.

Update 2:
Added verbose output so that you guys will know to close it out before its done...even tho 7zip says everything is ok... just let it do its thing.

Update 1:
Had the optimization stuff commented out... sorry its back on.
Script will clean up now after it finishes.

JAVA CLASSPATH:
Its needed for the signer to work properly goto a command prompt and type in java -version. if you get and error back java is not in your classpath and needs to be.

just right click on my computer, then goto properties, then click on the advanced tab, at the bottom click on the "Environment Variable" button.

Now click on the new button... the one on the bottom for system variable and put in this
variable name: JAVA_HOME
variable value: C:\<path-to-where-java-is>

Now click ok and select the path system variable and then click edit. IMPORTANT only append to the end of the value this... ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

then click ok and ok out of all those windows and open a new command prompt and type java -version you should get no error if you do your path to java was wrong follow the steps above again and make sure the path is correct.

WHAT THIS WON'T DO:
It won't port over xml or smali edits.

It wont port over what it can't find... so if your theme has a facebook widget or something but the rom does not then it will ignore that.

It will not port over fonts or anything other than the framework-res.apk and all the themes apks in the system/app folder. If this is popular Maybe other stuff can get included.

WHAT THIS WILL DO:
Shrink a 9 patch from HDPI size to MDPI size.

Push over all the themes pngs from the apk with it to the roms matching apk.

Optimize every png in the theme you are porting over.

Zip align all the apks in your newly themed rom.

Sign the newly themed rom.

Give me feed back.
I might make this easier and make the injector steal the apks for injection right from your phone and then inject and make a flashable to put right back on... tell me what you think.

New HDPI to MDPI version (v2) with 9 patch porting download here

Screenies from Ultimate One Click Theme Injector

Attachments

• one_click_theme_injector.zip
    804.6 KB · Views: 3,119
Last edited:

pwachleman

Jul 27, 2010
This is great, going to give it a try! Want to use steel my elegance on AOSP mod!

Last edited:
Reactions: paul96

ehac1680

Jul 11, 2010
What does yours do that this one doesn't do? I'm just curious because this one will re-size the png's.

Last edited:

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
What does yours do that this one doesn't do?

well it optos and zip aligns annnd it signs all in one step. while I have looked at that one a while back it has been buggy (it might not now haven't really checked).

So while this isn't necessarily a porter per say. its one step and alot easier to use than that, and it does the extras like zip aligning all the apks, optos and signing. Your finished product is ready to be flashed.

Its your choice!

Edit:
While I do have a technique for doing hdpi to mdpi even the 9ptach, its buggy and reallies on assumptions.

I know for a fact that his does not work (or barely works just read the thread) for hdpi to mdpi and is over all very tricky to use. While mine does not include the hdpi to mdpi I might include that later to my one click suite of tools. But I can tell you 9 ptach porting is likely impossible at best mine will port a 9patch but in about 5-15% of the time is gets bad patch data because of the method I use to port it.... witch I can tell you is the only way you can do it.

Mine will also work across roms and if you guys want I'll put the theme porting code in even the 9patch resizing... so you guys can se my super secret method of porting 9patch pngs.

Last edited:

ehac1680

Jul 11, 2010
So wait is that what you used to do Black and Gold?

No, I didn't find this until after I ported Black and Gold. Would of been very helpful if I had used it. This doesn't re-size the .9's but it does port them over. I have been using it to put theimpailers changes into the nightly though.

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Well try it out and tell me if you think his is easier to use... i made it specially for making nightlies easier to theme.

Does his zip align and optimize... does it produce a final flashable product? All mine needs are the 2 zips (theme and rom names) and the rest is done.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ehac1680

Jul 11, 2010
Well try it out and tell me if you think his is easier to use... i made it specially for making nightlies easier to theme.

Does his zip align and optimize... does it produce a final flashable product? All mine needs are the 2 zips (theme and rom names) and the rest is done.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

I'm definitely going to try it. It sounds like it will make updates to the nightlies easier, if there ever is a successful one again :)

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
well tried to put Steel My Elegance with darchdroid 2.8.. it did everything with no errors.. but when after I flashed the zip. it just stayed at the htc boot screen...

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
well tried to put Steel My Elegance with darchdroid 2.8.. it did everything with no errors.. but when after I flashed the zip. it just stayed at the htc boot screen...

hold on let me try and see what happened give me a few minutes.

Edit:
So it never got to bootanimation?
Were you going to this rom from another?
How long did you wait for it at the splash screen.

The reason I ask is that this will only push over pngs and shouldn't in anyway affect the rom, save for the new pngs. The only thing I can think of is that you might want to wipe dalvik and data before if your coming from another rom.

Last edited:

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
I let it sit for bout 10 mins.. etc. then just nand back.

im currently running dd 2.8.

so after it compiled the new theme zip.. i just copied it to my sd card and flashed it..

unless im missing something etc.

So basicly u take the theme.zip and the rom.zip.. tell your script the locations. etc. and then it does its thing..

then take the theme.zip ( before renaming it ) and flash that. correct?

Im gonna try another theme and see what happens...

Last edited:

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
I let it sit for bout 10 mins.. etc. then just nand back.

im currently running dd 2.8.

so after it compiled the new theme zip.. i just copied it to my sd card and flashed it..

unless im missing something etc.

So basicly u take the theme.zip and the rom.zip.. tell your script the locations. etc. and then it does its thing..

then take the theme.zip ( before renaming it ) and flash that. correct?

Ok not sure if you got it backwards but just in case. The script will take the theme and the rom and push the theme into the rom. the final output will be the rom with this appended to the front of the name... themed-darchdroid-v28.zip and that you can flash to your system. You don't need to rename or anything just put themed-darchdroid-v28.zip on your sdcard and flash it to your system.

I can check when I get home and see what happens when I flash it since I don't have my hero on me.

Last edited:

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
here is whats in the folder once its complete..

im at work so.. dont have too much time to mess with it..lol

oh it seems to be failing then, since the theme.zip and rom.zip are temporary and used by the script to make changes on.

Try this, copy darchdroid-v28.zip into the folder and sme6_signed.zip into the folder then run the script and give those names when asked for them.

The final output should be "themed-darchdroid-v28.zip" I just ran it and the resulting rom looks fine... I can test it of course but will try when I get home.

jtpterp

Jul 15, 2010
All I get are the theme.zip and rom.zip, never outputs the final product. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
All I get are the theme.zip and rom.zip, never outputs the final product. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

hmm not sure why... been using this script for months now. Try this

1. copy your rom into the folder.
2. copy your theme into the folder.
3. tell the script the names (i.e. my-theme.zip, cm6.zip)
4. let script run.

Final output should be themed-<nameofrom>.zip this is your flashable.

Last edited:

jtpterp

Jul 15, 2010
How long after the "everything is ok" message appears does it take to complete?

Maybe i'm just not be patient enough ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Ultimate Version

I'm looking for some feed back and interest in a gui version of this app, below are some screnshots. Currently I have written interfaces for Optipng, Apktool, ADK, Z7a and a buncha other theming tools. Think of this new version as a way to manage your themes and roms in a workspace like setting, where files will show up in a explorer like ui.

Please ask questions and make suggestions Please!

READ THIS FIRST:

UPDATE 9 PATCH TWEAKS:
    This new version will port your favorite hdpi theme to an mdpi rom... yes 9 patch resizing. I want to be the first to say this is not 100% and it probably never will be, and over the next couple of days we can discuss this.

What it will do is resize every 9 patch in a rom and move it over to the mdpi theme. Yes this is the same method I used for all my hdpi ports.

What it might not get is the 9 patching data correctly, which means that it might get stretched incorrectly, most times you won't noticed but others it will be obvious. This will happen anywhere from 1% to 30% of the 9 patch pngs in a port, but all you will need to do is redraw them using the 9 patch draw tool in the adb folder.

Please respect other peoples work. If you port a theme using this and repost it don't just link back to the op... mention the author and give them props.

Also want to say I spent a looooong time trying to figure this out, and I tried many different ways, and I'm open to others suggestion on making this better

Oh and don't forget to to install Image Magick, its included and the HDPI to MDPI will not work without this.

This tool will take your favorite theme and inject it into your favorite rom... provided they are compatible with each other (might work if they aren't but thats for later). I did this cause alot of themers and people who like themes are always waiting for the nightly theme to get applied, well this will do it for you.

You can think of this as almost a theme installer.

INSTRUCTIONS by Norm12:
    1. Download and extract.
    1.5 Install image magick from the image magick folder... just run the installer and its ready to go. This is important the hdpi to mdpi will not work without it.
    2. Copy both the theme and rom into the 1 click folder---the extracted one.
    3. Open the 1-click folder and you should see your theme, rom, lib folder, and the injector script.
    4. Doubleclick on the injector script----if you did everything correct it will open a cmd prompt
    5. Enter the names of the rom and theme when asked...I did use the exact names and added ".zip" to the end.
    5.5 Answer y if this is an hdpi to mdpi port otherwise n.
    6. Hit enter and wait. When it is really done it will auto-close the cmd prompt. This may take 15 minutes.
    7. Your newly themed rom will be in the same folder as the unthemed rom and theme zips. If it worked it should be slightly larger than the original rom. Enjoy

!!!IMPORTANT... BECAUSE 7ZIP SHOWS OUTPUT IGNORE THE "EVERYTHING IS OK" LET THE SCRIPT FINISH WHEN ITS DONE IT WILL CLOSE ITSELF IF YOU DOUBLE CLICKED IT OR IT WILL RETURN TO COMMAND PROMPT!!!

Ignore any errors your seeing while it runs, this is normal like before let it run completely through till it closes out.

Run time could be up too 20 minutes (60 with HDPI to MDPI) on a big theme/rom, but faster that waiting!

You must now install Image Magick if you would like to use the hdpi to mdpi resizing!

ISSUES:
    There also seems to be an issue with the gallery3d.apk and the differences in the mdpi and hdpi version. For now remove this from the theme your porting otherwise it won't come out right.

Update 4:
    HDPI to MDPI porting!!!!!

Update 3:
    Removed verbose but added optopng verbose just let it run. It works but you have to let it finish, the cmd window will close it self.

Update 2:
    Added verbose output so that you guys will know to close it out before its done...even tho 7zip says everything is ok... just let it do its thing.

Update 1:
    Had the optimization stuff commented out... sorry its back on.
    Script will clean up now after it finishes.

JAVA CLASSPATH:
    Its needed for the signer to work properly goto a command prompt and type in java -version. if you get and error back java is not in your classpath and needs to be.

just right click on my computer, then goto properties, then click on the advanced tab, at the bottom click on the "Environment Variable" button.

Now click on the new button... the one on the bottom for system variable and put in this
    variable name: JAVA_HOME
    variable value: C:\<path-to-where-java-is>

Now click ok and select the path system variable and then click edit. IMPORTANT only append to the end of the value this... ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

then click ok and ok out of all those windows and open a new command prompt and type java -version you should get no error if you do your path to java was wrong follow the steps above again and make sure the path is correct.

WHAT THIS WON'T DO:
    It won't port over xml or smali edits.

It wont port over what it can't find... so if your theme has a facebook widget or something but the rom does not then it will ignore that.

It will not port over fonts or anything other than the framework-res.apk and all the themes apks in the system/app folder. If this is popular Maybe other stuff can get included.

WHAT THIS WILL DO:
    Shrink a 9 patch from HDPI size to MDPI size.

Push over all the themes pngs from the apk with it to the roms matching apk.

Optimize every png in the theme you are porting over.

Zip align all the apks in your newly themed rom.

Sign the newly themed rom.

Give me feed back.
    I might make this easier and make the injector steal the apks for injection right from your phone and then inject and make a flashable to put right back on... tell me what you think.

New HDPI to MDPI version (v2) with 9 patch porting download here

Screenies from Ultimate One Click Theme Injector
    their are 4 png files you need to grab from stock cm7 and move into the drawable-hdpi folder of your framework to give you black menu's back

the png's are as follows
    -menu_background.9
    -menu_background_fill_parent_width.9
    -menu_separator.9
    -menu_submenu_background.9

since cm6.1 still has white menu's they carried over, hope this will help
    This is great, going to give it a try! Want to use steel my elegance on AOSP mod!
    What does yours do that this one doesn't do? I'm just curious because this one will re-size the png's.
    Yep grab your latest rom zip file and then a theme for themed rom zip file and run the program, your new rom will get themed. Takes a little bit of time to finish and varies on your computer speed but its better than doing it manually.